• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of the Poké Center

Mewter

Smash Master
Terrador14 ?
I don't think he's posted here at all this year, and he only has 120 posts.
I'm not sure how many posts he's made here, but he's made a couple in the Rate My Team forum.

I don't know. :\
Does anyone know him?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
At the moment everything else seems fine. You can blow them all up now. :D
Inactivity-wise? Sure. Contribution-wise? I don't think so.

If after the directional shift we need more people out, we'll figure stuff.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Terrador14 ?
I don't think he's posted here at all this year, and he only has 120 posts.
I'm not sure how many posts he's made here, but he's made a couple in the Rate My Team forum.

I don't know. :\
Does anyone know him?
Yeah he IS sorta gone.

I guess you can add him to the inactivity kick.

After we settle this I think next should be getting rid of Pokemon Researchers... not exactly good enough at Pokemon for this....

After that, we should work on how this whole forum and subforum thing is going to work.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
22/63 hmmmm?

That's ~35%.

Doesn't sound quite like what Ulti first said about everyone and their mothers becoming researchers.

41 member group....yeah that feels right, since we've been hitting ~30 people online at once a few time recently.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I said everyone and their mother CAN become researchers.

:/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Before we start deciding whether or not people are unfit to be a Researcher we actually need a set of criteria for it. And personally, I think "not being good enough at Pokémon" shouldn't be one of them. It is Pokémon RESEARCHERS (at least at the moment) after all, not Pokémon BRoomers. Besides, how exactly do you determine how good someone is? I placed 4th in the mono-type tourney we had a year or so ago, but I wouldn't consider myself to be that great at competitive Pokémon at all.

We keep discussing the topic of what a Researcher should have, but we never seem to come to a conclusion.

Mewter

Smash Master
I think getting rid of them looks like a good idea. :\

Here's basically what I posted in that other thread:
We don't know why we should keep them, what they'll even do, or what you need to qualify for it. Right now it's kinda "wait guys, we need to think of something to keep our color around." The current job isn't even working.

Until we think of an excuse to keep it, there's really no reason to.

edit:
10 IMOs

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, but the point that some of the members listed don't even post in our PokeCenter is enough of a warranty to remove them from the Researcher group.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Should we contact these no-shows and tell them we're(Re:Spire) stripping their title?
I don't think so. The fact that they applied for the title but didn't post in the PokeCenter means that they didn't or at least seemed not to care much about it anyways, so removing them would be doing them a favor.

I bet most of them won't even notice.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
What the Pokemon Researcher is and should be

What it is:

The Pokemon Researcher user group was created to build Strategy Pokédex. That project has been rendered completely useless due to Smogon and Serebii. What we currently have is a subforum for exclusive use only by the now-defunct researcher user group, so essentially a useless subforum. Because there's no real research to do anymore, why keep the user group at all? Simply: many members identify themselves with it because they're proud of their beloved game series and all the work and devotion they give to it.

What is should be:

The Pokémon Master user group should replace them. These members will only be admitted upon observation for posting strongly in the competitive and/or project subforums (which will be the successors to The Rating Room and Pokémon Research). The user group will exist as a reward for contributing extensively to the forum, kind of a combination of Smash Writer and BRoomer without access to a back room.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Spire's summation abilities are top-notch.

I'm a bit iffy on the second part, though-mainly cuz I feel I wouldn't qualify.

Oh well. Sounds right and good.

We should have a Back Room, now that you mention it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Nicely written, Spire. Should you post this in your Reformation Thread as well, as to maybe preface the results of the Pokemon Researcher Co-Leader as well?

Edit: Ehh...let's not have a Back Room. :\

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Spire, maybe you could make another one of those pretty graphs?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
If people really want a BRoom, just make a social group and only allow worthy PC members admittance.

I'd be willing to start it if we end up making it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Again, let's not have a Back Room.

I'd hate bringing this up now that it's been so quiet and peaceful without it, but the Starmie / Mad business was almost a part of that, basically.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Okay, so it was Mewter, my bad.
That sounds like a good idea, eliminating everyone who doesn't know the game inside out. ;)
SARCASM IF YOU COULDN'T TELL.

I think at least knowing the game's basic mechanics (IV's, EV's), knowing how to build a team, and keeping up to date with the Pokemon games is enough. That should probably be the basis of the qualifications.

Here's a graph of what I think the expectations should be if the group stays around. I thought it would be better to put it in a visual form:

You can use the same graph and edit it to your liking, since that will probably make it easier.

Edit:pink Reaper has a point there.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ohh. I honestly had no idea what graph you were talking about, so I thought it was Spire you were referring to, and I was being curious.

That graph definitely needs some contributions aspect as a part of it though, as provided in Spire's new description summaries.

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master

That okay?

Edit: Lol Pokecenter worth.
Members are expendable. :p

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
1. Diverge the poke center into three separate boards:
Competitive Discussion
General Discussion
Project Discussion
This helps promote all aspects of the board equally, and keeps fads from disrupting the work of other boards (such as a new game being released or a shake up in the metagame like manaphy in OU).
I love this idea. With everything in the same place now, it gets really confusing. This would organize the PC, and get rid of the ridiculous amount of stickies, because each sticky could be put into its respective sub-section.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
@Vrael: That's basically what's we're planning on doing, except that Competitive and Project are going to be sub-forums of General Discussion.

EDIT: I also agree with the chart except I think that knowing only about the metagame is about even with knowing the story of the games.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think that we should kick anyone who isn't an actual poster in the Poke Center, but still has the title. That means anyone, regardless of knowledge. After an amount of time, we should purge the PC of anyone who hasn't posted over a certain timeframe.

I also think a back room is a pretty horrible idea. The system we have now, where people can see, but can't post is perfect as it is.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Agian, if people really want a BRoom, just use a social group as one. Posting is limited to those who are members and you can make it so others can see what has been posted if you want.

But I agree to no real BRoom.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, a BRoom isn't necessary and wouldn't serve much purpose. That was beside the point though, since I don't think we were aiming for or going to get one anyway.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My opinion on what things should look like for Pokemon Researcher.

M.K

Level 55
My opinion on what things should look like for Pokemon Researcher.

This is all fine and dandy, really truly, I completely agree with a the Researcher Reform of 2010.
Yes, this is great, but what are we actually going to do?
I think this is the main problem of trying to decide who is going to be admitted into the group and who is going to be kicked out; what are the requirements, because WHAT are we actually trying to do?

Movesets? Strat. Pokedex is dead.
Competitive Hub? Smogon monopolizes.
SmashCAP? Does this really require a group?
Sprites? Not enough interest and deciding quality would be touchy.
New Information? Please, we GET all of our information from Serebii or Smogon. -_-

See, I think it's imperative that we find out what we are going to actually accomplish before deciding who is worthy of being kicked; HOWEVER, I DO like the idea of kicking people who ave never posted in the Poke Center. That's just ********.:urg:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, there are plenty of coloured groups that don't do anything. What do blue names do? What do orange names do? What do dark green names do? Nothing.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Dark green names indicate who is cool and who is not. Aside from that you're right, the other colors don't do anything.

Top Bottom