• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GITG Crisis thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I can't believe people had the nerve to jump on Keith. People, take responsibility for your actions. Admit that what you did was stupid and you jeopardized someone else's future. Honestly, if I was Chris I the next one I hosted (if I hosted) would not be open to those who think its okay to mess with my future. Crio thinks Chris needs to tell people to not drink/smoke in public? LOL personal responsibility? common sense? Sad that you would actually expect him to tell people to not do something so stupid. They should just know not to do it. But to those who were guilty and want to spread the blame....lol! As if gambling was the major issue. Cops/RAs would not have been involved had it not been for the alcohol. And cussing at an RA probably didn't help things either. I swear, if you feel you're mature enough to drink alcohol or make the decision to smoke, then you'd think you'd be mature enough to take responsibility for your own actions.

And, not to call everyone out....but why are people saying stuff along the lines "glad you didn't get in trouble"? I'm pretty sure he's on the **** list. His status with the administration is laughable. The RAs probably are keeping a close eye on him. The next time cops show up he will probably be in serious trouble even if he was only on the fringe. And to add to that, he's on probation. guys, that **** is serious in college. Chris will be tipping on his toes not just for the next semsester, probably his entire college career. He tried to be nice and host a tourney for NC and he got f'd in the a by a few people who now don't want to take responsibility and wish to instead spread the blame. Way to create red herrings guys. Good job. Good job.
Just making sure you guys read this.

Not putting blame on anyone but for future reference, guys please put major emphasis on the rules for no alcohol in the thread or where ever you need to tell people about it.

I'm a little upset at some of the responses in this thread but I won't bother. I'm just happy Chris didn't get expelled or anything.

Yes, feel free to jump on me too for posting my opinion on the subject. :)

lawl it's a natural human response.

when immature people get blamed for something they are clearly at fault for, they get mad and go on the defensive instead of owning up to what they did.

troll 101 bayb. Find emotions, and snap it.

edit: holy dwamacles my avatar *****.

DJRome

Smash Hero
This times a thousand.

there are so few optimist in this world left...
you know. **** it. don't piggyback on statements that other people say and then put your own twist on it.

so crio is saying something to zr and u just come in and try to dispel your blame and twisting what ace is saying. idgaf what the situation is because clearly, you compose those who are to blame. there are those responsible enough to face what they've done instead of trying to blame others, and then there is you.

cam was involved, but he never said anything like,'oh yea, lol rofl whatever, it was just some fun, no big deal'

it's just appalling how ****ing audacious you can be with your statements. rather than apologize for your behavior, which was simply irresponsible (albeit in your most spirited of ways!), you come in with a conceited attitude incredulous that anyone should even question what you do. and you complain about things on top of that.

it's clear that as the situation worsened, you dropped off, but only when you discovered chris would face retribution. well, once that was found 'minimal', you go and yell at zr for saying something quite obviously true.

never do you really apologize (-_-); you miss something very important. crio and aces attitudes are founded in their understanding of how to deal with situations and their maturity with which they can separate the consequences of their behaviors from the wellbeing of others who want no part. but you just bounce around doing whatever the **** u want selfishly

unbelievable

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
wow.

I don't think I've ever seen DJ call someone out.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Heh, If I was at morning rage status while I read this thread, my post would similar to DJ's, but only with more flames. lol

DJRome

Smash Hero
ive been in school all my life to build up for that post. much like how pokemon fight wild ones to prepare for gym leaders

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
ive been in school all my life to build up for that post. much like how pokemon fight wild ones to prepare for gym leaders
lmaooooooo

is that the gamecube game where on the cover it has some black chick with huge bewbz?
Yeah, she's got an afro, too.

It's a good game, but it's easy and graphics aren't all that great, but gameplay makes up for it.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
He also got in trouble for the money, which was the tournament as a whole.
So next time please do not point fingers and blame certain people and read next time. :)

oh also, in before trolling, because that's your favorite cop out.

What if I told you to get off your high horse.

This is NC. It's not like the whole scene isn't accustomed to debauchery of various and sundry kinds.

You want to talk about maturity. Chris COULD have had the presence of mind to put some kind of disclaimer in his thread to detract such behavior. He didn't. I'm not so shameless as to say that he brought it upon himself. However, silence itself condones behavior when Chris is supposed to be the one in charge.

ZR, I'm sure you have good intentions but you should probably chill out.

I'm sorry Ace but statements like that are appalling. They are just so disgusting that I'm not going to keep my mouth shut.

Smith created the red herring of gambling. That wasn't even the serious issue. That just goes to show that cowardly humans when they know they've done wrong will always find a way to spread the blame around, completely ignoring the main source of trouble.

And Crio's statement had me speechless. I didn't even know hwo to respond or interpret it.

It went along the lines of "well I don't actually have the balls to actually call Chris out and make him partly to blame but I'm going to craft my words in a way that indicts him by giving a reason why he's (at least partly) at fault."

Putting some sort of disclaimer to not do illegal stuff 10 ft away from authority figures lol.

