• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** the Government, they're at it again!!!!!!!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Link to original post: [drupal=3756]F*ck the Government, they're at it again!!!!!!![/drupal]

God ****it, how the hell are we going to be able to afford health care, and a rise in food prices + take out the rest of our debt and the debt of the country when we are in the middle of a Depression!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?

Check this out: http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html

Google it a bit if you choose.
Basically you can no longer have a farmers market, save seeds and the Department of Homeland Security will be in control of what you grow.

If you can't by food at farmers markets back wood communities like mine are going to struggle because you can no longer go and buy a large amount of food for next to nothing or sell what food you have left over for gas money this year.
Even worse, it means that you are now forced to buy seeds every time you plant. I can guarantee you a mark up on seeds if this happens.
And what is with this **** were Homeland security gets to "regulate" your garden? Does that mean that they can tell me that I can no longer grow potatoes or in those numbers? Can I no longer grow herbs, is that it?
The word "regulate" is to undefined for my liking.
It can fit to many things. It is a political loop hole. -_-

The way I look at it, if I own the land it should be mine to do what I want with it. Now growing things like Marijuana is illegal, so I can understand not growing that, but you get what I mean. If I want to put a pond/lake, forrest, garden, field, house, climbing wall, gun range, mini beach or w/e on it I should have that right.
I can understand some exceptions due to violating other laws such as having a gun range in the suburbs, but you get my point.

What is you alls opinion on this matter?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
When Americans get hospitalized they whine and ***** about no health care.

When they don't, they lobby against it.

More often than not, you don't end up being hospitalized.

Democracy at its best, only the majority is actually neglected.

Paradoxicality is paradoxical. GET AT ME.

Aside of that, your blog makes little to no sense.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Now growing things like Marijuana is illegal, so I can understand not growing that,
Depends where you are.

My father can legally grow marijuana.

:mad088:

As for the rest. America is stupid.

We need to start taxing air, it'd help slim down the population if people can't breathe - and it'd get us out of our national debt because everyone would be forced to pay it to live.

:093:

Landry

Smash Ace
Actually, over the last 5 quarters the government has not only seen a significant increase in the economy return on their investment in the Stimulus Bill, and has created over 3 million local jobs while saving many others. Unfortunately 2/3 of Americans believe we are in a depression due to crooked right wing media outlets and the Tea Party.

saviorslegacy

I believe that we are in a depression because there a bunch of closed buisnesses around here, homeless and poor.
It is only a matter of time until it trickles into the bigger cities. We are so fragile that if one thing goes wrong there will be hell to pay. ie What happens if New York City loses power? How about water? Oh I know, the grocers can't stock near as much food to feed the population.
Now my city deals with all of that, often (minus not stocking for the food... we're just poor). I've spent 3 weeks without power, grown and shot my own food and purified my own water over the course of 3 days.

Also, our country is super in debt. Wealth= your cash and possesions minus your debt.
Throw the populations cash + possesions - their debt + the countries debt. The country would collapse.

lush

Smash Rookie
Actually, over the last 5 quarters the government has not only seen a significant increase in the economy return on their investment in the Stimulus Bill, and has created over 3 million local jobs while saving many others. Unfortunately 2/3 of Americans believe we are in a depression due to crooked right wing media outlets and the Tea Party.
I lol'd.

I find that the people who blame a specific party of our government are the worst. It doesn't matter what party is in power. They are all so corrupt. I love how instead of people realizing this, they just blame the party the don't see eye to eye with... gratz on helping them **** us.

saviorslegacy

It's like professional wrestling. In the ring they are all at each others throats. Outside of the ring they're all friends.

Laem

Smash Champion
I kind of wish for the moment where Big Brother announces it's all-encompassing dominance over every one and thing for all time. **** would be funny

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, **** the government. We should elect people into office who also hate the government so that they can sit there and do nothing.

That's what's right for the country.

saviorslegacy

Why the **** would we elect people who hate Government? Elect people who hate corruption. Have fun figuring that bit out though. lol

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Before you guys all go up on 1984 and Big Brother, take a moment to calm down and read a summary of the legislation itself:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510&tab=summary

The full text is also available, though I'm not sure why you'd want to subject yourself to that.

