• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bowser got a lot of buffs so I'm okay with him. That said, the klaw thing killing him and letting the opponent jump is stupid.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't really think it deserves a topic on it's own but how would everyone feel if Ganondorf could hover just like Peach after a jump? After all he could hover in OoT, TP when possessing Zelda, and even hovers off his Horse in HW. And Phantom Ganon always hovers around. I think the idea would have promise but I don't think it would ever be considered.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Aside from improving online play and a few glaring issues, there will be no further patches as stated by the game developers: http://smashboards.com/threads/acco...1-0-4-will-be-the-final-balance-patch.382837/

Ganon got the good end of the stick.
That's not how I interpreted the interview. He said "there are no plans" for balance patches.

Big difference from there explicitly being no future patches. Before the game was released, Sakurai said there were no plans for DLC in a similar manner. We still got a balance patch and will get Mewtwo later.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, so I have a 70+% For Glory winrate. I'm definitely not an amazing player, but at least I realized that after a several year hiatus from Smash...I can still exercise fundamentals that aren't completely terrible, and that I can learn a new controller scheme on the fly.

Watching everyone else play Ganon has taught me some helpful tricks in making better reads, even though I generally have pretty poor technical skill. I'll find a way to upload my replays. It probably won't be glorious 60fps quality, but if my old tools work, I can at least make it look better than camcorder quality.

I'll probably want help critiquing my replays, once I bother uploading those.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Well, so I have a 70+% For Glory winrate. I'm definitely not an amazing player, but at least I realized that after a several year hiatus from Smash...I can still exercise fundamentals that aren't completely terrible, and that I can learn a new controller scheme on the fly.

Watching everyone else play Ganon has taught me some helpful tricks in making better reads, even though I generally have pretty poor technical skill. I'll find a way to upload my replays. It probably won't be glorious 60fps quality, but if my old tools work, I can at least make it look better than camcorder quality.

I'll probably want help critiquing my replays, once I bother uploading those.
Yeah i know what you mean, i really felt like i was slowly improving with Dorf over time (even though my technichal skills aren't amazing), i didn't even expect to main him in this game after Brawl (Though i still liked him there).

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys.........
I recently suffered from a severe concussion. My brain got damaged a little bit too..... I lost a quite deal of precise coordination that I have to slowly build up. My Ganondorf is now pretty bad compared to what he was. But I cannot play Smash often now either until I recover. I am going to have to drop out of the Ganondorf tournament @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG ... I'm sorry
Anyway.... Once I have recovered, I am going to have to relearn how to play Ganondorf.... I should probably choose a new secondary as well. Just for a fresh start I guess.
If only I could be as strong as Ganondorf, and not have to go through this......

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys.........
I recently suffered from a severe concussion. My brain got damaged a little bit too..... I lost a quite deal of precise coordination that I have to slowly build up. My Ganondorf is now pretty bad compared to what he was. But I cannot play Smash often now either until I recover. I am going to have to drop out of the Ganondorf tournament @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG ... I'm sorry
Anyway.... Once I have recovered, I am going to have to relearn how to play Ganondorf.... I should probably choose a new secondary as well. Just for a fresh start I guess.
If only I could be as strong as Ganondorf, and not have to go through this......
I wish the best for you. If there is anything we can do to make your trials as a gamer a more fulfilling experience, just remember that we're here for you.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Hey guys.........
Yo feel good bro, health is the most important thing.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey guys.........
Don't be ridiculous! Even the Great King has a skull which can be subject to concussive force!

Your brothers await your glorious return, dude. :colorful:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Thank you all for the well wishes.
Once I am better, I am enthralled to get back with Ganondorf.
I just wish it didn't happen... As the years of training in Brawl, Smash 3DS, and Smash Wii U seems to have gone away. I am still decent as him, from the little I played. But it is sub-par at the very best. My For Glory ratio took a nosedive when I played Online. It went from 81% to 60% within a couple of days. I lost almost every match I played. At least I can take this chance to change my play-style to make it better than it once was, hopefully.....

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Don't sweat it, buddy.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, which part of your brain was damaged? Judging by motor impairment, it was probably the parietal lobe, and it's among the easiest areas to recover. So it'll take some work, but don't sweat it too much, Loz. :colorful:

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Don't sweat it, buddy.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, which part of your brain was damaged?
I can actually show you that.
Red is the thing that was really damaged.
Blue is swelling
Green is deformities.
I will make a full recovery though, but yeah..... It was pretty severe short-term damage.
Brain.jpg

I received it on Wednesday... I got mugged and beat on really hard. I should be better by next week, but I need to revisit my neurologist just in case. So for now I have limited myself to being on forums and listening to Zelda Reorchestrated's Twilight Symphony as the extent on my electronics use. I played some smash, but it brought on some severe headaches and a little bit of nausea, as to be expected

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think I speak for all of us here that the person who did this to you will meet a fate six-hundred-and-sixty-six-fold what he did to you!

But yeah, I'm no brain expert, but the swelling is, as to be expected, almost entirely in the parietal lobes. But you probably already know all this, plus much more from your doctors. =P

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Well what doesn't kill you...
After an injury like this, you'll come back as the strongest Ganon there is!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Those Master Swords to the forehead really hurt, but Ganon always comes back stronger than ever.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I wish the swiftest and best recovery for you, @ Lozjam Lozjam

Let it be known the mugger will experience a curse stronger than no other for attacking one of our brethren.

