• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GANON APEX THREAD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i was under the impression all GUA's are transcendant providing teh character uses their sword to get up

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hitboxes are transcendent. Characters are not.

Some characters have a lot more invincibility on their GUA than others (MK is a good example--he has ridiculous invincibility on his GUA). Some characters like Ganondorf have barely any invincibility... but they do have a hitbox protecting them. So you need to outprioritize their hitbox if you want to hit through their GUA.

Characters with swords/disjointed hitboxes actually tend to be invincible for a long time in their GUA, in addition to having a disjointed hitbox. MK, Marth, G&W, and Pit are all pretty much impossible to hit during their GUA, even if you don't go near their hitbox. For example, if you try to stomp them after Gerudo while they're doing a GUA, it will never work--not because of their hitbox but because they're invincible for a ******** amount of time.

So dumb /rage

Heartstring

Smash Legend
mk might as well be transcendant, he has like...3 moves in his entire arsenal that arent transcendant

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The worst thing is that 2/3 of those moves are actually better because they aren't.

Nado blocks projectiles, Glide Attack can't be hit through.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
as well as any other Ganonly activities we desire: arm wrestling competitions, poetry battles, and of course massive amounts of Ganon dittos.
Don't forget Beard Battles!

And don't forget to share yr pics with us! :awesome:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Man i just shaved, everyone's gonna have a head start on me.

BRB growing my beard... hopefully I'll have an inch or two by the end of the night

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Man i just shaved, everyone's gonna have a head start on me.

BRB growing my beard... hopefully I'll have an inch or two by the end of the night
brilliant
sadly im required to be clean shaven at one of my jobs so i cant compete. but i know my beard is bad anyway. theres a vertical strip down from my chin that grows a very low amount of beard, so i can have mega sideburns. but no full on beard :(

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Everyone who is registering for APEX should do it in the next two days, because registration costs go up after tomorrow.

Any further developments into the Ganon night? Which hotel room etc.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno, but if things pan out as i expect them to, i will be travelling from uk...alone
which means ill need to stay with people XD

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hehe well I doubt it would be tough for a single smasher to find a hotel room to stay at, even if the Ganons can't provide.

Just remember the Irn-bru / Mtn Dew trade! I'm still reasonably hyped about it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh yeah, the irn-bru! i almost forgot about that
well, i think my wii is no longer in the bag..either that or i choose to freeze by bringing no clothes...or wearing them all on the plane

oh yeah...i WILL be bringing teabags with me too, so if someone can provide a small portion of sugar and some milk, i will be happy to make a cracknig cup of tea for everyone
****s getting english
also i know xubble and mink were talking of having a room i could join, that would naturally become the ganon room i think XD

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
yeah bagged milk is almost the least appetizing thing I can think of.

it's worse than the triangle cartons that the Brits used to sell in vending machines, like in A Hard Day's Night

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
lol, a milk tap. that sounds like an innuendo if I've ever heard one...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah bagged milk is almost the least appetizing thing I can think of.

it's worse than the triangle cartons that the Brits used to sell in vending machines, like in A Hard Day's Night
...triagle cartons? go on im curious. what you talking aboot?

lol, a milk tap. that sounds like an innuendo if I've ever heard one...
i lost
the thing that gets me about bagged milk is the fact that it must be a pain in the *** to pour

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You put the bag in a seperate container to hold it, durr.

That way you don't really ever need to clean the container too often. You basically cut the corner off one end, and pour it from that. It's a pretty nice system I wouldn't trade for the world.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or5fS-JD8Hk&t=0m58s

I assumed this was the system that was still used in Britain. I guess I'm wrong.

BTW this movie is hilarious, I recommend watching the whole thing if you haven't already
ooh, my grandad talks about that thing, says it was a great invention XD

we stopped using that about the same time as that film and had glass bottles instead, which became plastic when it was easily recyclable
we do have various consumables that are censored words on here though, for example the word describing a homosexual starting with the letter F and ending in the letter T is a type of canned pie over here, whereas the shortened version ending in G is what we call cigarettes

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Interesting.

Not only did I not know fabulous ends with a T, the UK apparently has a pie named that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Same as SD.

This whole trip to Oregon has been unreal. I can't even regale the financial stress among several other kinds of stress it's put on my family. I swore up and down that I'd make it to Apex as my g'bye to Brawl (my location made the decision more than I did), but 500$ is just too much to muster right now without a job. I keep trying to think of ways to come up with the dough, but nothing's stacking up, short of asking for donations, which I'd sooner die than do.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well damn, looks like the first wave of tournament flakes are coming in
Im going to do so bad at this tournament if im anything like what i did this weekend

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
To be honest, GP, you'd be better off finding a room with a lot of people in it so you could split costs. I'm rooming with BionicSonic, Xiivi, Speed and a few others I can't think of off of the top of my head (wow that's a lot of genitive redundancy) for three nights and we're all only paying maybe 70-80$.

Top Bottom