• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Took 3rd/34 at OmegaCon yesterday. The quality of competition wasn't all that great tbh, as most of the people were either casuals or people from locals, but I got $66 out of it so I can't really complain. Went all Ganon except for a throwaway last match.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Above all else, play patient. Sheik is not going to kill you quickly so you've got plenty of time to feel out the player. You're rarely going to die below 150% even against good Sheiks. With that said, you're mostly going to spend the match getting batted around, with only a few openings for you to do anything. You've got to make those openings count. With rage Sheik will be dying to smashes at 60%, which is about two strings worth of damage, so you don't need to hit her a lot.

One quick pointer: be very careful about using your DJ. Sheik can carry you offstage easily, and if you lost your DJ you will be gimped.

Overall it's a terrible, stupid, and annoying matchup, but if you play smarter than the other person you'll win.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sooooo, anybody figure out how to beat Sheik yet? I'm gonna need some pro tips if I'm going to get past this giant hurdle, lol.
Beg Daddy Sakurai for Ganon buffs/Sheik nerfs. Otherwise go with what Blob said. You can't really beat the character, so you'll have to find a way to beat the player.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Pretty much what Blob said.

Always conserve your DJ when possible, don't get gimped.

DI F-Airs up

Trades are your friend.

Zam053

Smash Cadet
Errr... Can I be added to the Skype group? I don't know a lot about Ganon, but I can try to talk with the people.

My skype is zam0531 and my picture is a Zero Suit Wario.

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
Hello fellow dorfs. have we ever considered moving the skype group to discord ? I feel it's better in every way. Just an idea tho

in other news i have a tourney next month. Will be a hard thing since it's not a regular ruleset tourney. Basically it's 1 game single elimination 'till grand finals which will be bo3. I think stages will be random between fd smashville and bf. I don't think this will be a good ruleset for ganondorf but we shall rule all kingdoms .

I've been having a really hard time against yoshi but i think this is just me

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hello fellow dorfs. have we ever considered moving the skype group to discord ? I feel it's better in every way. Just an idea tho

in other news i have a tourney next month. Will be a hard thing since it's not a regular ruleset tourney. Basically it's 1 game single elimination 'till grand finals which will be bo3. I think stages will be random between fd smashville and bf. I don't think this will be a good ruleset for ganondorf but we shall rule all kingdoms .

I've been having a really hard time against yoshi but i think this is just me
Yoshi is hard generally speaking until you just realize he has exceptionally bad spacing tools and extremely limited ways to end stocks.

In general, the more accurately you space, the more likely you will beat Yoshi because he can't really contest good spacing directly. Be really comfortable with the ranges on all your aerials, especially N-air and B-air, and be ready to punish crossovers on shield. Shield is general really strong against him, and if you sense that he wants to go for Down-B, it's not too hard to punish by rolling back or spotdodging.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
In regard to Sheik, just seconding what's been said about making small things count. Sheik has far too many escape options like bouncing fish for us to really capitalize on anything seriously. Sort of like Falco in Brawl, it's not always a bad idea to go for yolo Fsmashes in anticipation of approaches or recoveries, since you'll get more mileage outta that than out of connecting with smaller hits if the Sheik knows how to abuse her evasive options.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Hi guys, I've used Ganondorf ever since Brawl came out and I'm kind of new to the Ganondorf boards. Anyways with the upcoming dlc stage does anyone else believe the king will get any buffs? or do you think there will be a patch at all?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
You know what I'd love? If we of the Ganondorf boards could all get together and do 8 player Ganondorf mosh pits. That would be insane.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996

Clearly he is a match for the king of evil.

