• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Guys, I just had my most satisfying match ever as Ganon. Sure the player was a casual, but the domination was still beautiful.

1st Stock: 2 chain chokes. 1st was 6 long, the 2nd was 10 (at least). His teching wasn't the most unpredictable :p
Later, I kill him in neutral with a surprise turnaround f tilt.

2nd Stock: Run off the ledge, he pursues. Hop up, say " 'Allo poppit!" and Ganocide.

I love being evil.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hoooly crap, this is a very good day.

Okay, trying to calm down. Been establishing friendly communication with Pon on Twitter. He's another mad good Ganondorf, and he was holding a Q/A session. It reminded me to show him that we do similar stuff in our interview thread.

Oh yeah, and there's MASSIVE DESTRUCTION from Japan that's going to be uploaded to my youtube very soon. Featuring a lot of good Ganon players, including Gungnir, Pon, TSGanon, and a few others who I haven't yet learned to recognize because I fail at reading Japanese.

REGARDLESS yeah. Japan is awesome, and I should go there someday...when I actually feel like traveling.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hoooly crap, this is a very good day.

Okay, trying to calm down. Been establishing friendly communication with Pon on Twitter. He's another mad good Ganondorf, and he was holding a Q/A session. It reminded me to show him that we do similar stuff in our interview thread.

Oh yeah, and there's MASSIVE DESTRUCTION from Japan that's going to be uploaded to my youtube very soon. Featuring a lot of good Ganon players, including Gungnir, Pon, TSGanon, and a few others who I haven't yet learned to recognize because I fail at reading Japanese.

REGARDLESS yeah. Japan is awesome, and I should go there someday...when I actually feel like traveling.
Allow evil to arise all over the world. >:)

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I love that we're connecting with Japanese Ganondorf players. This is so excellent. This could certainly help us advance the meta at really good speeds : D.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So, I finally started playing ganon on a proper level in smash4, because lol no-one to play with

Are we all in agreement that ganon's divekick downb is ****ing amazing?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So, I finally started playing ganon on a proper level in smash4, because lol no-one to play with

Are we all in agreement that ganon's divekick downb is ****ing amazing?
Everyone except Ray_Kalm, partly because he highly values the kill potential of aerial DownB and because he dislikes whiffing on shorter characters at closer ranges.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I actually think Ray_Kalm stated that divekick is very useful but Wizard's Foot has utility in specific MUs, to be more specific. I can see the sentiment and I'd like to keep that in mind going forward.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I actually think Ray_Kalm stated that divekick is very useful but Wizard's Foot has utility in specific MUs, to be more specific. I can see the sentiment and I'd like to keep that in mind going forward.
All mu dependent, imo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thus far I'm enjoying the divekick, warlock stabbystab, and psycho crusher sideb. havent actually unlocked any upb's yet. Doing that now and hoping to see what we get :D

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Yeah. I have my custom movesets for Ganon set up like loadouts. I have one with dropkick and choke, another with dropkick and chain, and two more (one chain and one choke) with regular down b. Gotta be ready for any MU.

Edit: All of these have Dark Fists and Warlock blade. There's no reason not to have them lol

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Everyone except Ray_Kalm, partly because he highly values the kill potential of aerial DownB and because he dislikes whiffing on shorter characters at closer ranges.
Make that two. I'm not at all a fan of WDK. Its only legit utility would be for recovery and landing, imo. The anti-projectile hype doesn't stack up, mostly because any character whose projectile give us trouble are ones who don't throw them in straight lines while grounded, e.g. TL, Link, DHD, etc.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good news fellow Ganons: We still have supreme victory if we ganoncide a heretic with each remaining one stock. The same cannot be said to our Koopa King brethren.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Bowser can't jump/upB out of Klaw like in Brawl?
Nope they reversed it so Bowser dies instead and the opponent gets to jump out and attempt to recover. I think Meta Knight can possibly laugh at such a tactic now. With Ganondorf you as the Ganoncider always have the advantage.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So what did you guys want changed with Ganon for the .4 update? I find it so infuriated Ganondorf only got a Nair that was a few frames faster while he is still probably one of the worst characters in the game(even though I love him, I am not in denial of what is the truth). What is Sakurai thinking! He didn't even nerf Sheik and Diddy and instead nerfed greninja really hard. And other characters like Shulk got really buffed when he was still a better character than Ganondorf. I guess he just hates Ganondorf.........

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So what did you guys want changed with Ganon for the .4 update? I find it so infuriated Ganondorf only got a Nair that was a few frames faster while he is still probably one of the worst characters in the game(even though I love him, I am not in denial of what is the truth). What is Sakurai thinking! He didn't even nerf Sheik and Diddy and instead nerfed greninja really hard. And other characters like Shulk got really buffed when he was still a better character than Ganondorf. I guess he just hates Ganondorf.........
Sakurai stated that his favorite character in Brawl was Ganondorf, and that was Brawl Ganon. I doubt he hates him, he just likes him the way he is.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sakurai stated that his favorite character in Brawl was Ganondorf, and that was Brawl Ganon. I doubt he hates him, he just likes him the way he is.
I can imagine Sakurai's father looking exactly like Ganondorf. And a bad runner.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah. I have my custom movesets for Ganon set up like loadouts. I have one with dropkick and choke, another with dropkick and chain, and two more (one chain and one choke) with regular down b. Gotta be ready for any MU.

