• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So my BF keeps bugging me about dark fists apparently being OP. I keep trying to explain that it's not but he's insinstant it is. these arguments ar honestly getting a bit ridiculous so it'd be great if you fellow ganon players could maybe help shed some light(NO WAIT, I MEAN, DARKNESS! Sorry, i did not mean to bring light to your lair! OAO") on the issue by providing points about darkfists, evidence of its drawbacks, and several examples of just how punishable it is.(since apparently it needin a hard read does not justify it killing at 60 percent and having armour on startup v.v)
Well, what is his reasons for it being OP?

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
That it kills super early and has super armour on startup pretty much.(yes, despite it being the most punishable thing ever if it misses and being not all that fast)

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
What's this "Ganon Ball Z" anyways?
I suddenly want Ganondorf to have his HW design as an alternate costume, with this as an additional color.
That it kills super early and has super armour on startup pretty much.(yes, despite it being the most punishable thing ever if it misses and being not all that fast)
Dark Fists has slow startup and terrible range, less range than your usual jab. For it to hit, Ganondorf needs to pretty much "counter" you, a la Marth and co.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I suddenly want Ganondorf to have his HW design as an alternate costume, with this as an additional color.
That would've been grand right there...but too bad we're stuck with his Twilight Princess design, even though he still looks awesome.

The Gallows

Smash Rookie
NNID
RESET_Imp
Hey guys. Spoke to Verm about joining up SWF again so here I am or whatever.

Ganon boards are so much more active than the days of Brawl, which is fantastic.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I guess Wizard's Assault is great for faking people out. And I guess I have a weird fascination for Flame Wave now. Guess I like command grabs that kill.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
At the same tournament series which I placed first at last time.

Since there's no internet, there's no streaming I believe (not 100% sure).

The matches are going to be recorded though.

Last edited:

The Gallows

Smash Rookie
NNID
RESET_Imp
Yeah man, I'm from Scotland. I don't like playing online but I travel a bunch like Hypespotting, those Birmingham Streetpass things etc etc

I bump into James a lot but we never play. :(

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Curses! I wish I had the luxury of being able to travel.

Still, more eurodorfs can only be a good thing!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Big O Big O Thanks to the frame data we have, I was able to find a very clever way to test in theory who would be comboable out of Flame Choke by a 6 frame Jab assuming no hitbox changes.

For better or worse, it only affects the Pit/Dark Pit matchups. Everyone else we would probably need a 9 frame D-tilt.

If you're curious, I discovered completely by chance that Grounded Wizkick has the exact frame duration as point blank Flame Choke. This gave me a number reference to work with, and to put myself in a bufferable state that gave me an extra 2 frames compared to Flame Choke, I chose to buffer U-smash and Backwards Roll (using 2 CPU Ganons set on Control).

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
@ Big O Big O Thanks to the frame data we have, I was able to find a very clever way to test in theory who would be comboable out of Flame Choke by a 6 frame Jab assuming no hitbox changes.

For better or worse, it only affects the Pit/Dark Pit matchups. Everyone else we would probably need a 9 frame D-tilt.

If you're curious, I discovered completely by chance that Grounded Wizkick has the exact frame duration as point blank Flame Choke. This gave me a number reference to work with, and to put myself in a bufferable state that gave me an extra 2 frames compared to Flame Choke, I chose to buffer U-smash and Backwards Roll (using 2 CPU Ganons set on Control).
If Flame Choke had like 1 frame earlier IASA you could FC Dtilt everyone in the game except himself and maybe Palutena.

Slack is Love

Smash Cadet
GGs A2ZOMG, you just mollywhopped me a few times on for glory. I'm Lightning Goza.

Your offstage game is too good, even when i would try to gimp you, somehow I ended up the one being gimped. I learned a lot, thanks for the games.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
GGs A2ZOMG, you just mollywhopped me a few times on for glory. I'm Lightning Goza.

Your offstage game is too good, even when i would try to gimp you, somehow I ended up the one being gimped. I learned a lot, thanks for the games.
You have good things going on too. While I know I'm also a bit better at waiting and baiting things out, I think most of what you need to learn is shenanigans and matchup knowledge. I feel like you're at least skilled enough with Ganon to make that transition.

I think I'll work on that edgeguard guide I promised this weekend perhaps. There's a lot of interesting fine detail in edgeguarding with Ganon. Much of it is simply knowing your opponent's options and then learning how to adjust your spacing to follow or bait out common mixups.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
She's a fundamentally silly character. Unless they alter her foundationally, she's always gonna be a big pain in the ***.
Particularly for Ganon. Sheik is the literal antithesis of Ganon; incredibly safe but no reward.

To be honest, it's a goofy matchup for both characters. Not to say it's not way in Sheiks favor, but Sheik can literally hit you 25+ times and still end up losing because she got hit by 1 Rage F-smash. Meanwhile, Ganon is somehow getting knocked back for miles by needles that probably wouldn't even pierce his armor.

By the way I'm back.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sheik is officially my least favorite character in the game.
This is true for anyone that doesn't play Sheik.

Brawl MK levels of oh really.

Darkness applied on attacks should inflict slow status or do poison damage or something. Just being a visual effect is underwhelming.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ultimately I think the DDK nerfs hurt us, since it incentivized literally everyone to switch to Sheik, the one character in this game that I genuinely feel invalidates us*

*It's Ganon though, so winning is still fully within the realm of possibility :ganondorf:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Ultimately I think the DDK nerfs hurt us, since it incentivized literally everyone to switch to Sheik, the one character in this game that I genuinely feel invalidates us*

*It's Ganon though, so winning is still fully within the realm of possibility :ganondorf:
I feel the same, Sheik is the the only character in the game now that Ganon needs to pull miracles to win, it's not Brawl bad but it's still incredibly hard.
It does feel good to destroy fraud Sheiks though :ganondorf:

Last edited:
Top Bottom