Plus, we have photographic evidence that he did defeat Ganon and steal the Triforce of Power.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
That's amazing. Where'd you find it?
I just typed in Hyrule Captain beats Ganon because I knew about it since I hung around the Hyrule Warriors board on Lamefaqs and lots of people found fanart and posted it up. This was one of em.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hi guys, I've used Ganondorf ever since Brawl came out and I'm kind of new to the Ganondorf boards. Anyways with the upcoming dlc stage does anyone else believe the king will get any buffs? or do you think there will be a patch at all?
I honestly don't think he'll get anything worthwhile. Every buff he's received so fair aside from minor landing lag reduction's been pretty random and marginal.

Twewy

Smash Lord
It's been four hours and I'm still surprised my local Walmart had more than one Ganon amiibo.

Not that I'm complaining.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Gentlemen.

Just a heads up, if anyone ever comes to the boards and makes a "Ganondorf should have these moves and be less like Captain Falcon" thread, please try to not alienate them or be dismissive. Yeah, it's annoying for those of us who've had to see the same thread ad nauseum, but the people who make them seem to genuinely care about the topic, and I don't think it's fair to undermine them.

Not to mention, if I were them, I wouldn't know where else to put such a topic. It's kind of a broad discussion, so technically, those making threads about it aren't doing anything wrong. So, work with me, fellas. If you see those threads, direct the person to where they need to go. I'd rather have repeat threads than have board members feel alienated because their interest isn't hardlined with competition.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I just got back from a tournament, and to say I'm disappointed in myself would be a dramatic understatement. It was certainly the most difficult bracket I've had yet: due to fewer-than-average turnout but with all our PR players in attendance, I started fighting our PR players round 3 up 'til the end.

The reason I'm disappointed, though, is because I was one game away from 1st. I beat our Sheik/ZSS, Kimidori in winners, then Zerxion, our Mewtwo, but was sent to losers by Shiny, our Lucario. I beat Kimidori again in losers 3-2, beat Shiny, resetting the bracket, and went all the way to game 10 in grand finals. I'll have vids up soon. For reference, Shiny's the Lucario who recently fought Zero at Pax and actually took a game off of him, if anyone saw that.

It's not that I'm entirely displeased. Just that I came that far to barely let 1st slip. I'll get 1st next time, but I'll be damned if I wasn't sure I'd get it this time. :p

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
No one uses them and I don't blame ya but Wizard's Assault and Dark Vault can be pretty fun.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
So guys, i'll be joining the recovering ganon's list with the news thatt I've just left hospital after being viciously attacked in a dark alley.

Multiple gashes in my head, possible fractured skull and concussion or worse.

So i'll be failing for a day or week most likely for those who actively play against me

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So guys, i'll be joining the recovering ganon's list with the news thatt I've just left hospital after being viciously attacked in a dark alley.

Multiple gashes in my head, possible fractured skull and concussion or worse.

So i'll be failing for a day or week most likely for those who actively play against me
Oh no! Good to hear you're still in one piece though. Take some rest and recovery time Syk. You deserve it. We can't wait to have you back.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So I've been working on this Gungnir style string that'd only work on d3 and dk. Only way out of it done right should be a rising airdodge afaik(no test partner just guessing) and teching the dairs involved. I feel like it is kinda impractical though so I'm including it in a video series about impractical strings with interesting ideas.

I had the replay all ready before the update lol, was without internet though and it wouldn't let me upload old replays despite not updating yet which was lame.

EDIT: Holy **** Sykka I'm real sorry to hear that, all I can say is I'm glad you're still alive and that I hope you recover well.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Nice Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm impression.

But seriously, that was delicious to watch.
It's funny you mention that, I have recently started using Wizkick cancels into ganoncides and I learned that rom him lol. I see a lot of things I'd like to add into my game when playing everyone but get lazy about incorporating it.

Anyway thanks man, I reentered this next one with a kinda funny dk string of reads.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Out of Ganondorf's kit, which move of his would you say is your favorite (including customs)?

Mine would have to be D Tilt. It's a quick poke that has great range, does decent damage, and pops the opponent up at a great angle for followups/reads. Plus it can be used as a kill move in a pinch.

Top Bottom