• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Great Fairy Fountain II : Zelda Data & Research Repository

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Just chiming in to say that this idea of getting reference points for stages to ledge-cancel would be super useful for me. I used to actually use this quite a bit in tournament and would like to again.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Fun news! Due to a thread in the competitive subforum about the data, I can now add another statistic to complex data tables! You can (Very soon) view a hit-box's ability to clank! Such as being transcending or normal.

Edit : Finished implementing it! You can find it in a complex data table just underneath "SDI" near the bottom. :D

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ BJN39 BJN39 Ok so I thought it would be a good idea to show a preview of some sort, just in case it looks terrible and you hate it.
FD Right: The back of her dress (where her foot is) needs to be RIGHT where the red/magma part starts. Just a step past the glowy thing in the middle.
FD Left: Pretty much right on the glowy thing. She fits perfectly on it.

Sorry for the bad quality. I just used my phone camera. And it did NOT like the flashiness of FD, LOL. Let me know if this is ok or not. :)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ BJN39 BJN39 Ok so I thought it would be a good idea to show a preview of some sort, just in case it looks terrible and you hate it.
FD Right: The back of her dress (where her foot is) needs to be RIGHT where the red/magma part starts. Just a step past the glowy thing in the middle.
FD Left: Pretty much right on the glowy thing. She fits perfectly on it.

Sorry for the bad quality. I just used my phone camera. And it did NOT like the flashiness of FD, LOL. Let me know if this is ok or not. :)
Sorry my reply is so late, I meant to reply sooner.

These pictures are nice, and feel free to have/add pictures, (I most likely will if you're providing.) but I myself probably won't at least for the 3DS reference points, unless someone can provide me images of all the omegas and viable platform stages in "Panned out" view for the 3DS version. I was just gonna do writeups there. :p

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'm loving how this move-set guide/misc is shaping up to be so far. The layout is also clean, easy on the eyes, and pretty-ish. The gifs give us a clear view of whatever move or technique you're trying to show. Keep up the fabulous work, @ BJN39 BJN39

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'm loving how this move-set guide/misc is shaping up to be so far. The layout is also clean, easy on the eyes, and pretty-ish. The gifs give us a clear view of whatever move or technique you're trying to show. Keep up the fabulous work, @ BJN39 BJN39
Thank you ^ ^ It means a lot to me to hear people like it and it's useful and or easy enough to read.

The GIFs are also just what I was wishing for. I was pleasantly surprised when @ Nammy12 Nammy12 had made them all in Black dress to boot. <3

Bonus GIFs:

Such sig material heer.

Everyone loves the taunts. <3

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Sorry my reply is so late, I meant to reply sooner.

These pictures are nice, and feel free to have/add pictures, (I most likely will if you're providing.) but I myself probably won't at least for the 3DS reference points, unless someone can provide me images of all the omegas and viable platform stages in "Panned out" view for the 3DS version. I was just gonna do writeups there. :p
Glad you like them. I have the 3DS version too, so I could get pics for you once the Wii U version is done.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Finished Battlefield, Town and City, Lylat Cruise (ugh), and Delfino Plaza! For some reason the Battlefield left cancel pic and the Delfino right cancel pic didn't want to upload...

Battlefield

Right: The front of her dress (while standing, no idle poses happening) needs to touch the center of the swirly thing. The left version is the same, except on the other side of the swirl.
Town and City

Right and Left: If only they could all be so easy! See that dot in the middle? Stand right on it, and you can cancel on both sides! Celebratory fireball! It's almost like it was made for this :'D. This might be one of our better stages because of this.
Lylat Cruise

Right: The front of her dress needs to touch the center of the stage. It's marked with a tiny black line, so that helps. Would not recommend cancelling. It only works if the side you wish to cancel on is tilting up. I hate this stage.

Left: Same thing, dress on the black line in the center. This is where cancelling wouldn't work, due to the tilt. It would work if it was tilting the other way, though. Still hate this stage.
Delfino Plaza

Left: On the main platform, there are little...rainbow line things in the middle (inside the big circle). You want to stand in between the first and second lines. Works the same way for the right side. Caught her mid-hairflip...

