• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GANON APEX THREAD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
It's beginning to look like this upcoming APEX will feature the most Ganonry ever assembled at a single Smash tournament.

Therefore, I propose that we plan (at least) one night of Ganonic goodness--an oxymoronic phrase in more ways than one--at some point in the weekend. In other words, all of the Ganon mains/players meet up at someone's hotel room for a night, and we can have a meet and greet of sorts, as well as any other Ganonly activities we desire: arm wrestling competitions, poetry battles, and of course massive amounts of Ganon dittos.

So let's start off with a list of who's planning on attending APEX 2011. Once the date draws nearer, and we all finalize our flight/hotel plans and such, then we can see who has a hotel room that can feasibly contain the ungodly amounts of Ganon that we plan on emitting.

Post here if you consider yourself to be a Ganondorf player and you're interested in meeting your fellow Gerudo brothers. And while I'd hate to exclude people, keep in mind that we WILL be guests in someone's hotel room; we can't invite a crazy amount of people. Known members of the Ganon community will be given priority.

So without further ado...

THE LIST

1. DLA (Midwest)
2. Vermanubis (West Coast)
3. Golden-psycho (England)
4. Gheb_01 (EU) [unconfirmed]
5. Supreme Dirt (EC)
6. Adumbrodeus (EC)
7. Bloodynite (EC) [unconfirmed]
8. Gunblade (EC)
9. Breezy (Midwest) [unconfirmed]

---

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
100% here. Can't wait!

I'd reserve the hotel room myself, but I don't deal in debit or credit ever since my bank ****ed my over a couple months back, so I can't be of much help there.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Kk added Verm.

If you guys want to reserve a Ganon hotel room for the entire weekend, then that would be hype as hell. However I'm gonna be staying with the rest of my Chicago buddies though so I'd only be able to visit. I'd imagine there will be others in the same boat as well, since people tend to stay with who they travel with.

It's still a little early to be making hotel plans though so we will just see how it pans out!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If it does happen, DLA, myself and whatever other third Ganon is selected better make some room in our wallets. :colorful:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
confirmed so hard for this
i remember the days of high school when poetry was the kind of thing you did if you were wussy. now it makes you ganonic
im unsure of if anyone else from england is coming, if thats the case i would be glad to ave an entire wekend with the ganons. or anyone else who i speak to. but yeah XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you can never chill with too many people
i vote if we have our ganon day its the friday evening so that me and dirt can practise for EXTREME GANON DOUBLES on saturday

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I thought doubles started friday? Only assuming that since that's how it was at G2 and I'm too lazy to check the thread.

Oh and that reminds me... Verm you want to team? I'll give you first dibs before I start asking around haha.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's the guy that used to spam the "Ganon hits like a bus full of fat people" fad.

:059:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh right lol, I remember that.

Always made me laugh, even though it really shouldn't have.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
back in the day a.k.a: before i even knew smash bros. existed
and i laughed, because ganon really does hit like a bus of fat people

Heartstring

Smash Legend
booked my flight a few days ago, so very hype
are we gonna have a ganonic hotel room or something? i know for certain that ill want to share a room with people, my wallet cant take too much damage

Breezy

Smash Ace
I might, and thats a huge might, come out there. If anything it'll be a megabus. But if I do, dibs on the third Ganon for Ganon Challenges.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Do it breezy.

Gunblade might complain if you get the third Ganon Challenge spot but I'd support it since you're one of the only dudes still repping Ganon in tournament. I heard you just took a game off of MN moe's MK with Ganon... way too good. He just 2-0'd my ganon last weekend :(

But yeah apparently we're gonna make mad bank off of the Ganon challenge so keep in mind that you can use that money to help pay for the bus ticket. I'll even chip in my winnings for your ticket if you need it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Do it breezy.

Gunblade might complain if you get the third Ganon Challenge spot but I'd support it since you're one of the only dudes still repping Ganon in tournament. I heard you just took a game off of MN moe's MK with Ganon... way too good. He just 2-0'd my ganon last weekend :(

But yeah apparently we're gonna make mad bank off of the Ganon challenge so keep in mind that you can use that money to help pay for the bus ticket. I'll even chip in my winnings for your ticket if you need it.
As much as I love Gunblade, I agree with this. I want three Ganon reps in the ring.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ganon challenge is far too funny. thus far, im the only person in the uk to beat the ganon challenge (im also the only ganon in uk, so yeah XD)
whats the fee for the ganon challenge anyway?

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
awwww man.....I am a Ganon Challenge original.....oh well. if you need the cash for a ticket or something I will be glad to give my spot. I will just do it with Atomsk and Vex. more than enough Ganons to go around. lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
More than one ganon challenge would be dumb, and I don't want it to have to exclude our fellow dorfs. IMO we should combine our forces and do a ganon gauntlet of sorts: challengers take on a gauntlet of up to 7 ganondorfs in a series of 1 stock, 3 min, 10 lgl, best of 1 sets. The challenger has to beat every ganon in order to win the challenge.

The only catch is that ganoncides count as a win for ganon no matter what.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
More than one ganon challenge would be dumb, and I don't want it to have to exclude our fellow dorfs. IMO we should combine our forces and do a ganon gauntlet of sorts: challengers take on a gauntlet of up to 7 ganondorfs in a series of 1 stock, 3 min, 10 lgl, best of 1 sets. The challenger has to beat every ganon in order to win the challenge.

The only catch is that ganoncides count as a win for ganon no matter what.

this is brilliant
i also think that-on the ganon evening-we should have ganon vs. ganon crews, and the teams selected like you would for playground football/soccer. two best people on different teams and then have each person take turns to choose a guy to go on their team

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm sure we'll get a Ganon tournament or crews or something going at the Ganon hotel room.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my god this is going to be so epic

also ive done some research into ganondorf and stutterstepping, ill put what ive found (i think its new) in the social
edit: disregard that^
i jsut rediscovered the salmon smash, and there was me thinking i was onto something new :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
still, i figure that it makes for a great way of fsmashing a getup attack.
dash back>dash forward-Fsmash gets us out of the way of most getup attacks from a side-b and allows us to smack them in the jaw with our elbow, ill be trying this out for people who like to getup attack

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Our FSmash actually outprioritizes every single GUA in the game except for MK's.

Since MK's is transcendent :(

But if you space it it still hits him.

Unless of course I missed some GuA that does more than 17%, but I'm pretty sure none are that strong.

Top Bottom