• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna cry for buffs already after the last patch, which was pretty nice for Ganon, but looking at DK's new Cargo Uthrow,
I can't help but to desire less lag after our Dthrow so that Dthrow > BDC Fullhop Fair becomes universal, and even easier to land on the characters it already does work on.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I still struggle a lot with the Robin MU, i'm not sure if it's because of wifi but it's really hard getting in on him if he camps & even if we do Levin sword is a pain in the ass to deal with.

@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm said it's dead even (prepatch though), do you have any general tips for the MU?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I still struggle a lot with the Robin MU, i'm not sure if it's because of wifi but it's really hard getting in on him if he camps & even if we do Levin sword is a pain in the *** to deal with.

@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm said it's dead even (prepatch though), do you have any general tips for the MU?
AVOID ARCFIRE AT ALL COSTS. That move is a pain in the *** and sets up many of his combos. Also, Robin is slower then Ganon(yes, that's correct. I tested it), so use it to your advantage. He's pretty light too.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
@ Swoops Swoops

Anytime that you're ready for my curses bro
You'll be surrounded by about 5 nurses yo
Tellin you the mental damage is irreversible

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I played Dath a lot, before that I had lots of issues in the mu. I'd contact Dath_ly on twitter, really valuable matches. I'd write up a mini summary but it's late, if I do so I'll likely do it on twitter as that is much more accessible.

Also agreed on the ganon mode thing, if he isn't used like 90% of the time everyday he noticeably gets worse, for me anyway. I finally got the rest of the character dlc so I haven't touched dorf much at all lol, I figured I have time since I'm not first in our tourney.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Good luck to @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm today! Please destroy many unfortunate souls as Ganondorf.

I also have a tournament today going down. :D

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Good to see you doing so well Kalm :D

I did pretty crappy at my tournament. I feel like I have a lot of energy problems at tournaments. By the end of doubles I already feel mentally depleted, and then I start making critical mistakes in match ups where I need to have a good deal of patience and mental fortitude. Enter a back to back ROB and Rosie match up. Blegh.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nice job putting in work, Kalm.

Just so everyone knows, I'm still around. Some semi-serious issues've arisen recently, and my presence both in-game and on the boards has dwindled to just checking in a couple times daily to make sure nothing's happening that shouldn't be. Hopefully everything'll be resolved in short order so I can start posting more again and actually playing.

Case anyone made note of my silence. I'm still ever present. :p

Last edited:

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Well, it's been a while since I was on here.
I threw my latest tournament since all the setups except for the PM one I brought were being used for tournament and I wanted to play some form of Smash.
Never again.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Forgot to say but really ggs @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , I noticed you using some new stuff like Dark Dive and Uthrow which was cool. Your edge guarding is great, I usually guard similarly but against someone well aware of dorf's edge guarding I found it difficult. I truly feel mirrors is where I do not shine at all though, at least at higher levels. I think I'm too reckless in the mirrors or something; I'm sure you noticed after losing the majority of our mirrors I just switched through characters like Ike and Zard because I knew I'd do better lol. It's kinda cool, both you and @ adom4 adom4 are both using DD and Uthrow now, makes me ha[[y tbh as I see them as valuable tools used well. And like when I play adom, he wins the majority; at this point I've entered our tourney here for fun rather than to come out on top lol. Also wanna say your offense has gotten noticeably better, you push your advantage really well a2 and play patiently. I just don't have it in me to be patient, I can't camp in any sense of the word an only know how to react in aggressive positions. I think that's where I need the most work, really, as if I have the advantage and don't need to approach I really shouldn't.

Also I haven't had Ryu very long, otherwise I would've been more open to mirror lol. You have one of the best Ryus I've fought, although admittedly that's not too many as far as competent ones go.

@Badada Curious if this is the Badada I fought on wifi, if so GGs! You're Shulk was really great, if I didn't have the exp I'd have gotten massacred definitely. Your Lucina is easily the best I've fought, and potentially your Ryu as well. I was pretty off that day so I'd definitely be up for more games another day, I only really go on FG to get back in the swing of things(Yet I run into all these great players lol.). Apologize for the taunt btw, I was kinda salted from a previous game with someone and hopped on fg right after which I probably shouldn't have. I mean it doesn't bother everyone, but in the event it did figured I'd apologize.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well my Ryu is actually pretty bad, but I figured you were learning the character so I'd show you some of the things I'm aware he can do. He's super technically intensive, something I traditionally shy away from. Regardless he's a very fun and interesting character. Not happy I missed D-tilt -> SRK opportunities when I had them.

I still have a lot of matchups to learn for tournaments, so I appreciate you switching it up too.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Oh yeah I read up on him, I read up on everyone I take an interest in, I just don't like SF mechanics in Smash as i do a lot of quarter circles lol. I haven't fought many competent Ryu so yours stands out to me, and you've really gotten solid as a player regardless of your familiarity with Ryu. Really fundamentally solid, more than me tbh. Also I like mixing it up now and then, I'd actually love to just avoid the mirror but I'm always looking for new ways to expand my gameplay with dorf and fighting other dorfs really helps with that. Makes me happy when I see others implement my ideas too, I feel like I come up with a lot but so many or so minimal in how much they help lol, I honestly just love to lab or think up new strats. I can usually play quite a few characters fairly well and would definitely be up for mixing it up even more with like Robin, GnW, and Greninja. It's kinda messed up though that I can jump in with Sheik and do better than my Ganon without a proper warm up though, I need to not be so reliant on warming up. I also gotta stop being so critical of my gameplay lol.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
That reminds me, could I be added to the skype chat? Skype ID is bob.jones3989, picture is a duck.

Also if the current reigning king of smash 4 lost to Ganon, the smash 4 community would implode, then all switch to Ganon and flood the world with darkness. It would be glorious.

Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Ganondorf. Hope you enjoy!

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
That reminds me, could I be added to the skype chat? Skype ID is bob.jones3989, picture is a duck.

Also if the current reigning king of smash 4 lost to Ganon, the smash 4 community would implode, then all switch to Ganon and flood the world with darkness. It would be glorious.
I sent you a request

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Stream sizeable tournament all day today.

Stream: likely This.

The stream will be very high definition, so tune in!

Top Bottom