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lylat Cruise is a truly terrifying place to use Farore's Wind cancels.

Also, I think editing the image and using Paint or almost any other photo editing program might be a good idea to 'mark' the places where she can initiation teleporting to.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm gonna have some free time later tonight so I can also test some FW cancel locations if you guys would like. :) Are there any specific stages that need testing?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm gonna have some free time later tonight so I can also test some FW cancel locations if you guys would like. :) Are there any specific stages that need testing?
Well, @ Rickster Rickster has done BF, Lylat, Town & City, and Delfino for the WiiU so far (And IDK if he is doing any atm that he hasn't finished.) and I've done the top row of 6 in the 3DS version. So it's up to you. You can choose whichever you'd like to, as long as you let us know so we don't accidentally do them too!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
If you guys want I can provide screenshots for both versions. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help with the testing though. (Not good enough with Zelda :c)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If you guys want I can provide screenshots for both versions. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help with the testing though. (Not good enough with Zelda :c)
That sounds great to me! @ Rickster Rickster would you be cool with that?

PS, you don't need to be 'good enough' at Zelda to test edge cancel reference points. ;) You just need to know how to work FW ledge cancelling really.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ah sorry this took so long for me to do! I came home later than expected. I decided to do Duck Hunt, Kongo Jungle 64, and Halberd.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot something in the Duck Hunt section so I added that

Stand about a Zeldas length away from the disappearing / reappearing grass and if you're on the left, teleport to left and right for right. (works for both left and right side)

If the grass isn't there:

In the middle of the stage there's two dark patches of grass. For the left side stand so the back of Zelda's dress touches the front of the one with the arrow pointing to it. For the right, stand in the middle of the other patch.

For the left side of the stage, stand so the back of her dress touches the right edge of the central wooden plank. For the right, stand on the left side. Idk if I explained that good enough, so I broke it down on the picture (dang, that doodle option on Smash Wii U is so helpful)

For the aerial part:

So there's these metal grate things in the background, stand in the middle of the ones that are closest to the center. Stand in the middle of the left one for the right side of the stage, and vica versa.

I'm not sure if you guys know this, but you can also FW cancel off of the platforms! You'll have to hold diagonally downwards and right/left to do it. I got so many surprise kills in Brawl by doing this loooooool
Ok so for the right side, stand on the right side of the platform so the back of her dress sits on the platform's dividing line.

Do the left side of the platform for the left side:

Though sometimes it seems you might need to be a bit closer to the center of the platform for the left side.

There's this carpet (? at least that's what it looks like) in the background, and for the right side, make sure the front of Zelda's dress touches the border between the red and gold parts of the carpet. Do the exact opposite for the left side (the arrow is pointing where the front of her dress should touch.)

You can also FW cancel off the platform here! There's these yellow parts on the side of the platform and you're going to want to use the second to last one as your guideline. Make sure the back of Zelda's dress is touching where it starts, and teleport diagonally downwards and right for the right side, and diagonally downwards and left for the left side.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ah sorry this took so long for me to do! I came home later than expected. I decided to do Duck Hunt, Kongo Jungle 64, and Halberd.

Stand about a Zeldas length away from the disappearing / reappearing grass (works for both left and right side)

For the left side of the stage, stand so the back of her dress touches the right edge of the central wooden plank. For the right, stand on the left side. Idk if I explained that good enough, so I broke it down on the picture (dang, that doodle option on Smash Wii U is so helpful)

For the aerial part:

So there's these metal grate things in the background, stand in the middle of the ones that are closest to the center. Stand in the middle of the left one for the right side of the stage, and vica versa.

I'm not sure if you guys know this, but you can also FW cancel off of the platforms! You'll have to hold diagonally downwards and right/left to do it. I got so many surprise kills in Brawl by doing this loooooool
Ok so for the right side, stand on the right side of the platform so the back of her dress sits on the platform's dividing line.

Do the left side of the platform for the left side:

Though sometimes it seems you might need to be a bit closer to the center of the platform for the left side.

