• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If we're talking about our fastest match, mine was 0:17 (Double Ganoncides) but I think I have a saved replay of a 0:14 match (with the same gameplan/result).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@TTTTTsd

I have a couple sub 30 matches with Falcon, but not yet with Ganondorf. The trouble is that I'm not good enough at reads or combos to have short matches like this that aren't generally against people who make a string of stupid decisions or mistakes. This 45 second match felt good because it was against a guy that beat me good a few games. I'd love to have a ridiculous sub 30 match with Ganon, but I get this feeling it's going to be more the other guys own failings and less so my skill. I've gotta learn some good combos and tricky ATs to make it feel more real when the time comes I suppose, heh.

@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades

Not sure how these developed, but I suppose if my plan from the outset was to bait someone into a Ganoncide I could have a pretty fast time, but I've not tried that. How did these happen? Just a really aggro but careless opponent taking you offstage a couple times but paying for it?

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre

Had a few For Glory matches with Ganon a bit ago. Got close to your 30ish second feat against a legit Yoshi. It was around 45 seconds though. Eight total landed moves. 2 stocks. Pretty great.

Moves in order... jab, jab, get up attack, fair, ledge attack, dtilt, fsmash, and aerudo.

Obviously no real combos here. Just baits and punishes. And I bet you can guess what "aerudo" being the last move means, heh. And that wasn't even the first time I finished one of our bouts this way.

The Yoshi was pretty aggro and could string attack after attack into me if I wasn't careful. If I was careful I could sneak a punish into his non stop actions. Lots of momentum canceling and grab gimmicks and a solid egg throw game. He beat me maybe a match over 50% but I was happy to take nearly half our matches from him.
Sweet man! I absolutely suck against Yoshi, my brain just goes "Nope" when dealing with them.
Turns out that mega man is also one of the MU's I need to learn, since I finally played a decent one and got my ass handed to me xD

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Anyone have any tips for the ZSS and Rosalina matchups? Got bodied hard last night by two really good players and couldn't find the openings on my own before they left.

Somehow I have less trouble with Diddy and Sheik than I did with those two.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sweet man! I absolutely suck against Yoshi, my brain just goes "Nope" when dealing with them.
Turns out that mega man is also one of the MU's I need to learn, since I finally played a decent one and got my *** handed to me xD
MM is my other main. I sadly don't own a WiiU at the moment, but if you have the 3DS version I can give you some MU experience.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just want to mention how beautifully majestic Ganon's Bair is. God I love that move. It's so good.
Not to mention the sound it makes upon hitting. Love that sound.

Do you know when the stream will start, Kalm, and where's the best place to watch it?

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Anyone have any tips for the ZSS and Rosalina matchups? Got bodied hard last night by two really good players and couldn't find the openings on my own before they left.

I've not fought a good Rosalina, but even an average one is annoying. Not enough to comment though really.

I have fought a fairly decent Zamus though, but only a few matches. I'll go over my thoughts...

The Zamus I fought was kind of aggressive, which may have helped. She didn't try to space me out too badly with sideB but she did start with some neutralB protection and to try and catch me stunned. I mostly jumped over the paralyzer shots and approached that way with uair. The paralyzer shot is a pretty slow move too, so it's not to hard to time your jumps and shield upon landing to eat a quick follow up with paralyzer or a quick dash attack approach. I think ftilt eats the paralyzer shot as well. Shield approaching works well as long as you can anticipate a dash grab and avoid it, which isn't always easy with her dash attack option. Jumping just a little bit seems to avoid the grab too, and I was generally jump approaching anyways like I said. I was even paralyzed in midair with my feet just a bit off the ground a few times and Zamus couldn't grab me while I hung there. She's more likely to try a fsmash to launch you or aerial/dash attack to start a string if your hanging in midair in my experience though. Her kill power isn't great so she's likely to try and get in a safe grab often via paralyzer to start an aerial string against you pushing you horizontally toward the edge. She doesn't want you above her. My best get out jail free card against her was my aerial wizkick. If she popped me up a bit or went for the upB kill, wizkick punished well and even killed her pretty good at low percent, swinging the momentum even if she was just juggling me or had me high off the edge. Her kill moves are basically fair chase off the stage, fsmash, and upB. The rest are hard gimp options that require getting you off the stage to begin with. If she's trying the up B kill on you while you're above her in the air, it's wizkick all the way. If she wises up to that I imagine she'll just stop trying to get that kill and stay grounded. She's better off going for the upB kill if she chooses it over fsmash after you're paralyzed, or if she manages it on you OoS in close quarters or punishes a poor landing/long end lag on a move so she can get you with every part of it.

I'm certain someone here has more experience than me in this matchup against more varied playstyles of Zamus. I'd like to hear what their thoughts are. But since you asked and I didn't see anyone commenting, I gave you my thoughts even though I have relatively little experience.

@ Heartstring Heartstring @ jahkzheng jahkzheng @ camden camden @ fromundaman fromundaman @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades @ JmacAttack JmacAttack

Sorry to be obsessive compulsive, but I would appreciate one more person signing up for the online Wii-U Ganon tournament I've made. All that's required is you show your murderous intent.
What time is this thing happening?

I sadly have very little Ganon ditto experience with this game and haven't really been practicing with him in earnest... but if I'm free and the champ needs a warm up match on the way to the top, I can try and give them a good match or two~

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What time is this thing happening?