Section 101 -
...to expand the authority of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to inspect records related to food
Section 102 -
Authorizes the Secretary to suspend the registration of a food facility if the food manufactured, processed, packed, or held by a facility has a reasonable probability of causing serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals.
Section 103 -
Requires each owner, operator, or agent in charge of a food facility to: (1) evaluate the hazards that could affect food; (2) identify and implement preventive controls; (3) monitor the performance of those controls; and (4) maintain records of such monitoring.
Basically, food companies are facing tougher safety standards. They will have to maintain records and establish a stricter system of quality control. All of this must be documented and subjected to routine inspection by the government.

Small businesses can still grow, sell and distribute food, and you can still have your farmers' markets, but they must also have quality control systems in place, and all of it must be on paper.

The biggest deal here is the "system" and the "on paper" part. They won't be able to just randomly inspect their own products and call it safe. They have to set up a protocol and follow it.

Prohibits the operation of a facility that manufactures, processes, packs, or holds food for sale in the United States if the owner, operator, or agent in charge of such facility is not in compliance with this section. Delays implementation of this section for small businesses.
A facility will only be shut down if it is non-compliant, meaning it does not follow the safety standards.

I'm also emphasizing the last part to show that small businesses are getting a break here. There's a delay before the law affects them.

Section 109 -
Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) to report annually on the activities of the Food and Agriculture Government Coordinating Council and the Food and Agriculture Sector Coordinating Council
Meaning, Homeland Security is going to watch the watchers. They will be reporting to Congress on the activities of the government agencies in charge of food and agriculture.

Essentially what it means is that the food companies might now be under regulations that are as strict as what drug companies currently follow.

Though, you're right to a point because, yes, it is probably going to be difficult for a small local grower to become compliant. I hope there is, or will be, an exception made for growers who sell below a certain number, or something else that could make it easier for them.

NNID
Budget_Player
@Nino: Thank you for dispelling my amazingly large fears.
@John: Old tea party (the one that actually stood to the principles it was for instead of just being a bunch of old racist *******s) = god tier. Deregulation is great, and Ron Paul is actually apparently not corrupt. Shame that the current tea party sucks massive ****.

Decae

Smash Rookie
@Budget Player Cadet: "racist", you say? I dislike Obama with a passion as well. Does that mean I'm racist? I believe that the Tea Partiers just don't want the government to spend America away. Also, just because there are a few bad protesters in the crowd, it doesn't mean that everyone is that way.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Wow, can you not feel the bias oozing from that news story? Look at your sources, Jesus Christ. If you're on a website about the natural world do you think you're going to get a fair look into the bill itself? Read the bill itself my gosh.

Also what the **** are you even talking about? New York City losing power? How does this bill have anything to do with that at all? You can't just say you believe this is a depression because there's homeless people. Hate to break it to you, but there's always homeless people, unless you're too ignorant to realize it unless it backs up whatever argument you have about why democrats suck. Turn off Fox News and do some research before you start criticizing the government. Don't believe everything you hear that comes out of some Fox analyst's mouth.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I believe that we are in a depression because there a bunch of closed buisnesses around here, homeless and poor.
It is only a matter of time until it trickles into the bigger cities..
No.

The beauty of capitalism is that small businesses don't really stand a chance during a period of financial crisis (the recession we had), as well as capitalist economic policies screwing small business over in general.

Cities will never suffer, cities are the home of big corporate business, who thrive on boom and bust, and well, benefit hugely from capitalism (obviously).

So like, don't worry, cities will be fine.

Moral of the story is, be a city slicker because smalltown isn't worth **** in a capitalist nation. Survival of the fittest more like BIGGEST get @ me brah

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah well, that was textbook baiting and you know it lol.

Trolling in UB is hard because it's the one thing I'm good at spotting.

:troll:

nah

how can you measure "reliability?"

in terms of bias, msnbc and fox aren't too far apart IMO

but I haven't watched either in awhile so it'd be difficult for me to say

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I read a newspaper called The Independent because apparently it's meant to be free of any sort of political bias...

but I still don't trust it, I guess I just don't trust journalists.

The point is, you should observe the world yourself and make your mind up, which is why honestly, what someone else believes shouldn't concern you, and why you should just focus on making up your own mind about your beliefs.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That doesn't make trolling any harder, babe.
Like you're trying right here?

Cute stuff honey.

God I miss these crazy blogs and the ensuing FFAs.

:D

Top Bottom