• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

The Gallows

Smash Rookie
NNID
RESET_Imp
While Sheik is incredibly strong, the ratio of frauds to non frauds is interesting.

I played a Sheik in a set, and I thought he was insane at a glance but he was just tunnel visioning his offense. Eventually started running into all sorts of nasty hitboxes and dying very quickly. DAS BOOT.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
I swear, any time anyone says Das Boot, I cannot hear anything but the player. I would love to get him on here, but he thinks Smashboards is a joke. :c

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
If you haven't yet, I really recommend you try out X3X2 Ganondorf. Flame Chain and Wizard's Dropkick work really well together and make Ganondorf into a techchasing and edgeguarding monster. Whether or not it's better competitively is debatable, but it's a neat little alternate playstyle.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Placed 4th, just above M2k and below Ally. Poke got second, V115 got first.

Could still do better.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If you haven't yet, I really recommend you try out X3X2 Ganondorf. Flame Chain and Wizard's Dropkick work really well together and make Ganondorf into a techchasing and edgeguarding monster. Whether or not it's better competitively is debatable, but it's a neat little alternate playstyle.
Down Throw > WDK > Flame Chain can do some nice 30% damage.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed

Could still do better.
Great job, Ray! I notice you net a lot of stocks with Fair, but I find I get punished pretty often when I use it due to the end lag (high risk / high reward) and have been avoiding it lately, any tips? Also, about the Luigi matches, I noticed you were really cautious about challenging his recovery or trumping compared to your other matches. Does his up special have priority over Ganondorf's aerials? Thanks!

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

Could still do better.
You did good man, the entire chat was so perplexed that a Ganon made it that far, it's like you were disturbing the natural order or something.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Hai. I think Ganon is underrated. Some People think he is slow. I sometimes get bored in FG and play characters I dont usually... I tried Ganon. I don't like him enough to main him but I use him every so often. I have played as him at a faster pace. But, FG so, I am no "Ganon".

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Looking to see if there's anyone here that might know the Dorf I had great dittos with yesterday. Wii U name is "DeLaQui/Fry"

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know, I'm probably going to end up making M2 a secondary and replacing his main position with Ganondorf, because 'Dorf and I seem to click a lot better than I did with Mewtwo. He's just so much more appealing to my playstyle and I love stomping people into oblivion and going to town on them, racking like 30% in three hits. It's such a goddamn good feeling to have, and people fear you. They fear your power and resort to trying to camp you out and keep you off the ground before you can get over to them and layeth the smackdown on their candy asses, stomping them into destruction and showing no respect for them.

That is Ganondorf's greatest strength; the fear using him puts into the opponent, the fear that if they so much as mess up one time, they'll be up by a huge amount of percent. The fear of Ganondorf's power. It's like choosing Ganondorf itself is a mindgame upon the opponent, because that instils fear into them, and makes them worry about the destructive punishes Ganon has to inflict upon them.

If Bowser hits like a truck, Ganondorf...Ganondorf hits like a goddamn freight train. And honestly, Ganondorf is awesome just as he is. Hell, even getting him off-stage is risky, because he could just grab you and kill you with his Side-B on the last stock and he'd win for it. :p

The only reason Ganon's so sluggish is because he kind of has to be for balance; if he had Falcon's speed, he'd be damn sure S-tier material for his raw power.

And that is what I love about him.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
So what's the most hype thing you've ever done in a Smash game? I recently did a Falcon ditto on FG and won the match by dairing right in front of an offstage Raptor Boost. 'twas byootiful.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So what's the most hype thing you've ever done in a Smash game? I recently did a Falcon ditto on FG and won the match by dairing right in front of an offstage Raptor Boost. 'twas byootiful.
The most hype thing I've done in Smash 4 is a double dunk D-aiir, really. And obviously Ganonciding for the win is always hype as hell, no matter what. :p

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Landing an aerial reverse warlock punch in teams on FG for a double kill while my teammate distracted them

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm picking up a top/high tier, I cannot deal with some of these MUs and dislike having to put in more wok vs. characters like Luigi and Ness. Always gonna use dorf, but will likely not remain a solo dorf main.

EDIT: I have gone for style over victory many times lol, a lot of my stuff is on my channel and I'm too lazy to link direct links especially when it's at the top of my uploads lol.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm picking up a top/high tier, I cannot deal with some of these MUs and dislike having to put in more wok vs. characters like Luigi and Ness. Always gonna use dorf, but will likely not remain a solo dorf main.

