• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GITG Crisis thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
im sorry chris.

I hope the people who almost ruined Chris's life feel terrible. You are all degenerates.

and if anyone responds by saying " lul we were just having fun" or " wtf keith it was a tourney."

then im going to lol
What if I told you to get off your high horse.

This is NC. It's not like the whole scene isn't accustomed to debauchery of various and sundry kinds.

You want to talk about maturity. Chris COULD have had the presence of mind to put some kind of disclaimer in his thread to detract such behavior. He didn't. I'm not so shameless as to say that he brought it upon himself. However, silence itself condones behavior when Chris is supposed to be the one in charge.

Furthermore, All of the charges could have been disputed easily.

It's funny, Chris is upset, but you're the only one pointing fingers.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
oh boy....

well normally, "point fingers" would imply that i stated a name of certain individuals, and blamed it on them.

seeing as though i did not do that.... wait, why am i even responding? lmao

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Crio I love you forever for saying "various and sundry." <333 XD

I'm glad everything worked out Chris, even if you gotta do some gay S.

also

gonsljkg,hfdavb,zjnkvbfg,hjsvvckvbj.jxndjfgl

wtf

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol at how i have to tell NC to not drink in an open, public place with an RA desk 10 feet above our head. lol more at now that zeldarox was doing so in his own thread, people jumped on him.

all of the charges were disputed pretty good. i was in there for an hour and change. the problem was that they knew everything. it's not that i wasn't good enough at talking myself out of it. its that they had the facts, and no matter who was drinking and who acquired alcohol without my knowledge, it fell on me.

The alcohol was in both the RA report and the police report. I usually assume that the law takes precedence in such cases. Why someone would assume that drinking inside a dorm in the very open community area on a college campus is okay is still beyond me.

Crio, you didn't see the venue. literally the first thing you see when you walk into the building is a desk where 2 RA's sit all night. As much as i understand your views on the subject, it was unintelligent to bring alcohol into such a venue.

If i had been thrown out of the dorm like they could have done, a real crisis would've occurred.

A real. Crisis.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
uhhh im sure kevin/ twitch/ etc . were not smoking and drinking in a dorm that they cleeearly could get in trouble for.
lol, i think it's funny that me and kevin are the only guys that you can say for sure that were not drinking.

was smith drinking? maaayyybbbeeeeee...

on another note, wow i can't wait for my college days when i can't have any fun. yeeeee

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wow chris. I just now saw this thread and read the whole thing. First and foremost, I'm glad that you didn't get in any major trouble for this. Hell when I was in the dorms I was on like double probation one year LOL. It's all good buddy. You the man.

Now, let me hit you all with some knowledge. And I'm dead serious. Aznseal and ashley had the best advice here. DENY EVERYTHING. DENY EVERYTHING. Unless you know that you've been caught on camera, deny it. This goes for all things in life aside from stuff involving your wife or God if you happen to be religious our spiritual. Play dumb on anything the 5-0 (or whoever) doesn't know about. And do your homework. By this I mean know what you're getting into and know the truth about the situation (crio did this best here). Think hard about what the people trying to bust you want to hear. Think about what they are looking for. Think about what a nervous liar would say and avoid it. Be calm and make sure you know the truth. Think about what they must know and what they can't possibly know. Do your best to try to prepare foyer the worst and expect the unexpected. I'm sure you'll be much more prepared next time (if there us one). Although in ways I'm glad I wasn't there (I'm 26 lol... they would hang me), it sucks I missed the epicness if this tourney.

I miss you guys.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i denied everything until i found out they knew everything.

then i just looked like a lying idiot and got in more trouble for it.

If they didn't know everything, then denying everything woulda been awesome though.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol, i think it's funny that me and kevin are the only guys that you can say for sure that were not drinking.

on another note, wow i can't wait for my college days when i can't have any fun. yeeeee
yea u 2 were the only ones i could think of BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ACE....we miss you...<3

btw jim hasn't forgotten you either, he uses your tag all the time.

eff danny mexico.
I love this post and I love you buddy. Can't wait to smash with you.

Jim keep up the great work with ganon and being a pimp in general, we gotta chill sometime soon.

Chris, I'm sure you did your best given the circumstances. I wasn't trying to educate you, just sharing advice I KNOW Is good for everyone here. I never get caught, and well... you guys know me ;)

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell

I don't drink.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Well, it's good to see that you didn't get kicked out, Chris. I guess the school has SOME sense, even though their punishment is still rather ridiculous.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Don't deny things. If the heat is on, just don't say anything. Also, don't say anything when you've done things right, either, for a baseline. I came across this video by the ACLU once about what to do if you get pulled over. Although better titled "How to Get Away with Having Weed in your Car," it was pretty useful.

That sucks, bro. Maybe you should check out apartments for next year. Not to accommodate us, but to deal with BS.

lord karn

Smash Master
Glad you didn't get in trouble, chris. Sucks you have to write some stupid paper that you probably disagree with on principle. It would be interesting if you could subtly insert viewpoints subversive to their's, but rely on their low intellect scores to not perceive it

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
O yeah, I meant to comment on that. They made you write a paper? That is stupid. I had to do that in 5th grade, bro. I'm honestly surprised they have the authority to do that.

