• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Sir, you have good taste in music, but I have a more fitting suggestion for the King of Evil.

I love that song! :D
But I do think the dark, brooding nature of Magus' Castle fits the Ganon boards better. It really nails Ganondorf's evil mystique.

Last edited:

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
Hello everyone pay no heed to my name it may bear a certain tunic wearing elf boy but none the less I am of Ganon and nothing else if anyone is up for it may I interest them in smash 3DS or so and is there a way to change my name actually?

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
Hello everyone pay no heed to my name it may bear a certain tunic wearing elf boy but none the less I am of Ganon and nothing else if anyone is up for it may I interest them in smash 3DS or so and is there a way to change my name actually?

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
'Ey folks! Long-time Ganon player here! I like what I've been seeing around here on the Ganon boards, so I thought I'd join up, talk shop, learn a thing or two, maybe teach a thing or two, who knows. I want to get as good with Ganon as I possibly can without completely obsessively devoting myself to Smash, and I've got as far as For Glory is gonna take me, I feel.

I'm always up for learning a thing or two, so anyone who wants to add me, my NNID is in my little profile doohickey to the left there. I have Smash for 3DS, but I rarely play it these days. Might put my 3DS FC on there in the future when I'm not feeling lazy.

Looking forward to Smashing with you guys, and demonstrating the Gerudo King's superiority to the rest of the world via various boots to their collective asses and skulls!

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
'Ey folks! Long-time Ganon player here! I like what I've been seeing around here on the Ganon boards, so I thought I'd join up, talk shop, learn a thing or two, maybe teach a thing or two, who knows. I want to get as good with Ganon as I possibly can without completely obsessively devoting myself to Smash, and I've got as far as For Glory is gonna take me, I feel.

I'm always up for learning a thing or two, so anyone who wants to add me, my NNID is in my little profile doohickey to the left there. I have Smash for 3DS, but I rarely play it these days. Might put my 3DS FC on there in the future when I'm not feeling lazy.

Looking forward to Smashing with you guys, and demonstrating the Gerudo King's superiority to the rest of the world via various boots to their collective ***** and skulls!
...I like this one. XD

Welcome! Good to have another among us who truly appreciates the King of Evil.

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
Also I apologize on that double post I was trying to only post once then by mistake it copied twice.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
The other day I was thinking to myself: "Why is the Ganondorf Community so awesome? Why is it so well-developed and fun to be a part of?"
I thought about it for awhile, and I came up with 2 answers:

1) We're one of the most active character communities.
We develop our meta, share our secrets, discuss MUs, and hang out a lot more than most other characters' players. We want our character to be the best he can be, and so we put a lot of work into developing him.

2) We love our character.
We really do. It's Ganondorf for life. We love his sophisticated brutality, and his evil playstyle. We love the reads, the techchases, and the punishes. We love placing our boot squarely between the eyes of our opponent. Most of all, we love making them fear him, as they should. After all, he is the King of Evil.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
We play a character that has a very huge emphasis on intelligent mind games and remaining calm under pressure. I believe it says a lot about the people who appreciate maining him.

The main thing that is really curious to me is the virtually complete lack of women who main Ganon. I feel this trend is especially noticeable in the Ganon community.

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
Are there that many women in the Smash community to begin with, comparatively?

Either way, I mean, the dude is both pure evil and pure testosterone incarnate. Makes sense he appeals more to male players.

The other day I was thinking to myself: "Why is the Ganondorf Community so awesome? Why is it so well-developed and fun to be a part of?"

We develop our meta, share our secrets, discuss MUs, and hang out a lot more than most other characters' players. We want our character to be the best he can be, and so we put a lot of work into developing him.

We really do. It's Ganondorf for life. We love his sophisticated brutality, and his evil playstyle. We love the reads, the techchases, and the punishes. We love placing our boot squarely between the eyes of our opponent. Most of all, we love making them fear him, as they should. After all, he is the King of Evil.
I can vouch for the second one, I've been a huge fan of the character since they changed him from a fat pig to a buff black-irish-arab warlock. Young me took one look at that artwork of Ganon about to punch Link in the face from OoT and was instantly won over. Plus I've always been a big fan of villains...!

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I have personally never seen any girls maining a male character other than Marth. Not saying there aren't any but from what I have seen, they usually main the strong female charas(ZSS, Peach, Zelda ect..) or the cute creatures like Pikachu or Kirby. Same thing in Pokemon where the female players never use the male trainer but quite a lot of males use the female trainer.

That said Ganon as a character is not really made for girls, so I agree with @ Shmeckie Shmeckie . Also, do I see another One Piece fan here?