Edit: All of these have Dark Fists and Warlock blade. There's no reason not to have them lol
I like what you've done, I just have the one loadout atm, but will need to make more.
For the record, There are a few characters in which dark fists isn't the best option. mainly the super heavies, as the second hit doesn't connect after the first one on them (test it on dedede). Albeit it's no problem in the recovery position, but if you're going to try and use it OOS, it's a pain.

Make that two. I'm not at all a fan of WDK. Its only legit utility would be for recovery and landing, imo. The anti-projectile hype doesn't stack up, mostly because any character whose projectile give us trouble are ones who don't throw them in straight lines while grounded, e.g. TL, Link, DHD, etc.
This is very true, However it can be used to land a free hit on someone who uses a direct projectile. and there are MANY in this game. While it's not much major, it does add an element of fear to the opponent, making them reluctant to throw out those projectiles in the first place. the more we can make people scared to use certain tools the better!

Also, it has other utility, like always hitting horizontally, even in the aerial version. While it doesn't kill nearly as early it sets up for edgeguards quite nicely...besides, it's not like we're lacking in kill moves.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I actually stand corrected. I just booted up 1.0.4, and Ganondorf feels a lot better. Slightly faster running speed, low lag nair, faster uair, faster and less laggy fair, really does make Ganondorf a lot more viable.
Edit: Can anyone help me with a Dedede Mu? Dedede out spaces Ganondorf with his side b(even if I hit it back at him, dedede can hit it back at me), and with the update, he's a lot faster and has more reach than Ganondorf. He shuts down my flame choke, and is almost impossible to string. If I try to meet him in the air his hammer always has more priority over my aerials due to the disjointed hitbox... And he can gimp my Ganon so hard and can string aerials together..... I have never had this problem before but I think Dedede got buffed as well...... So any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I actually stand corrected. I just booted up 1.0.4, and Ganondorf feels a lot better. Slightly faster running speed, low lag nair, faster uair, faster and less laggy fair, really does make Ganondorf a lot more viable.
Edit: Can anyone help me with a Dedede Mu? Dedede out spaces Ganondorf with his side b(even if I hit it back at him, dedede can hit it back at me), and with the update, he's a lot faster and has more reach than Ganondorf. He shuts down my flame choke, and is almost impossible to string. If I try to meet him in the air his hammer always has more priority over my aerials due to the disjointed hitbox... And he can gimp my Ganon so hard and can string aerials together..... I have never had this problem before but I think Dedede got buffed as well...... So any help is appreciated.
You just haven't been playing actual decent D3s before. This has been an ongoing issue.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
hyped as all hell for the changes our man's getting

:smirk: AC dair pls

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
Oh man, how happy is Ganondorf at all these changes. Obviously he is smiling, or at least trying to.

Also first post here! Hello everyone! Main'd Ganondorf for 13 years now and figured I should connect with like minded people.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Oh man, how happy is Ganondorf at all these changes. Obviously he is smiling, or at least trying to.

Also first post here! Hello everyone! Main'd Ganondorf for 13 years now and figured I should connect with like minded people.
He's so happy he forgot how to smile.

Welcome, btw. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yup I was just perusing that thread today in fact. It's a shame that a lot of the pictures in that thread were deleted from photobucket.
I figured you were, the marathon ganon picture reminded me of it, and I had to go on a major hunt through the boards to find it....before realising that it was in the sticky.

I feel like we need a new version of that godlike thread....but at the same time, you can't replicate genius like that.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace

That smile reminded me of the smile from terminator 2

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I must say, with all the technology we have at our disposal today, it's not a surprise that we have movies and video games with amazing graphics. Furthermore, when fans, or people who aren't well-known, try to make an animated video or an alternate universe cutscene of a movie or game... you get something like this...

To all Legend of Zelda fans (particularly Ganondorf fans), I present to you the work of a fan on Youtube, who has spent a long time developing a fan-made video depicting how they envision the life of our well-known villain. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZliYTxhl0c

Cross-posting this to each LoZ social thread for viewing fun.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I just noticed that it's more difficult to do a running up smash now.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yeah, you have to Jump-cancel it now to get a sliding Usmash. They changed this mechanic so that you could no longer DACUS. RIP dacusing

ALSO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUMLykXI3o
**** yeah lets go SPEEEEEEDD GANNOOOOOOOOON
So basically, looks like we'll be sliding X to A for those dash up smashes. :p

A few frames difference, but could be essential.

Top Bottom