• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
Possibly, then. I dunno your username, but I gotta relieve some stress after grad school. I swear, I'm really going to Warlock Punch someone. Forget about Falcon Punching, my rage is unreal. What's your username again?
I went by Bitte. Sound familiar, or am I just getting my hopes up pointlessly? :p

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I made a custom set for Ganon that maxed his defense. He is now impossible to get off the stage. My chuft is too strong for you, traveler.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Theme for the Dark Lord!

I'M STILL WAITING VERM!

Possibly, then. I dunno your username, but I gotta relieve some stress after grad school. I swear, I'm really going to Warlock Punch someone. Forget about Falcon Punching, my rage is unreal. What's your username again?
I think we have. Your name does seem familiar.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Since everyone is posting some music why not

Don't know why but I feel it fits considering ganon is bound by the limitations of "balance" from unleashing his true potential upon all the unworthy "fighters"

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ah, **** theme songs, let's just post some evil-ass songs.

- I actually used this as Ganon's victory theme in Brawl.

Last edited:

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
I think I'm actually considering Ganon for my secondary. He looks about the same as brawl but it seems with all the changes in 4, Ganon seems to hit like a truck compared to a lot of other characters.

Just trying to find a way around his tiny grabbing range, makes it hard to punish smash moves since I'm used to dodging and grabbing with the clown car...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Had an amazing euphoric moment where I crushed a Toon Link after breaking through zoning. God that felt so good, I am never dropping this character.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I managed to play smash for 3ds finally!

My conclusion: I bloody love Ganondorf and Dr. Mario.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
On a side note, holy cow do I love Ganon's Fair in this. I love how it has a hitbox above his head for the early active frames. You can, in theory, stuff an approach with it if you're smart on the recovery.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On a side note, holy cow do I love Ganon's Fair in this. I love how it has a hitbox above his head for the early active frames. You can, in theory, stuff an approach with it if you're smart on the recovery.
It always had that. (<-reeeealy old wifi match)

I swear...I will level up...at least somewhat when I get the Wii-U version. It is my goal to be good enough at this game to teach people how to get better by example.

I think I'm actually considering Ganon for my secondary. He looks about the same as brawl but it seems with all the changes in 4, Ganon seems to hit like a truck compared to a lot of other characters.

Just trying to find a way around his tiny grabbing range, makes it hard to punish smash moves since I'm used to dodging and grabbing with the clown car...
The key to Ganondorf is seriously making your opponent afraid of you. Ganondorf's ability to control his opponent depends on them understanding that they have to respect your attacks, which depends on YOU conditioning your opponent and knowing their habits.

Nobody wants to get bulldozed by Ganondorf's Dash Attack or F-air, and knowing how to punish your opponent's commitments with moves like those allows you to make your opponent scared of doing things recklessly when you are in range to punish. Eventually you WILL find just a few, but indeed a few opportunities where you WILL BE ABLE TO GET CLOSE. That is when grabbing people with Ganondorf is most effective. Just be aware that the cowards will attempt to spotdodge or roll away from you as you try to get your hands on them.

To give you a good idea of how to make people afraid of you, watch Gungnir's Ganondorf. Pay attention to how he often throws out moves in a way that lets him figure out his opponent's habits, and that when he does get close, he tends to wait a bit to make sure he's figured out how terrified his opponent is. Not to mention Gungnir has generally amazing intuition of risk vs reward and he spaces incredibly well.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anyone finding it hard to do smash attacks? I had no problem with it until a couple days ago and now I'm doing tilts like 33% of the time.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I honestly don't know where Ganondorf places now. He's almost certainly low tier until we do some research on DACUS. But more like bottom 15 low tier.

Just, his monstrous reward actually isn't a joke, even factoring that his moveset is risky by design. Ganon's ability to counter spacing though demands significant respect in neutral.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I firmly believe that Ganondorf is mid tier.

Probably low mid, but still mid tier. Possibly higher if people like Gungnir keep placing high in tourneys.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I don't think low tier is even that bad in this game, from what I can tell everyone besides Olimar is very playable and can do well against most of the cast, even with the top tiers being dominant (although they don't seem as dominant as in the past two installments but it's too early to tell for real)

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Mid tier with DACUS. Low mid tier without. Physics really helped him out in the long run. He can kill really early and have several unpredictable stunts. He still falls short to those really fast characters and characters who can zone him out, but he's still a force to be reckoned with if he breaks that barrier.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yep, he did. His name's Matt Hazard. Only saw the vid on FB; dunno if it's on Youtube yet.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I thought the same. And agreed. He's a good Ganon, but M2K's Sonic was... questionable. =P Just sort of ran into him a lot and played like he had to pee really badly.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Yeah, I thought the same. And agreed. He's a good Ganon, but M2K's Sonic was... questionable. =P Just sort of ran into him a lot and played like he had to pee really badly.
I was thinking more on the axis that even when he did manage to get a couple of hits in the first game, he couldn't even combo out of them. I've seen Sonics online combo out of those.

And yeah, him just getting bodied in the second game...

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, it was definitely sort of disappointing. A friend was hyping the set up a lot on FB, and being M2K, I didn't really question whether his skill's transferred over to Smash4. So when I saw the video, I was a little like "...uh"

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I honestly don't get the impression that Sonic fits M2K's playstyle. He should go back to Sheik honestly.

Top Bottom