And the part about silence, I'm sure a TO had so much stuff going on he couldn't search out the alcohol. Chris already said they went behind his back and did it.

So Ace this is who my comments were directed at (for the most part). Sorry I'm not going to chill out when someone tries to spread blame around or when someone has the nerve to blame the victim.

And the part about his status with the university......I was not exaggerating at all about that. I have a friend who is now a junior who was put on probation freshmen year. He is still having trouble with the university to this day because of incidents from 2 years ago. What he can get away with is a lot less than anyone else can.

Sorry to rant. I'm done.

and props to DJ. If smashboards had a "like" button, I would so like that comment.

In fact I'm planning on copying and pasting it to my status just so I can "like" it. :)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
That just goes to show that cowardly humans when they know they've done wrong will always find a way to spread the blame around, completely ignoring the main source of trouble.
wow, you really need to be quiet. smith did not do anything at this tournament, other than hype, which pretty much everyone there was doing. YOU need to stop blaming people, when you obviously do not know who was involved.

And the part about his status with the university......I was not exaggerating at all about that. I have a friend who is now a junior who was put on probation freshmen year. He is still having trouble with the university to this day because of incidents from 2 years ago. What he can get away with is a lot less than anyone else can.
I'm pretty sure that chris has been on the dean's list every semester he's been at UNCG (chris, if this is wrong, feel free to correct me, I just recall you saying this at some point). chris is a good student. I'm pretty sure this is chris's first offense. just because you had a friend who got put on probation and was still dealing with it, does not mean that chris will. please, stop being so black and white about everything, and realize that there are more variables in this then him just going on probation.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Ocean you are not helping man, if anything, you are making yourself look bad. This is not a lash at you, so don't go on the defensive. I'm just asking that you stop.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
mike isn't helping much either, by blaming people that were not involved.

as if you are one to lecture about making yourself look bad.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Smith created the red herring of gambling. That wasn't even the serious issue. That just goes to show that cowardly humans when they know they've done wrong will always find a way to spread the blame around, completely ignoring the main source of trouble.
ARGH.

It's not a red herring you ****ing idiot.

First off, quit trying to use a rhetorical device to feebly attempt to explain a situation you're clearly misinformed about.

There needs to be preclusion of awareness for a red herring to make sense. Chris wasn't led astray, neither was Snap, or Smith.

I don't need to dispute the rest of your scatterbrained response. You do a good enough job of destroying your own logical basis.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
mike isn't helping much either, by blaming people that were not involved.

as if you are one to lecture about making yourself look bad.
yes i understand that, but he is out getting craig, so i could not really say anything to him, but i knew you were still in this thread that is why i only said you.

basically Dj murdered this thread and said what needed to be said.

sorry i could not put it in such a beautiful form like that.

this thread should be closed now. As long as Chris feels those responsible gave a sincere enough apology

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Ocean, I thought smith was the person who cussed out the RA?(that's what read earlier in this thread)

Either way Smith is <3 but stop beasting! LOL

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I agree, this thread should be closed.

chris, I'm sorry that a innocent tournament turned to such hell. you did a good job hosting, and handling everything, given the situation.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Frankly. I lay awake at night wishing I could force myself to give a **** what most of you think of me.

Then I remember how much better I am than you.
Stop point fingers, chill the **** out. And just let it go. For ****s sake everyone just shut up
And if any of you have the nerve to call me any of the names to my face that you've called me behind my back when your not hiding behind a keyboard. Get at me.

Everyone in this thread has been Pety and pathetic. If this post pisses you off. Good, that's wha I was shooting for.

Next person to call my girlfriend a ***** (you know who you are) will regret it

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I meant to say almost everyone. There are people in this thread being adults. (chris, Crio etc)

But yeah North Carolina really let me down in this thread....

I'm so full of myself

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So Ace this is who my comments were directed at (for the most part). Sorry I'm not going to chill out when someone tries to spread blame around or when someone has the nerve to blame the victim.

No, you ARE going to chill out. The blame game is essentially never the best game to play when going about matters like this, and I understand that. The best thing to do is to learn from this (arguably, that is what life is about; learning from mistakes). And I don't know what kind if incident your friend was involved in, but if he is still paying the consequences 2 years later it was probably more severe than what happened at GITG. If not, than he should have just moved off campus if it was that big if a deal (unless you are talking about academic probation). My thoughts on this subject do not originate from blind optimism, this I can assure you. What you need to realize is that after everything is said and done, lashing out at people seldom leads to favorable results.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I didn't curse out the RA, the RA was the eye brow less girl, I cursed out another girl telling us to shoo.

EDIT: Keith, you told Ocean to let it go, but I haven't seen you make a **** post worth reading in this entire thread.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I didn't curse out the RA, the RA was the eye brow less girl, I cursed out another girl telling us to shoo.

EDIT: Keith, you told Ocean to let it go, but I haven't seen you make a **** post worth reading in this entire thread.

irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom