• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Human garbage that is Rosalina mains.
Uh...
image.jpg

Anyway, check out the Small Step Forward Smash, you can now do it out of any run, while before it would always result in a DA(at least everytime I tried it.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm going to upload a late night FG match I had vs. a good Sonic, gonna be looking for critiques as that is arguably my personal worst MU right up there with D3. Would've posted this in the vid thread but there's no vid yet and I was the last post, and I try not to double post.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Got second in a small tournament today, lost to my brother's Sheik.

I'll be attending another big tournament August 15th, keep in touch.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I placed 9th out of 33 in a local today, won all my matches as Ganon. I played a Yoshi, Falcon, Pikachu, and Diddy. I lost my last match to a technical error. I was sent to losers in a MM vs Doc game vs Socal's top MM.

Sorta disappointed but at the same time...not bad for my 2nd Smash 4 tourney irl.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I placed 9th out of 33 in a local today, won all my matches as Ganon. I played a Yoshi, Falcon, Pikachu, and Diddy. I lost my last match to a technical error. I was sent to losers in a MM vs Doc game vs Socal's top MM.

Sorta disappointed but at the same time...not bad for my 2nd Smash 4 tourney irl.
I just got 4th place out of 12 at my local. I'm frustrated that I consistently place like 4th or 5th every tourney when top 3 get the prize money. I went Ganon every match except one game vs. the guy who won it when I played Fox, and I was dead even with him before SD'ing even though I've only been practicing Fox for a couple of weeks. Sometimes I wonder why bother playing Ganon when you can do just as well or better by picking Fox, jumping around until your opponent commits to something, then DA -> whatever you want because Fox(or something similar with another high tier).

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I just got 4th place out of 12 at my local. I'm frustrated that I consistently place like 4th or 5th every tourney when top 3 get the prize money. I went Ganon every match except one game vs. the guy who won it when I played Fox, and I was dead even with him before SD'ing even though I've only been practicing Fox for a couple of weeks. Sometimes I wonder why bother playing Ganon when you can do just as well or better by picking Fox, jumping around until your opponent commits to something, then DA -> whatever you want because Fox(or something similar with another high tier).
Don't be thinking like that soldier!
Think about it this way. Nearly anyone can win with Fox, but only us select few can win with Ganondorf. Ganondorf still has that extreme percent per hit ratio. You just need to be patient, and you will be rewarded.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
The reason to pick Ganon over Fox is simple: Ganon hasn't cold.
Also he doesn't take UThrown>Jab for ~40% damage, and hasn't to rely on a single move to edgeguard because the others let him fall like an anvil.

Last edited:

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
I did some frame data calculating yesterday and came up with some interesting things in the Sheik MU. Firstly, Sheiks F-tilt can be punished with Jab, D-tilt and F-tilt if she decides to go for another F-tilt (we win with about 3 frames), this isn't super hard to do thanks to buffering. This is tested and confirmed.

Also, when Sheik lands with a F-air on our shields and doesn't AA, I theorize we have time to grab her before she can use her frame 2 jab (if she spaced poorly), if my calculations are correct, we win with 1 frame. This is not tested.

I apologize if this is already known, given that the King of Darkness is all knowing.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've got similar concerns when picking Ganon over someone else though in my case it's him vs 5 others rather than 1 or 2. Kirby, MK and R.O.B. are pretty much my bread and butter for any mu. R.O.B. has camp/defense, MK has speed and Kirby mostly has crouch but also his small size and weight which makes him less comboable. D3 is if I just need to survive (pretty much if my character doesn't matter and I'm simply outskilled by my opponent as a player) and Ike has long range. Compared tot those 5...Ganon really doesn't have much. He does more damage but that's about it. It's no big deal to me at the moment anyways since I can't attend tournaments but if I ever get the ability to I don't see much reason to use Ganon...maybe in a customs on tournament but those don't sound appealing to me. He's at least still fun to play as!...even if he is missing a lot of stuff I loved about him from Brawl.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm still maining Ganon BTW. I was just a bit salty last night. It is generally good to have a high tier pocket to cover annoying MUs though.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Uh, I hardly ever used a character outside my two mains and my secondary unless I am going to complete a challange, so it's not like pose myself the problem, it just happens that Ganon fits perfectly how I play, while others don't, despite him having few things better than them, that's the butterfly effect.
Let me explain it better:
Ganon has been designed as a character that is based on a game of the mind rather than else.
His damage-per-hit, his menacing advantaged state and and even his animations are well known across the web, and in fact he is a prime choice for For Glory videos.
This is well known in the mind of the opponent, and acts exactly like it was Fou Supuporuku, hitting the sub-conscious and giving orders of "don't overcommit" and "don't do unsafe things". That's why even in For Glory people are aware of Ganon, their mind translates what I wrote above in rolling from one side to the other of the stage most of the time.
A mind in this state constantly puts effort into the afermentioned orders, this gives high unstability, and every projectile powershielded, every combo taken or any rage added adds more and more pressure to the mind, that's why, when Ganon uses the "surprise ************", not only it has the classical effects (slower reaction time, from 12 frames to 30 and panic reaction), it also adds the final hit to the pressure and shatters the opponent's mind, and that's why they have trouble dodging an UTilt despite it being like frame ~81, assumed that they don't lose a stock in the process, everything becomes dangerous from Ganon, that's why spaced and timed UTilts on the ledge always have as response either a timed get-up or a ledge jump, and they try to punish it more times than not.
Being able to become esponentially more dangerous with the flow of the match is something that no other character is able to do, and I also thought that any Ganon user already knew it, and for this same reason Sheik and Rosa match-ups are what they are, because they can just throw safe attacks around and is Ganon the one to watch out to not overcommit.
Hope to have been clear.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Ganons. I'm Unknown Hero. Thought I would stick my head in just to see whats up. And so since @ Lozjam Lozjam has been really nice to me in the link thread, thought I would say hi.