I sadly have very little Ganon ditto experience with this game and haven't really been practicing with him in earnest... but if I'm free and the champ needs a warm up match on the way to the top, I can try and give them a good match or two~
It's actually happening now, and I got my 40th person within that time. But you can still be a replacement for someone dropping out.

http://smashboards.com/threads/gano...ine-tournament-in-progress-dont-panic.369676/

Depending on how held up the bracket is, we could definitely use some insurance for that.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's actually happening now, and I got my 40th person within that time. But you can still be a replacement for someone dropping out.

http://smashboards.com/threads/gano...ine-tournament-in-progress-dont-panic.369676/

Depending on how held up the bracket is, we could definitely use some insurance for that.
Sounds good. I'm free for the next hour. Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully I'm not needed and everyone that's meant to compete does, but I'll happily participate if need be.

Guess I'll keep an eye on my alerts just in case.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sounds good. I'm free for the next hour. Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully I'm not needed and everyone that's meant to compete does, but I'll happily participate if need be.

Guess I'll keep an eye on my alerts just in case.
This isn't just being finished in one day, keep in mind. It's an international online tournament, and we all live on different schedules. Ultimately, nobody is forced to do anything...except show appreciation for Ganondorf that is.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This isn't just being finished in one day, keep in mind. It's an international online tournament, and we all live on different schedules. Ultimately, nobody is forced to do anything...except show appreciation for Ganondorf that is.
Well, I'm uncertain of my availability for the next couple days but I'll keep an eye on the alerts here just in case. Seems those that are available now are playing now. As I recall from doing a tourney here long long ago, anyone that doesn't show initially will have a couple days to organize their match with their opponent before it's either forfeited or someone fills in so that the next part of the bracket can start. So I imagine if I'm needed, I'll find out a while from now, relatively, I assume.

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I hope the tourney works out well, will be interesting to see what happens.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ Heartstring Heartstring @ jahkzheng jahkzheng @ camden camden @ fromundaman fromundaman @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades @ JmacAttack JmacAttack

Sorry to be obsessive compulsive, but I would appreciate one more person signing up for the online Wii-U Ganon tournament I've made. All that's required is you show your murderous intent.
Sadly I also don't own a WiiU. Atm I practice at a friend's house or on 3DS as well as play it at arcades/tournies.

That and apparently I was at work while this happened.

I played a really good Rosa the other day with both MM and Ganon. Started MM and got bopped then switched to Ganon...

Well, onstage we have a really good MU against her actually. Our tilts can hit Luma when Rosa shields while being safe, and a Fair on shield pretty much always kills Luma, though we do get grabbed for it. Still, kind of a small price to pay.

On stages like BF, our Uair WRECKS her when she's on a platform. Platforms in general help us a lot, but especially in this MU.
The fact that she dies early helps too.

When I switched to MM I took the first stock only taking 10% because I managed to keep the fight onstage. Unfortunately on-stage is not the only place you fight in this game.

Turns out switching to Ganon was actually not my best idea because he gets MOLESTED offstage. I feel like Little Mac trying to recover against a good Rosa.
While UpB and DJ Uair are pretty good for recovering against most of the cast, Rosa gives 0 ****s about that since her Dair beats everything we can do when recovering. As a result she can just keep putting Dairs out between us and the ledge and if even one hits us, be it with or without Luma, sweetspot or sourspot, we die.

The offstage game is what makes this matchup incredibly difficult.
I sadly didn't get friendlies with the guy and therefore had only 2 matches to attempt to learn how to fight his Rosa (Which was leaps and bounds ahead of any other I've fought) and spent 1 with both MM and Ganon, but this MU honestly felt really rough if she ever got us offstage.

___

I sadly don't have high level ZSS experience so I can't say much on that one.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Mortal, you do not know what you have just unleashed
[collapse=WARNING: Old cringeworthy photo ahead]
[/collapse]

Yeah sure, why not.
I'll put you under replacements for now. I do have my 40 people, but I appreciate you offering potential availability.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll put you under replacements for now. I do have my 40 people, but I appreciate you offering potential availability.
B-but they're probably all scrubby ganons!
Eh thats fine, when is it again? i havent really paid attention

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
B-but they're probably all scrubby ganons!
Eh thats fine, when is it again? i havent really paid attention
Technically things are underway right now, but there's no rush to complete matches any specific time. Just people need to message each other about availability then report results to me. You will be tagged in the tournament thread if you are needed to help advance the bracket.

Goal is to hopefully complete things by January, but again, this isn't something we need to stress out about.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Technically things are underway right now, but there's no rush to complete matches any specific time. Just people need to message each other about availability then report results to me. You will be tagged in the tournament thread if you are needed to help advance the bracket.

Goal is to hopefully complete things by January, but again, this isn't something we need to stress out about.
Cool. have fun with it bruh

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was talking to a friend about a new Moveset for Ganondorf, and a weird question popped up.

(This is under the assumption that he uses his TP design, and holds the Executioner Blade for the whole battle)
If he had a Dead Man's Volley move, that would also act as a reflect move, should he reflect with his cape (like in Ocarina) or with his sword (like Phantom Ganon)?

I said with his cape (since the only time Ganondorf himself has ever played and reflected Dead Man's Volley, he has used his cape), but my friend said his sword (since Ganondorf would have his sword out the whole battle, and Phantom Ganon (who always has a sword out) has used his sword to reflect in Dead Man's Volley).

What do you think?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
When he used his cape he was also using his hand. And with a Sword he always used the Sword. And in ALBW what passes for Ganon he would backhand it back.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Aside from improving online play and a few glaring issues, there will be no further patches as stated by the game developers: http://smashboards.com/threads/acco...1-0-4-will-be-the-final-balance-patch.382837/

Ganon got the good end of the stick.
What I'm getting from what the article actually says is that Sakurai's going to let the dust settle and see if there's any big issues that need patching, not that Sakurai will definitely never, ever patch anything ever again. Apparently the translation is pretty questionable anyways, so we'll see. Either way Ganon feels mostly fine and doesn't need much outside of maybe a slightly better grab, and will be decent even without patches.

Top Bottom