You should definitely rest and lay off Smash for a while. Relearning will be tricky, but once you get back your reflexes, everything else should come back more smoothly. Friend, we are here for you.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
@ Lozjam Lozjam

Glad to know the damage is only temporary. Get well soon man, hopefully it'll all come back once you get some rest and recovery.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
@ Lozjam Lozjam I'm glad to see you're taking this in a positive light and considering revamping your game or learning a new secondary. Get better soon and get back to destroying the unworthy masses!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Lozjam Lozjam For someone to go through everything you have, not just the attack, but the hospital and operations, the doubt and fear, the pain and recovery, and then to come out and put on a brave face; you're a very special individual. Not many people could do that. It's very touching. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and I hope that you will find solace and strength knowing that you have the undying support of your brothers in smash.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Geddon lozjam, you hardcore sonofagun!

What he's not telling you is that he took a shotgun blast to the head, and came out with only temporary damage.

May you heal faster than wolverine, my good sir!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Lozjam Lozjam I come as an official representative of the Link Boards to express to our blood brother our best wishes of recovery. Ganon is immortal, he took a sword to the forehead and to the chest and shrugged it off, and his spirit resides in you. It's a shame this has happened, but you'll come out even stronger. I hope you get better soon, just focus on that, on getting better. The brotherhood of the Triforce tier will be awaiting your glorious return. You have our good wishes and prayers to both Hylia and Demise.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
And @ Lozjam Lozjam , as one of the few reincarnates of Hylia that have the courage to use Zelda, I come to you to offer my condolences and support. Life has never been easy for us, Triforce wielders, but we need to pull through. I grant you the wisdom to heavily outplay your opponents, and get a oh-most satisfying victory. May the power of coffee your Triforce, and more importantly, wit, guide you.

Last edited:
Everyone, get your brown pants, I'm going to say something nice. Ish. Nice-ish.

I've seen what happened to @ Lozjam Lozjam before, and aside from the physical damage it can leave some pretty harsh mental trauma. The human body is an insane bit of engineering, you'd be amazed what you can not only survive but recover from, the brain too is surprisingly 'plastic', and able to adapt and recover. I have no doubt that his Ganon play will come back in force, possibly better, and the return of coordination and the ability to do what he loves is very much something he should focus on.

I raise my glass to the strength to not just survive, but improve. Later in life, if this comes back to haunt you, I want you to find pride in that strength and use it to smother the pain. Cheers.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I can actually show you that.
Red is the thing that was really damaged.
Blue is swelling
Green is deformities.
I will make a full recovery though, but yeah..... It was pretty severe short-term damage.
View attachment 32962
I received it on Wednesday... I got mugged and beat on really hard. I should be better by next week, but I need to revisit my neurologist just in case. So for now I have limited myself to being on forums and listening to Zelda Reorchestrated's Twilight Symphony as the extent on my electronics use. I played some smash, but it brought on some severe headaches and a little bit of nausea, as to be expected
Ganonspeed your recovery, brother! We can't wait to have ya back

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Again, thank you all for your support. I have had to support my family and friends throughout this whole process, and it's nice to receive support. When I am back to playing smash I am considering of writing a blog/guide of my experience in relearning Ganondorf. Since this is such an odd and unique position I might as well use it to give back to the community. This will also help myself speed up and perfect my new Ganondorf strategy.

So again, thank you all, this is a terrific community full of amazing people. Ganondorf will marvel at the fact that we will not only take Hyrule for his cause, but all of Nintendo's worlds!

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Again, thank you all for your support. I have had to support my family and friends throughout this whole process, and it's nice to receive support. When I am back to playing smash I am considering of writing a blog/guide of my experience in relearning Ganondorf. Since this is such an odd and unique position I might as well use it to give back to the community. This will also help myself speed up and perfect my new Ganondorf strategy.

So again, thank you all, this is a terrific community full of amazing people. Ganondorf will marvel at the fact that we will not only take Hyrule for his cause, but all of Nintendo's worlds!
That guide. Do it.

Such a good idea.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I second! A fresh view on the 'Dorf would be an excellent resource for the community at large, let alone Ganon secondaries/dabblers/beginners such as myself.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
@ Lozjam Lozjam
Hey, I hope you recover strong and get back to doing what you love at top speed. Feel better and may the Triforce of Power give you the strength to come back 10 times stronger.
Take care of yourself!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok, well after I visit my neurologist on Monday, and if he says I have (almost) fully recovered, then I will start. It will be helpful for people who want to know what it takes to play as Ganondorf, and since I know the AT's and strategies involved with playing Ganondorf I can also help high level players see a new perspective as well when it comes to Ganondorf. The community can also help shape my playstyle and I can improve at an accelerated rate. At the end, these blogs of learning Ganondorf can be turned into a full fletched, in-depth guide that will help new and old players alike. Let us hope the sages seal breaks on Monday so I can start my ascent to the gods.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
@ Lozjam Lozjam I wish you a speedy recovery. Being mugged and beaten like that is just sickening. Maybe one day, the guy that did it will be telling people he used to mug people...until he took an arrow to the knee (one can hope lol). That'd be some poetic justice.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to have ruined your spirits. It's always nice to see people persevere and overcome. If you ever get down in the dumps, think of it like this. Everyone likes a good hero story, and this time you just happen to be the main character. You deserve a happy ending.

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
@ Lozjam Lozjam
You've shown tremendous bravery to relate such a difficult experience, a boldness much like the King himself, and I wish you all the best.

May that fool suffer a Volcano Kick for every day that your process of recovery has interrupted you, and let him live in constant dread of another thereafter.

Top Bottom