So, hello :)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
GGs @ Koskinator Koskinator you cover options well. Shame we had those lag spikes but otherwise it was pretty good. Hope to play you in the tourney too, think it could go either way honestly.

Also beat Poyo's Luigi 2-1 on Anthers, he said he wasn't playing well but I'm honestly still happy with my win lol. I started Anthers summer dall ladder today and made Gold, only dropping two sets, One to this Mac(I suck vs. a good Mac tbh, they keep up the offensive and don't leave openings smh.) and one to a guy who pmed me saying he's beaten all the best dorfs on the site after my poyo set(He was good but I think if I were more patient I could've had it, was a Falcon main.). Already higher than I ever was in spring lol, I think I'm making good progress.

EDIT:
https://www.smashladder.com/rankings/sm4sh-wii-u/16/wii-u-summer-fall-2015/1/character/Ganondorf

Apparently I'm ranked first for dorf.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who often uses Ganon's Up B (Dark Dive) and get lots of KOs from the uppercut on the end?

Usually, if I use Up Throw, Down Air on ground, or any other move that sends the opponent high up, I jump after them for a follow up. When they see this, most people use their second jump as soon as they're out of the hitstun to avoid it, and everytime I know the player does this, I use my Up B when they use their second jump, and I can tell you, I've gotten LOTS of early KOS with that final uppercut on the top blast zone. I've gotten KOs on them on aroudn 70%. Even though it's risky to use, I feel the uppercut on it still is underrated. I use it a lot and find it very good. The grab itself, however - buff the heck out of that thing!

EDIT: Maybe this was the wrong place to put it. I should have posted it in the Ganon's Book of Sinister thread.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah really ggs @ Koskinator Koskinator , you time smashes too well I have never ran into many so many of them lol. I think you're gonna beat me if we face off tbh.

Man I hate the uncertainty of the mirror though, each player has to be really on it since every mistake could be fatal, amazing and horrible lol.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
It's np at all, I just hope to make it to him lol.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Just won a local tournament with a couple of the PR members in attendance. Except for two matches I went Luigi, all Ganondorf.

1st out of 32
http://challonge.com/TGZ_Smash4_Singles

I had a lot of sloppy moments, but I'm pretty proud that I just played very straight forward and got the job done with the original dark lord. Hope to keep placing for all my Ganon homies in here :)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Ganons, question. What do you guys normal do when you are not trying to steal the triforce and rule all of hyrule?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Swoops man
We gotta play again
Swoops man
Say his name again
Swoops man swoops man he da truth man
Aint no one duz it like swoops can

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Kosky-o, oh kosky-o
I'm no good at verses, though
Kosky-o, oh kosky-o
When you wanna versus, yo?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Need to get back into Ganon mode for this tournament. I haven't played Smash in what feels like weeks...

You ever eat some food while sick and then lose your appetite for it long afterwards? Ever since I went to that tournament after surgery, I just haven't been feeling it, haha. Hoping this tourney ignites that evil spark.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Just a quick question for all of you. If Flame Choke were changed, which one would you prefer?
  1. Flame Choke is untechable, but doesn't have any guaranteed followups.
  2. Flame Choke is techable, but F-tilt and D-tilt are guaranteed on every character on a missed tech.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
With option 1 can I still go for more chokes? If not, then I choose option 2.

Side note: I'll never get tired of Kalm sending that Fox into the dark abyss with the choke read of the ages. Brings a tear to my eye each time I watch it.

Top Bottom