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Also, we are devoted to our craft to the point that even our character was low tier, we continued to main him no matter what. Now that he's buffed, we can show our true power. *evil laugh*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Either way, I mean, the dude is both pure evil and pure testosterone incarnate. Makes sense he appeals more to male players.

I can vouch for the second one, I've been a huge fan of the character since they changed him from a fat pig to a buff black-irish-arab warlock. Young me took one look at that artwork of Ganon about to punch Link in the face from OoT and was instantly won over. Plus I've always been a big fan of villains...!
If we include casual players, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were only slightly fewer women who play Smash compared to men. Granted going by that, the relative number of Ganon players is even smaller.

I can imagine women playing characters like Link, Mario, and Captain Falcon casually. Not seeing that for Ganon in contrast.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ganondorf isn't a pick up and play character like Mario, Link, or Falcon. He requires experience and matchup knowledge to be played effectively. If a casual tried him out, they would most likely assume he's bad and move to another character. So since we have a disproportionate number of males in the competitive Smash scene, it would make sense that the only females to try him out would likely be casual players, and thus assume he's bad.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I don't mean to stereotype people, but my own experience with girls playing Smash is that they usually either gravitate towards cutesy(Pika, Kirby, Yoshi) or animeish(Link, Pit, FE) chars. When it comes to casual players, they tend to pick characters they find appealing moreso than who is good, and Ganon and Bowser do not exactly fit into that mold for most girls. If a girl picks a villainish character in Smash it is almost always Dark Pit.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

Today on the Marth MU board, we proved this. We are probably the only playerbase that could legitimately take over smashboards (not that we will;).

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Today on the Marth MU board, we proved this. We are probably the only playerbase that could legitimately take over smashboards (not that we will;).
Oh we definitely will. This was too fun to not repeat.
TODAY THE MARTH BOARDS, TOMORROW THE WHOLE SITE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Not so sure about that. The Zelda boards have been pretty aggressive. And who says we won't take over Smashboards? Conquest is in our blood. :4ganondorf:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Not so sure about that. The Zelda boards have been pretty aggressive. And who says we won't take over Smashboards? Conquest is in our blood. :4ganondorf:
In the Marth MU thread, I tagged some people to lead a full frontal assault with me on the Link boards. Unfortunately it looks like not too many people are up for it tonight, so I wanted to gather some people here to lead the attack tomorrow. The target is the Link Social Thread. We're gonna storm in and do what we do best - bring doom, death, and impeccable techchases and MU knowledge. And plenty of trash talk. It's time to let the Links know what's up, and that no green clad, tight-wearing fairy is going to oust the King of Evil, the Lord of the Gerudo, and the Master Thief.

Ganons, it's time we had ourselves a war. :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

etecoon

Smash Hero

Villains and antiheroes are often the most interesting characters but it seems to be especially true with Nintendo, Ganondorf and Bowser are my favorites out of the SSB4 cast and no one else really leaps out at me after that

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
In the Marth MU thread, I tagged some people to lead a full frontal assault with me on the Link boards. Unfortunately it looks like not too many people are up for it tonight, so I wanted to gather some people here to lead the attack tomorrow. The target is the Link Social Thread. We're gonna storm in and do what we do best - bring doom, death, and impeccable techchases and MU knowledge. And plenty of trash talk. It's time to let the Links know what's up, and that no green clad, tight-wearing fairy is going to oust the King of Evil, the Lord of the Gerudo, and the Master Thief.

Ganons, it's time we had ourselves a war. :4ganondorf:
I partly wish to join in your endeavor because the Link boards are just... But I don't have enough matchup info and I'm not fond of participating in an internet war. I wish you luck though, and don't break the rules either.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I partly wish to join in your endeavor because the Link boards are just... But I don't have enough matchup info and I'm not fond of participating in an internet war. I wish you luck though, and don't break the rules either.
It's not an internet war so much as it's instigating a rivalry. My thread illustrates my purpose a little better:
http://smashboards.com/threads/council-of-war-target-link.390103/
If you do decide to join me in this endeavor, please let me know in that thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619

True words. I came and lurked for the Ganon ATs, but stayed for the culture and community.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sooo, how does Link's infinite jab affect the Ganon MU?
Can't say. I don't think most Links have mastered it yet, either because there hasn't been enough time or because they believe it's just going to be patched out so there's no point in bothering.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Can't say. I don't think most Links have mastered it yet, either because there hasn't been enough time or because they believe it's just going to be patched out so there's no point in bothering.
I would't count on it being patched out as they would have to drastically change the properties of jab. Also, who knows. There are a lot of dedicated players so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there will be quite a few people mastering it. I am kinda worried for Ganons future(not just because of Link though)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I would check the MU thread on the Link boards. As far as I understand they are compiling the data on when and how the jab works on different characters over there. I haven't checked it out myself (waiting for them to finish all the lab work) but it works on most heavy characters at higher percents. We can definitely kill him before he initiates it but we'll have to be careful.

