• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** the Government, they're at it again!!!!!!!

john!

Smash Hero
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

my favorite part so far was when melo got called questioned on the first page about his blind hatred of the tea party. all he could say was "cute" and then stopped posting LOL. such an intelligent person!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

my favorite part so far was when melo got called questioned on the first page about his blind hatred of the tea party. all he could say was "cute" and then stopped posting LOL. such an intelligent person!
My favorite part is when I remembered that savior makes horrible troll posts and doesn't know jack so I decided not to waste my time. Pretty intelligent decision if you ask me.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, you don't know, maybe he was giving savior a compliment.

The less seriously people take these political discussions the better. It's not like any policymakers are actually going to read these posts and change their ways.

I find that the people who blame a specific party of our government are the worst. It doesn't matter what party is in power. They are all so corrupt. I love how instead of people realizing this, they just blame the party the don't see eye to eye with... gratz on helping them **** us.
The way I read it, he wasn't blaming the Tea Party for the current situation, just the public perception of the current situation. That by itself makes sense because the Tea Party didn't exist until recently and had nothing to do with what lead up to the current situation, but they have been manipulating the public perception to make the current administration look bad. This is because we just had elections, and the goal of any party is to make the other look bad so they can get their foot in the door.

I don't think the problem is corruption either. I think the problem is that when one party is in power, the other actively sabotages their efforts, and this comes at the expense of the rest of society. They are trading long-term benefits for short-term gains.

Two years is probably too short of a timeline for people to realistically expect to see gains from this current administration. But most people don't have a good background to look at politics and economics and understand it; it's one of the failings of the U.S. public education system. So they are open to media manipulation. Whoever controls the discussion controls the framework of the entire debate itself.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
The way I read it, he wasn't blaming the Tea Party for the current situation, just the public perception of the current situation. That by itself makes sense because the Tea Party didn't exist until recently and had nothing to do with what lead up to the current situation, but they have been manipulating the public perception to make the current administration look bad. This is because we just had elections, and the goal of any party is to make the other look bad so they can get their foot in the door.

I don't think the problem is corruption either. I think the problem is that when one party is in power, the other actively sabotages their efforts, and this comes at the expense of the rest of society. They are trading long-term benefits for short-term gains.

Two years is probably too short of a timeline for people to realistically expect to see gains from this current administration. But most people don't have a good background to look at politics and economics and understand it; it's one of the failings of the U.S. public education system. So they are open to media manipulation. Whoever controls the discussion controls the framework of the entire debate itself.
You win.
Discussion over.
Lock the thread.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ fail. the tea party movement began as a response to bush bailouts.
Yes. And it took more than a full presidential term and a half under Bush for things to reach the point at which financial institutes needed bail outs. The reason the Tea Party movement began was because the bail outs were a visible sign of the economic crisis and they were responding to it. But prior to the bail outs, prior to the recession and its outward symptoms, it was the financial policies of that administration that led us to this point.

So when I say that the Tea Party had little to do with creating the situation, that can almost be taken as a vote in their favor. They were just reacting to their circumstances; they weren't responsible for creating the circumstances (unless you want to count negligence under Bush).

And when I say they are recent, that is precisely because they emerged at the tail-end of the Bush administration. Comparing that to the other parties and how long they've been around, the Tea Party is very "recent" on the radar. Furthermore, they were only a small grassroots movement when they first started out, not the organized political party that they eventually became, even though they are still small compared to the two major parties.

Top Bottom