• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

DaftFunk420

Smash Rookie
I should correct myself and say I use ganon 100% of time for first round. generally overall I use him 95-97% of the time lol

DaftFunk420

Smash Rookie
Also, if anyone is in university...have u figured out any way to connect 3ds to the college WiFi? and actually play a game online (smash duh)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Also, if anyone is in university...have u figured out any way to connect 3ds to the college WiFi? and actually play a game online (smash duh)
Who are the people that manage wifi connections or technology? Try to find them and ask them about it. Sometimes they may have disabled necessary ports for connecting through Nintendo's online services.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Not what I meant. I saw the original thread yesterday, don't worry, I just want confirmation from someone with access to Famitsu.
OHHHH sorry, my bad. Yeah I'm not sure either, but it's an interesting idea. Sakurai I think mains Ganondorf so, IDK. The potential for it to be true is astonishingly high, which is shocking.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My current record is 170 battles. 143 wins and 27 losses though a few of those losses were for restarting reasons. I'd say about around 86% were with Ganon. The rest were with G&W. DK, Ike, and WFT.

Also, Old man grey is swiftly becoming my favourite Member here, purely due to the fact he's posting wrestling GIFs
Also, props to Grey Belnades Grey Belnades for the WWE gifs.
Thanks guys.

1392670035475.gif

I think I've seen all of them on /wooo/ before but it's great to see them regardless.
Oh no. I've been found!

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Current record as of this time is 225 wins, 28 losses.

This puts me at about an 89% win rate, almost all with Ganondorf and Ike.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Good games, first time I played another Ganon. Made me aware of a few things I didn't know before.
Same here. :) this will help me a lot to get myself ready for the tournament.

Last edited:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
They even include an image of his Warlock Stab.

I still wish he had a more unique moveset, but oh well. I do like the feel of him as Falcondorf.

Nevertheless, good to see the King of Evil in HD.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't Ganon seem more toonier than his counterparts here?

Did Sakurai go for a TP and WW mixup since Ganon wasn't in SS?

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't Ganon seem more toonier than his counterparts here?

Did Sakurai go for a TP and WW mixup since Ganon wasn't in SS?
I think it's mostly due to the general shift in artstyle, everybody looks cartoony.
BTW, i would kill for WW Dorf to join in the future.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice

this is too goofy. im looking forward to his victory screen faces

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I love how beautiful the scar looks in his HD model. You can really see the intense wrath in his facial expressions, too - very cool!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey Guys. I am playing Ganon in a tournament today! Hope I don't get destroyed!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok, that was BS! When this tournament was first announced, all custom moves were legal, and it stayed up that way. Then, 2 minutes before the tournament they were banned under the fallacy that “They were OP”! @Thinkaman, are there even customs that can even be considered overpowered? Even if that was the truth those individual custom moves should have been banned. I spent all of my time practicing with Customdorf(Because it really does help him a lot) and I ended up stuck with Defaultdorf, with almost no warm-up time with him! I know the phrase “No Johns” comes into play, but it was very unprofessional and unfair. It’s like banning a character 2 minutes before a tournament! I would have had a chance if they even told us 2 days before the tournament so I can practice for Ganon’s sake!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ok, that was BS! When this tournament was first announced, all custom moves were legal, and it stayed up that way. Then, 2 minutes before the tournament they were banned under the fallacy that “They were OP”! @Thinkaman, are there even customs that can even be considered overpowered? Even if that was the truth those individual custom moves should have been banned. I spent all of my time practicing with Customdorf(Because it really does help him a lot) and I ended up stuck with Defaultdorf, with almost no warm-up time with him! I know the phrase “No Johns” comes into play, but it was very unprofessional and unfair. It’s like banning a character 2 minutes before a tournament! I would have had a chance if they even told us 2 days before the tournament so I can practice for Ganon’s sake!
You should've buried them for this heresy.

16351656.gif

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
sup guys. figured i'd finally check in. do people even post here much? i'm a pretty decent melee ganondorf and i was a little too late to be good at brawl albeit having a solidified understanding of it, so hopefully smash 4 can be my time to shine.

i'll try and contribute to ideas/discussions.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Don't have a 3DS tournament until next week, but am going to a brawl tournament today. May just pop out my Ganondorf.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
sup guys. figured i'd finally check in. do people even post here much? i'm a pretty decent melee ganondorf and i was a little too late to be good at brawl albeit having a solidified understanding of it, so hopefully smash 4 can be my time to shine.

i'll try and contribute to ideas/discussions.
Honestly I think most of the character discussion forums have relatively low activity from what I've seen. I'd say if anything, the Ganon discussion is pretty nice while most of us are currently feeling optimistic about our favorite King of Evil.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Honestly I think most of the character discussion forums have relatively low activity from what I've seen. I'd say if anything, the Ganon discussion is pretty nice while most of us are currently feeling optimistic about our favorite King of Evil.
Ganondorf mains are extremely relaxed. I'm proud to be with all of you. What a great bunch of people.
Meanwhile, my girlfriend is very angry that the Bears are doing so badly and I am not sure what to say....

Эикельманн [РУС]

same way with us melee ganondorfs. our section might even be the most active in the entire forum. we get dozens of posts every day, at all hours of the day. :bee:

on another note, went to a tournament in tampa, florida and got 7th with ganondorf. lost to a sonic named manny and redhalberd (pretty good brawl MK, plays shulk in 4).

camden

Smash Apprentice
same way with us melee ganondorfs. our section might even be the most active in the entire forum. we get dozens of posts every day, at all hours of the day. :bee:

on another note, went to a tournament in tampa, florida and got 7th with ganondorf. lost to a sonic named manny and redhalberd (pretty good brawl MK, plays shulk in 4).
I met both of them at Apex this year. They're both really good players, so you can't even feel bad for losing to them.