Some were saying that they would really only do 3-5 jabs before initiating the smash, so good DI may be able to save us.

EDIT: Correction, it's the Link's Metagame thread.

Last edited:

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Heya, I just created a Skype chat where I'll be gathering people from every char specific group, for MU discussion or friendlies.

Edit: link for some reason autocorrects to something else, just copy and paste this...

skype:?chat&blob=8dWUcz__4ed4SlQymHkEdKXQzCIElq_cW318zWNGWFxg03IFNk28BI1AaOBZVy2rL-bn0H7LQmXTlxTRXxmo9jE

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Brothers, I apologize for throwing us into this mess with Link. I acted too swiftly, and am sorry. On the upside, it's led to interesting MU discussion.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So, following this hectic turn of events, apparently an alliance has been forged between the Links and Ganons. @ Vermanubis Vermanubis would it be possible to create a thread that would appear on both the Link and Ganondorf boards? Like an alliance thread where we can chat and share info.

We also could get Zelda in on this alliance to complete the Triforce Tier. But no Tink. Everybody hates Tink.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So, following this hectic turn of events, apparently an alliance has been forged between the Links and Ganons. @ Vermanubis Vermanubis would it be possible to create a thread that would appear on both the Link and Ganondorf boards? Like an alliance thread where we can chat and share info.

We also could get Zelda in on this alliance to complete the Triforce Tier. But no Tink. Everybody hates Tink.
Zelda has already been included in this whole deal, and this alliance has been in the making since Brawl.
Anyway, I am a representative of the Ganondorf boards, as I have been doing this particular job for a long time now. @Mocha is our Zelda representative, while @ Naroghin Naroghin is Links representative. We all have our respected leaders as well, being Ray, Elessar, and Kurogane Hammer. In the meantime, I believe I should see what damage Zelda's have done towards Rosalina.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't think such a think can be done (at least, not at my level of moderatorship).

The idea of associating with Link is heretical, by the way.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I placed 2nd in an 8 man Round Robin tournament today and basically reclaimed my entry fee.

The only player I lost to was a Sheik, and the games were close. I believe I could have won if I was slightly more careful about managing my recovery, but I made a lot of technical errors due to nervousness and lack of experience.

Most of my opponents were clearly less skilled than me, and I didn't save any replays on my Wii-U. I was however happy that I beat a Ness player. This person was not bad at the game, but he called the game "Trash 4". Even after SDing, I convincingly beat him with good U-air edgeguards and ledge trump B-airs, and I believe I got to play the matchup pretty close to how it should play out on paper. Ganondorf does better against Ness than some characters because he has to respect Wizkick at all times, and his strong aerials can trade favorably with Ness with good spacing.

Everyone who participated was impressed by my Ganon, and said things like "Ganon is good?!"

Last edited:

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
Haha, oh, the doubters...

But yeah, nerves are why I could never play in a tournament. I always choke when a match actually means something, or has something on the line. That, and my skills are directly tied to how much fun I'm having, and when a match isn't about fun anymore, my abilities drop like a stone.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I don't think such a think can be done (at least, not at my level of moderatorship).

Hey, Dark Link is Link, too. That's probably the only reason I'm allowed to tread these halls without being immediately smote (that and maybe my long-time-coming switch to focusing on Ganon).

Edit: Btw, feeling honored to be both considered a brother to the dark masters (@ _Magus_ _Magus_ ) and a representative of the Link boards (@ Lozjam Lozjam ).

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey, Dark Link is Link, too. That's probably the only reason I'm allowed to tread these halls without being immediately smote (that and maybe my long-time-coming switch to focusing on Ganon).

Edit: Btw, feeling honored to be both considered a brother to the dark masters (@ _Magus_ _Magus_ ) and a representative of Ganondorf to the Link boards (@ Lozjam Lozjam ).
Fixed that for you good sir. I am a representative of Ganondorf, not of Link.
It is also nothing, you have earned your right amongst us.

It will make our quest of world domination much easier! We may finally complete the legacy of Demise, so we may free everyone of the curse of Hylia!

Top Bottom