What's the deadline? You should set up a wiki page, google doc, or something and have us [GITG attendees] write it for you.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
december 7th.

won't be too hard to whip up. i was kinda surprised that was one of the things they could force too.

i was banking on just probation. the paper is dumb but reasonable, the apology letter is...well frustrating, considering i think i handled the RA's with the utmost respect, even though everyone else didn't, and the 2 hour session on making better decisions is unnecessary but i can sit through that without much issue.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I can't believe people had the nerve to jump on Keith. People, take responsibility for your actions. Admit that what you did was stupid and you jeopardized someone else's future. Honestly, if I was Chris I the next one I hosted (if I hosted) would not be open to those who think its okay to mess with my future. Crio thinks Chris needs to tell people to not drink/smoke in public? LOL personal responsibility? common sense? Sad that you would actually expect him to tell people to not do something so stupid. They should just know not to do it. But to those who were guilty and want to spread the blame....lol! As if gambling was the major issue. Cops/RAs would not have been involved had it not been for the alcohol. And cussing at an RA probably didn't help things either. I swear, if you feel you're mature enough to drink alcohol or make the decision to smoke, then you'd think you'd be mature enough to take responsibility for your own actions.

And, not to call everyone out....but why are people saying stuff along the lines "glad you didn't get in trouble"? I'm pretty sure he's on the **** list. His status with the administration is laughable. The RAs probably are keeping a close eye on him. The next time cops show up he will probably be in serious trouble even if he was only on the fringe. And to add to that, he's on probation. guys, that **** is serious in college. Chris will be tipping on his toes not just for the next semsester, probably his entire college career. He tried to be nice and host a tourney for NC and he got f'd in the a by a few people who now don't want to take responsibility and wish to instead spread the blame. Way to create red herrings guys. Good job. Good job.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
snap have you read the last 2 pages? I can't believe some people had the nerve to put blame on everyone. And for someone to turn on BlackChris just infuriates me. He's the **** victim.

If you can't grow up and take responsibility then I think this conversation is over :(

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Cops/RAs would not have been involved had it not been for the alcohol.
actually, you're completely incorrect.

the cops came because a noise complaint, due to the hype. NOT the alcohol, that just came into play later when the RAs realized people were drinking. so please, shut up, because you weren't here, and you don't know the complete situation.

people need to stop viewing this as black and white. there are shades of gray too.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol at how i have to tell NC to not drink in an open, public place with an RA desk 10 feet above our head. lol more at now that zeldarox was doing so in his own thread, people jumped on him.

all of the charges were disputed pretty good. i was in there for an hour and change. the problem was that they knew everything. it's not that i wasn't good enough at talking myself out of it. its that they had the facts, and no matter who was drinking and who acquired alcohol without my knowledge, it fell on me.

The alcohol was in both the RA report and the police report. I usually assume that the law takes precedence in such cases. Why someone would assume that drinking inside a dorm in the very open community area on a college campus is okay is still beyond me.

Crio, you didn't see the venue. literally the first thing you see when you walk into the building is a desk where 2 RA's sit all night. As much as i understand your views on the subject, it was unintelligent to bring alcohol into such a venue.

If i had been thrown out of the dorm like they could have done, a real crisis would've occurred.

A real. Crisis.
the alcohol made the situation much worse. If it wasn't for people going behind my back and getting alcohol, the police would not have been involved.

Just making sure you guys read this.

Not putting blame on anyone but for future reference, guys please put major emphasis on the rules for no alcohol in the thread or where ever you need to tell people about it.

I'm a little upset at some of the responses in this thread but I won't bother. I'm just happy Chris didn't get expelled or anything.

Yes, feel free to jump on me too for posting my opinion on the subject. :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
actually no ocean, the cops came because of the alcohol. When we were initially told the hour to clean up, if there was no alcohol, we couldve cleaned up and just left. However, the cops arrived so unexpectedlly fast because someone saw alcohol and called them.

trust me, I asked. I was pissed that there was miscontinuity in their statement and times. But that is why.

edit: thanks mike. I shouldve listened to you when dealing with the meeting. I wouldve been better off if I had.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Don't worry about it. I wouldn't have taken any credit even if you fully took my advice either because I never thought I was "right", just that I thought it was best thing to do in that situation given the circumstances but in the end, what ever decision you made would be your decision and no one else. :)

lol Someone cussed out the RA? Wow I guess that can explain the letter you have to write to him/her. :urg:

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I wish people would stop bickering, honestly.

The most we can do is learn from this experience. Even if the people that are having fingers pointed at them fully accept the blame, it isn't going to change a **** thing that happened.

For the record, I am partially to blame since I was drinking from CAm, Dylan and Rhiannon's drinks.

Either way, I'm glad that things didn't turn out worse than they have for Chris.

[edit= @Mike wnleamiofhvuioprwlnhjr8ouih bwahahahahha]

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
And, not to call everyone out....but why are people saying stuff along the lines "glad you didn't get in trouble"? I'm pretty sure he's on the **** list. His status with the administration is laughable. The RAs probably are keeping a close eye on him. The next time cops show yo he will probably be in serious trouble even if he was only on the fringe. And to add to that, he's on probation. guys, that **** is serious in college. Chris will be tipping on his toes not just for the next semsester, probably his entire college career.
Don't let this bother you chris, it's incorrect. Just learn from this and keep cool like you always do. I'm no stranger to residence hall probation lol, and I had a lot of friends that were RA's. Although this incident shouldn't be taken lightly, they probably have a pretty good idea as to what happened and I'm sure they know that you're a mature and intelligent person by now. They probably have bigger fish to fry anyway, our at least they should. You most likely won't be on campus forever anyway.

ZR, I'm sure you have good intentions but you should probably chill out.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Don't let this bother you chris, it's incorrect. Just learn from this and keep cool like you always do. I'm no stranger to residence hall probation lol, and I had a lot of friends that were RA's. Although this incident shouldn't be taken lightly, they probably have a pretty good idea as to what happened and I'm sure they know that you're a mature and intelligent person by now. They probably have bigger fish to fry anyway, our at least they should. You most likely won't be on campus forever anyway.

ZR, I'm sure you have good intentions but you should probably chill out.
This times a thousand.

there are so few optimist in this world left...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom