• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Practicing my Perfect Pivoting right now, trying to git gud. :p

May also do some more runs of All-Star to try and get Wizard's Dropkick, since I already have the best custom for my other main.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Practicing my Perfect Pivoting right now, trying to git gud. :p

May also do some more runs of All-Star to try and get Wizard's Dropkick, since I already have the best custom for my other main.
If you're trying to perfect pivot as Ganon, I wouldn't worry about it much unless you really like PP Ftilt. Ganon overall doesn't benefit as noticeably from this tech.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
It's good to hear that PPivoting isn't very useful to Ganon. I've been practicing tech quite a bit lately and I've been putting this one off.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Kinda annoying to watch that vid. Man, it has to happen next patch.
Give us a 6 frame Jab, better Grab Range, SH AC Stomp, and never touch Ganon again.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm not gonna use Sheik, I've put so much time in dorf and I really enjoy him. I was just at a loss for some of these ridiculous mus, just gonna learn everything I can though.

I'd like improved air speed as well actually.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
ggs to opana you have good reads
Really ggs man! Your movement was insane, never seen PP used so effortlessly, and those strings especially the footstool ones were crazy and hype! I have not been destroyed like that since my first time playing Acid, you were crazy and I loved every minute of it despite getting completely bodied. Sorry for all those sds, I wouldn't have been so sloppy if I had caught you earlier lol, I was a bit embarrassed honestly. I haven't been scared to edge guard in a long time too, it almost always back fired lol,

One thing I'd just like to confirm, you're Ito right? You used the red MK, had HD in your name, and played a phenomenal neutral man.

EDIT: /Checked your recent posts and you're definitely Ito, just seems so unreal I'm running into all these known players, reminds me of finding a rare Pokemon or something lmao. GGs!

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
so customs recently got banned at my locals because people are whiny idiots and it seems to be a trend all over now. RIP Ganon being an actually decent character and my entire interest in competitive smash

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
That's discouraging; I was looking forward to seeing more Ganon at tourneys. I guess at least this way I have a legitimate excuse to stay default.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I never got into customs in fear of that happening, I think I prefer default everything though.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I never got into customs in fear of that happening, I think I prefer default everything though.
Dark Fists is honestly the best move Ganon has by such a wide margin that I sometimes worry people's opinions of Ganon will shift in the direction of Kong Cyclone. I don't play customs very often because none of my friends are into them and I'm in For Glory more than I should be, but I do love them, haha.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i dunno dark fists is a fantastic move but i find wizard's drop kick to be the biggest game changer as it massively helps fix his crappy recovery.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think Dark Fists is too slow or how I play tbh. DF can't be used nearly as much as Kyclone anyway.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I think Dark Fists is too slow or how I play tbh. DF can't be used nearly as much as Kyclone anyway.
It doesn't have the same "all-purpose application" as Kong Cyclone, but a combo-breaking kill move means that NOBODY can attack your shield or even hit you in the air safely without risk of death at 50% (with rage). It's a very big deal, haha. I just think since it's reactionary instead of versatile like Cyclone, it doesn't have the same level of exposure.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^this. it definitely makes your opponents much more cautious once they know it's power though.(for example, sonic can't just blithely roll all over you with a deadly counter now waiting for him. XD)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
i dunno dark fists is a fantastic move but i find wizard's drop kick to be the biggest game changer as it massively helps fix his crappy recovery.
Dark Fists does way more to fix Ganon's crap recovery than Dropkick, to be serious. You don't get people walltech punishing it and the armor frames if you know how to time them really force people to be careful edgeguarding you.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I know DF is fantastic, but for me personally I get the most out of DD. We should play sometime Jile, can't say how often it'l get use in the mirror but we gotta play anyway lol.

I'd have tried making a guide but I have a hard time seeing my keyboard and this site lags for me at time making my text really delayed. I'd be willing to be a contributor though.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Just got back from a regional... I think there were 40 entrants. I placed 2nd, and while my opponent in GF was really good, I definitely also didn't play well at all. I just had surgery Wednesday, so I have some johns haha. Really shouldn't have gone at all, but I was too excited to play good people to pass it up.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Just got back from a regional... I think there were 40 entrants. I placed 2nd, and while my opponent in GF was really good, I definitely also didn't play well at all. I just had surgery Wednesday, so I have some johns haha. Really shouldn't have gone at all, but I was too excited to play good people to pass it up.
Good job man!
What character did you win & lose to?

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
GF set was vs a Diddy/Sheik. I won against the Diddy and got beat by Sheik. For the last game, I switched to Yoshi (and still lost, cause my Yoshi is rusty turds).

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
We should totally get a Ganonboards online tourney crew together to challenge the other character boards and rep the 'dorfmeister in online tourneys.

Just saiyan.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hopefully, the best buff Ganon can get right now is a Sheik nerf.
Agreed. As I've mentioned before, I think Sheik is the only character who genuinely invalidates Ganon. A nerf on both her vanish and bouncing fish. Thanks to to bouncing fish, aside from the obviously unreasonable kill potential, it's impossible to catch Sheik in the air. You get one hit, then she can reset. Make her at least <more> gimpable, and nerf bouncing fish, at least how safe it is.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Random idea. I want there to be a Ganondorf costume where he is wearing the same clothes as Mario and Luigi except the colors fit him so like brown and black or something and there is a "G" on his hat kinda like how Mario has an M on his hat.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
If you really think about it, it's actually pretty amusing how little Dorf needs himself to make him perfect.

A faster Jab (even if with a slight damage nerf) so it doesn't just act like a weaker Ftilt.
More grab range. Seriously.
A stronger default Up B (for those non-custom matches. Why was this even nerfed?).

IMO, Flame Choke is in a pretty good spot, barring specific character rolls, and the better way to buff it indirectly is to fix a different problem: hurt box interactions. An example of this is how Dorf can't even run past most characters because his run is so slow. He gets stuck on them and ultimately slows down, resulting in dragging them along the stage with him. This affects rolls, in that a lot of chars with short rolls can't even roll through him. This makes Flame Choke chains a little harder to predict, since sometimes you'll predict someone to roll behind you, go for the punish behind you, then miss because they didn't roll through you.

And while I would love the cancel back on Dair, it's understandable why it was taken away. Given how hitstun works, it would make it a bit on the powerful side for his combos, and this is especially dangerous on the earlier to mid %s when it wouldn't bounce the opponent too high out of reach. I'm on the fence, really.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Ganon buffs would be nice for dealing with the human garbage that is Rosalina mains, but a Sheik nerf is a little bit more to the point when it comes to balancing the cast out. Ganon buffs might solve Ganon's problems, but Sheik nerfs would solve a whole lot more at the same time.

Ultimately, I think a little bit of both would be best case scenario, but we'll see, haha. Beggars can't be choosers.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
All Sheik really needs is a needle nerf.

Everything else about her is actually fine, and, dare I say, doable for the Dorf.

It's her needles that give her the ability to mess with characters and use her own style the way she chooses.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
All Sheik actually needs is a needle nerf.

Everything else about her is actually fine, and, dare I say, doable for the Dorf.

It's her needles that give her the ability to mess with character and use her own style the way she chooses.
I personally vouch for Thinkaman's idea where Sheik can't charge needles normally but gets 1 needle each time she lands an attack.

It'd probably even make sense to give them a compensatory buff, since losing the ability to use them to force approaches would be a big deal.

Top Bottom