Эикельманн [РУС]

I met both of them at Apex this year. They're both really good players, so you can't even feel bad for losing to them.
word, thanks for that. i made them both sweat and they were good matches. i have replays of the matches as well, but no way to upload them haha

also, got bodied at a weekly today by some random rosalina player. really have no idea how to deal with her :| any ideas yet?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
word, thanks for that. i made them both sweat and they were good matches. i have replays of the matches as well, but no way to upload them haha

also, got bodied at a weekly today by some random rosalina player. really have no idea how to deal with her :| any ideas yet?
You have to play aggressively against Rosalina, and it especially helps to be good at baiting. She will steamroll you for playing safe and conservatively in the conventional sense. You have to also keep in mind she is the 4th lightest character in the game, and very tall and isn't likely to accidentally duck under your aerials. Thus you really want to be attacking her, because any hits you land are going to matter a lot.

The thing that you should keep in mind is that Rosalina's punishes are considerably less dangerous when Luma isn't hitting you. So...as dumb as it sounds at first, you probably want to go ham against Rosalina whenever Luma isn't in a position where he's going to be able to punish you for attacking. It's not too terrible to get F-smashed by Rosalina if you swatted Luma away while you were approaching her. If she is grouped with Luma, you shouldn't be afraid to throw out big moves if they specifically will also swat Luma at the same time. This doesn't strictly mean you are playing stupid. I am telling you that the way you win this matchup is by trying to maximize your reward in the risks you take.

It's not actually THAT worth your time to just go out of your way to chase Luma, because KOing him only gives you about...~9 or so seconds of time to try to make a play on Rosalina, which is time that Rosalina can relatively easily waste running away from you. It's better if he gets swatted away in a moment where you were already pressuring Rosalina.

Don't be afraid to edgeguard her especially if she needs to recover low. Her Up-B does not have a hitbox, making it relatively simple to time an edge steal against if she aims for the ledge.

In my opinion, Gungnir is really good at this matchup and demonstrates the ideal way to approach it.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

You have to play aggressively against Rosalina, and it especially helps to be good at baiting. She will steamroll you for playing safe and conservatively in the conventional sense. You have to also keep in mind she is the 4th lightest character in the game, and very tall and isn't likely to accidentally duck under your aerials. Thus you really want to be attacking her, because any hits you land are going to matter a lot.

The thing that you should keep in mind is that Rosalina's punishes are considerably less dangerous when Luma isn't hitting you. So...as dumb as it sounds at first, you probably want to go ham against Rosalina whenever Luma isn't in a position where he's going to be able to punish you for attacking. It's not too terrible to get F-smashed by Rosalina if you swatted Luma away while you were approaching her. If she is grouped with Luma, you shouldn't be afraid to throw out big moves if they specifically will also swat Luma at the same time. This doesn't strictly mean you are playing stupid. I am telling you that the way you win this matchup is by trying to maximize your reward in the risks you take.

It's not actually THAT worth your time to just go out of your way to chase Luma, because KOing him only gives you about...~9 or so seconds of time to try to make a play on Rosalina, which is time that Rosalina can relatively easily waste running away from you. It's better if he gets swatted away in a moment where you were already pressuring Rosalina.

Don't be afraid to edgeguard her especially if she needs to recover low. Her Up-B does not have a hitbox, making it relatively simple to time an edge steal against if she aims for the ledge.

In my opinion, Gungnir is really good at this matchup and demonstrates the ideal way to approach it.
holy ****, this gungnir guy is incredible lmao

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Since Ganondorf is actually a starter in the Wii-U version, we could theoretically start my planned tournament on the release day.

But realistically, I believe most of us want time to practice and get familiar, and see if we can unlock all customs, in particular the FOOT DIVE. At the very least, this does save a decent amount of effort spent unlocking him.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
So after ages of floundering around with Lemmy, Sonic, and Dr. Mario, I tried out Ganon and immediately figured out he fit like a glove. I've been dominating on For Glory with him. Only issue I've had is fighting Greninja - it's been nearly impossible to get in on him. Any advice there?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You gotta find a way to threaten him without leaving yourself open to his dashgrab. Getting in Dtilt range is important. Try not to rely too much on spotdodging given the only things you can get from it are grab and jab assuming Greninja whiffs dashgrab. This is why getting close to Dtilt range is huge so he stops spamming projectiles and so you can try baiting him. Keep options like pivot Ftilt and sideB as well as DA open to capitalize on his mistakes.

iirc you can wizkick over grounded water shurikens, even when they're charged. Neat trick to keep handy.

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
How's it going guys. I haven't been around for a while but the new smash game has me coming back for more. I really miss AC Dair, but his custom moves more than make up for it. I'm also pleasantly surprised at how many of the people I remember are still here lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How's it going guys. I haven't been around for a while but the new smash game has me coming back for more. I really miss AC Dair, but his custom moves more than make up for it. I'm also pleasantly surprised at how many of the people I remember are still here lol.
It's just...quieter overall compared to before in most character forums.

And soon enough we'll actually get to try Ganondorf's juicy new DACUS on the Wii-U, which I believe more than makes up for losing AC D-air.

Top Bottom