EDIT: I have gone for style over victory many times lol, a lot of my stuff is on my channel and I'm too lazy to link direct links especially when it's at the top of my uploads lol.
Despite being too stubborn myself to change my ways, I can't say I entirely blame you, Opa. There're certain characters that, when they know the MU, are just horrendously frustrating to fight. I think Ganon would have a much easier time if rolls and spotdodges weren't so safe. Against people good at PSing, I find myself reluctant to make reads on rolls and spotdodges because I know it's not practical to time a Fsmash or DAir within the absurdly small window of vulnerablity thereafter, and it's really frustrating to get punished for making good reads. In a game where most things are non-commital, Ganon finds himself at odds with certain things. :p

Kinda off-topic ranting aside, yeah, I can't say I blame you. Were my willpower to ever to change direction, I think I'd stick with Ganon by sole virtue of the fact that I legitimately cannot enjoy any other character.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
So what's the most hype thing you've ever done in a Smash game?
Aside maining Ganon? Going frenzy with Ganon's advantaged state.
Forgot someone? The one with Ganon in my everywhere, but in Italy we would say "give to Ceasar Ganon what is of Ceasar Ganon" and hype is of Ganon

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I got some nice Ganon stuff on 3DS lately but my 3DS wants to crash whenever I try to send my replays off to friends.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Despite being too stubborn myself to change my ways, I can't say I entirely blame you, Opa. There're certain characters that, when they know the MU, are just horrendously frustrating to fight. I think Ganon would have a much easier time if rolls and spotdodges weren't so safe. Against people good at PSing, I find myself reluctant to make reads on rolls and spotdodges because I know it's not practical to time a Fsmash or DAir within the absurdly small window of vulnerablity thereafter, and it's really frustrating to get punished for making good reads. In a game where most things are non-commital, Ganon finds himself at odds with certain things. :p

Kinda off-topic ranting aside, yeah, I can't say I blame you. Were my willpower to ever to change direction, I think I'd stick with Ganon by sole virtue of the fact that I legitimately cannot enjoy any other character.
I just know if I enter a tourney and run into a Sheik for example that knows their stuff, I am very unlikely to come out with a win no matter how good I may be. If it were just Sheik that'd be alright, but it isn't and if I want to stand a chance(Assuming I can finally make it out to tourneys) I need a reliable character, something which Ganon isn't. I have the most fun with him too though and will still use him in MUs that require a but more work on my end butvery difficult MUs need a pocket character. I actually enjoy lots of characters and am hoping for Isaac to be a ballot choice, really enjoyed GS and I'd much rather use him than a top tier lol, but for now I'm gonna train one up.

I still am hoping to be on a level such as your or Ray, I wanted to have one of the best and that dream will not go away lol. Despite how aggressive I play I based a lot of how I play off of you, kind of like high speed reading if that makes sense being lie Ray as well imo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

The Gallows

Smash Rookie
NNID
RESET_Imp

Travelled over the weekend, tour of Scotland. Flopped in the Scotland Monthly in Glasgow but did great in the tougher Dundee (where pretty much all the good players at) weekly bracket. Back home now, what a trip.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Going to a pretty big tournament on the 25th in Maine. Should have some pretty formidable competition, because :dazwa: won the first 2 in the series.

Going to go all Ganon unless I run into a god damn Rosalina. Then I'll probably go :4yoshi: for that set.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Having a tough time doing anything but nair after wizkick cancel, even with the c-stick. Anything I can do?

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Having a tough time doing anything but nair after wizkick cancel, even with the c-stick. Anything I can do?
Do you use C-stick for "attack"?
If you do make sure you're not moving it diagonally.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm pretty sure if you buffer an attack after a ledge cancel it'll always be a nair. If you want to use any other aerial you have to wait a little bit. I remember Zelda having a similar issue with her Farore ledge cancel back when I tried to get into that character. I could always be wrong though :x

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ganon players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Ganondorf and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm having a lot of trouble vs characters who zone Ganon well like Ness. His PKFire and Fair are very hard to deal with and approach. Any advice?

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I'm having a lot of trouble vs characters who zone Ganon well like Ness. His PKFire and Fair are very hard to deal with and approach. Any advice?
For PK fire a well time wizkick goes over it & hits Ness, in general against Ness abuse your superior range against him.
Ness is kinda rough but it's perfectly doable, also try & edgeguard him A LOT, he's insanely vulnerable & is easy pickings for Ganondorf when recovering.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon probably beats Ness, that is until you're offstage where he harasses you with PK Thunder. That is by far the worst part of the matchup. Neutral in contrast is very good for Ganon.

As mentioned Wizkick goes over PK Fire (you can also just honestly perfect shield -> DA pretty easily). Also you can trade favorably with any of Ness's aerials or beat them directly with well timed N-airs. Wizkick also usually trades with F-air favorably.

Lucas is probably overall worse than Ness, but he's a harder matchup than Ness for Ganon by virtue of his PK Fire being better for camping (you can't wizkick over it and he's a little more likely to be safe in the event you perfect shield it), and his PK Thunder is even better for edgeguarding due to its multihit properties. Plus unlike Ness, his recovery is also very good making him difficult to edgeguard.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What you're doing?
Usmash > Hell Drop > insta Aerudo.

Honestly, I don't remember if Hell Drop deals damage/knockback.
If it does, maybe it can combo into Ganoncide?
Hell drop technically does absolutely nothing, unfortunately. It just looks cool.

Top Bottom