There's this carpet (? at least that's what it looks like) in the background, and for the right side, make sure the front of Zelda's dress touches the border between the red and gold parts of the carpet. Do the exact opposite for the left side (the arrow is pointing where the front of her dress should touch.)

You can also FW cancel off the platform here! There's these yellow parts on the side of the platform and you're going to want to use the second to last one as your guideline. Make sure the back of Zelda's dress is touching where it starts, and teleport diagonally downwards and right for the right side, and diagonally downwards and left for the left side.

LOL don't worry about the amount of time it takes (In fact you made these incredibly quick.)

These look great! I'm not surprised she could cancel off of the platforms in Halberd, but bonus cookie for adding reference spots for them!

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That sounds great to me! @ Rickster Rickster would you be cool with that?

PS, you don't need to be 'good enough' at Zelda to test edge cancel reference points. ;) You just need to know how to work FW ledge cancelling really.
I would be cool with that. So sorry for the late response, there were some emergencies during the weekend so I haven't been on at all.

Also those pics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-mine, lol.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I sort of realized that I hadn't added the data for three different attacks, (Ledge getup attack, knocked down getup attack, and tripped getup attack.) even though the data was available. So I whipped together the data and will be adding it tomorrow!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok so I've been testing nair as a kill setup and I think it might actually be applicable in an actual match. At like 100% I've been able to do the first few hits of nair into elevator/fsmash/dsmash/dtilt--> up air, etc. With the first hit of nair you can combo into LIGHTNING KICKS which is the flashiest thing in existence (from the center of FD it kills Jiggly at like 75% lol)

I'm pretty sure these are unescapable since nair has soooo little landing lag.
(for what i'm talking about below, assume i'm hitting with the front part of Zelda's nair since it's easier to land)

Since the first hit of nair pops the opponent into the air, it's generally easier to get a lk off that way. On heavy or large chars you can drag them towards the ground with the other hitboxes and generally still be able to fair/bair them. However for floaty tall characters like Peach or Rosa, if you nair them into the ground while they're close to you a fair won't sweetspot on them, and to do bair you have to slightly walk away which gives them enough time to shield. So, I'd just recommend dragging them into the ground and fsmashing or going for the elevator.

edit: on Jiggly every hit seems to drag her slightly in front of you in the air (except the final with knockback obv.) grounded sweetspot dair at 60% to bair/fair might also be a thing

Another interesting thing I've noticed is at 100 or so % the back hit of utilt might combo into the reappearing hit of Farore's if you teleport up, but I'd need to test that some more.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think my favorite thing about utilt is the back hit. It can combo into quite a few things since the end lag is lowish. I've gotten an utilt>uair to combo in training before. Even if it doesn't kill, it's a good damage racker doing 7+15= 27%. Now that I mention it uair in general is a great damage racker, not just a kill move, especially since it can combo from dthrow if they DI wrong. And the damage is good. Props to Nairo for getting that into my head.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I hadn't added them yet, as they didn't seem super high priority.

If you had one(s) in mind you wanted the data for atm, I could probably whip them up and get them out soon.
Nayrus Rejection please because I'm hoping it has something that were missing

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Macchiato Macchiato I've added Nayru's Rejection now! IDK if we're really missing anything though. The move's data seems as equally sad as the move appears.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like how everytime someone sees a broken custom move they're like

"WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?!?!?"

But with Zelda's you need to ask why you would use it over her default specials.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Whoop. I added the data for Farore's Squall! It seemed appropriate considering all of the current interest in the move. :p

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
As requested by @ Macchiato Macchiato , (Though, finished kind of later...) this thread now has the data for Zelda's other inferior Nayru option: Nayru's Passion! :4wiifit:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
That endlag frame data lmao
Yeah smh it's all garbage. :'^)

All of her grabs, as well as Fsmash, Usmash, FAir, and BAir all got more-than-marginal end lag increases. Only one--ONE move got an endlag decrease. (Utilt)

It's truly incredible that Zelda of all [terrible] characters gets all of her normals trampled on when brought over from Brawl.

Though DAir did get out very lucky in the SSB4 transition, there's no denying that.

@Spirst is right when he said she is the devs' running joke of "let's see how bad we can make them."

Last edited:
Top Bottom