• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Scraptor Scraptor I watched replays you've sent me. You're getting better and more fluid with your decisions, my main critique is to not get over-reliant on Flame Choke for your spacing. The more accurately you can space your aerials in stead, the more your game will improve.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I can safely say that learning the characters of the triforce in this game have taught me so much that it's staggering. I'm learning Link now and that means I'm starting to learn even more about item play and things to do with bombs, which will in turn help me learn to do things with bombs with Ganondorf. Everyday is a new learning experience indeed.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Ignore this double post. Internet was acting dumb

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm about to go to three tournaments in the next two to three weeks.

Two of them will have very big competition (Ally, M2k).

The third, which I'm attending first at the 27th this month, is the same tournament I won (the one which @ Vermanubis Vermanubis wouldn't take my word for).

All of them will be streamed.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm about to go to three tournaments in the next two to three weeks.

Two of them will have very big competition (Ally, M2k).

The third, which I'm attending first at the 27th this month, is the same tournament I won (the one which @ Vermanubis Vermanubis wouldn't take my word for).

All of them will be streamed.
You have a unique way about you, Kalm. :p

I don't think I ever doubted your word. I think the only question I ever had in regard to it was who you beat/what the competition was.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
When would people consider doing another Ganon tournament, one which I'd call Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally?

I even have a sign up sheet and rules set up on Google with suggestions taken from @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm all tentatively prepared and able to go public if I distribute the links. I certainly would like to get @ Vermanubis Vermanubis in this tournament if he's able to this time around.

Admittedly my own life has some stressful things that take priority right now, which is part of the reason I've been slow to work on this. However I'd still like to hear the state of other people's affairs and what they think about doing another of these glorious tournaments within this year.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
When would people consider doing another Ganon tournament, one which I'd call Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally?

I even have a sign up sheet and rules set up on Google with suggestions taken from @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm all tentatively prepared and able to go public if I distribute the links. I certainly would like to get @ Vermanubis Vermanubis in this tournament if he's able to this time around.

Admittedly my own life has some stressful things that take priority right now, which is part of the reason I've been slow to work on this. However I'd still like to hear the state of other people's affairs and what they think about doing another of these glorious tournaments within this year.
I feel like I've improved a ton from how I used to play(I literally just through out a bunch of attacks it seems looking back), I'd probably say I rely on reads way more now albeit risky ones. I'm definitely ready for this, although admittedly I don't feel comfortable in the mirror but perhaps this would help lol. Then again after all then mirrors not much has changed for how I feel on the mu.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yep, was waiting for you to announce this @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

This gives me an opportunity to face Gungnir and the others again (if they do attend), the game has moved forward a lot since the last tournament.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Ganon tourney sounds sweet and I'll definitely join. These NBA Finals though... giving me heart palpitations. Good thing that Ganondorf provides comfort in these troubling times by destroying opposition.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally

As you can see, I've made plans. Do people want signups now? The main problem I have is I really just have no clue when I'll be ready to manage things, and I don't want to leave a large list of people hanging who I might have difficulty contacting easily if I have a very delayed bracket creation process. Also don't yet have any idea when I should cap things.

The plan is of course however to distribute the public signup sheet (which anyone with the link can edit) to as many relevant locations as possible to make this the largest and most sinister worldwide gathering of Ganon enthusiasts ever.

I'll probably ask Gungnir or Potechi to help me translate the rules to Japanese, though I've already taken measures to at least provide the Japanese names of stages for reference (the stage bans are important to read carefully, because I banned very specific Omegas for certain reasons).

Last edited:

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
Whenever you are not busy A2ZOMG I wish to verse you so I can have my place on the Ganon tier list jmanup85 has put word in for me before btw thank you for that because lately I have not have had access to the boards.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Whenever you are not busy A2ZOMG I wish to verse you so I can have my place on the Ganon tier list jmanup85 has put word in for me before btw thank you for that because lately I have not have had access to the boards.
Are you ready like, now? We could do some stuff tonight.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I really like Wizard's Dropkick but I simply can't live without the spike properties of Wizard's Foot. Anyone else feel this way?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really like Wizard's Dropkick but I simply can't live without the spike properties of Wizard's Foot. Anyone else feel this way?
Your options to get out of juggles and ledge traps are also more limited without default Wizard's Foot.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Someone needs to draw that ****.
We have PHOTOS in this game! So yeah, Tanooki Ganon is actually thing.

What I actually dreamed though was Ganon with a bright yellow Cape and flying with his arms spread out.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So, I guess we can't expect anything come the Lucas Patch, huh, guys?

Also, I really wish we'd recieve more colorful alt colors for Ganon's armour.
His colors are so dull.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
We have PHOTOS in this game! So yeah, Tanooki Ganon is actually thing.

What I actually dreamed though was Ganon with a bright yellow Cape and flying with his arms spread out.
I was more talking about Ganondorf in a tanuki SUIT.

His colors are so dull.
I always forget Ganondorf has a purple alt.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Attending a Brawl tournament tomorrow which will be streamed. The last I attended was a low tier tournament placing second.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

His colors are so dull.
All the Zelda characters' colors bar Toon Link are dull, honestly. Wish we could get some Ocarina of Time alts to fix that.
But yeah some new colors for Ganondorf would be nice. I'd like white hair with the blue skin.
I forgot that it's okay for me to frequent this thread as I've decided to make Ganondorf one of my mains in place of Rosalina.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd like a platinum or white palette for Ganon's armor. That'd look awesome combined with his Purple Energy Attacks.

Scraptor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScraptorBC
@ Scraptor Scraptor I watched replays you've sent me. You're getting better and more fluid with your decisions, my main critique is to not get over-reliant on Flame Choke for your spacing. The more accurately you can space your aerials in stead, the more your game will improve.
Thanks A2zomg I am working on the aerials and attempting to edgeguard more. I am dying a lot as I am missing hits or trying things wrong but I keep pushing. Looking forward to the Ganon tourney!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

I'll be attending another rather big tournament this Saturday - that makes four Smash 4 tournaments from now till July 5th for me.

Need your support guys, I'm going to take Ganon to another level.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm guessing no one here is going to CEO
rip grad school is flame chaining me to the ground so I can't go

I'll partake it if it's after August 7.

@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm Show us the link when the time comes. (Also I added you on the Wii U, 2 lazy to pm you otherwise).

Last edited:
Top Bottom