• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of the Poké Center

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It won't just be giving news for Black and White, it'll also be giving news for less important games which don't even tend to receive threads sometimes (like PokéPark Wii), and events, which really do not require new threads. The existence of events is really what sparked the idea for me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That was just an example. If a new game is coming it should get its own thread, regardless of how popular or unpopular it is. I would say events can have their own threads as well. If I specifically want to talk about a event I should be able to go to a thread for it. This brings me back to what I had mentioned earlier. If someone comes in wanting to talk about the Celebi event and can't find a thread for it what do they do?

If the news item mentions the Celebi event but I can't actually discuss it there where do I go to discuss it? HGSS thread? Competitive discussion? I'm trying to see how this doesn't needlessly complicate things. Every bit of news would already be covered in its related thread.Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of it at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We can include links in the news posts to threads that they can discuss such matters in. That would easily solve it. If there are no adequate threads and/or it's HUGE news that warrants a new thread, then we'll note that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It will be Pokemon Research for like the first 6 months after Bk&W comes out though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll make sure to discover a decent set on a Pokemon before someone on Smogon does.

>:(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Right. They discovered the ditto glitch after a few weeks HGSS came out. Smogon have a million of dedicated people on it and we only have a handful. Its for sure that all major discoveries will go to them. Why do you think that Smashboards is under the radar? Because all we have are 30 users at the most on and only a foruth are people who take this seriously. Trust me, considering our odds, Smogon will get all the juicy stuff.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its been 4 years after release and Smogon people STILL haven't made a good LeadTar, and I have.

Sometimes Smogon isn't THAT fast.

Also the Ditto glitch came from a Japanese message board, was found and posted on Gamefaqs, and spread around the interwebs from there.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow I fhought that Smogon discovered that... Well then change that from the Ditto glitch to rng. Im for sure they were the ones who came up with THAT

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Right. They discovered the ditto glitch after a few weeks HGSS came out. Smogon have a million of dedicated people on it and we only have a handful. Its for sure that all major discoveries will go to them. Why do you think that Smashboards is under the radar? Because all we have are 30 users at the most on and only a foruth are people who take this seriously. Trust me, considering our odds, Smogon will get all the juicy stuff.
Well then we'll just work hard and doing so.

What/When will the Research Forum be renamed?
Co-Leader business comes before that, I'm assuming.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Problems are already starting to brew with SmashCAP being stuck in Pokemon research.
We need another Subforum JUST for projects, then a Public or Private (I personally think it would be cooler private :3) Room for only Pokemon Researchers to post in.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I want to be able to talk about SmashCAPs and discuss problems/strategies, too~ :dizzy:

Research Forum messes that up for me! :(

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
SmashCAP Projects are for the community to work on together, and therefore are all posted in the PokeCenter when they start. When they conclude I ask Spire to move the finished thread(s) to Pokemon Research.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah but Chill is saying now that they need to go in the Pokemon Research area immediately :/

ss118

Smash Master
is there anyone who can figure out how to make a shoddy server?

I promise I've been trying my best.

Otherwise the only issue I see comes from threads that literally have over 9000 posts, specifically the spriting thread(not sure if it exists anymore). I think it simply needs to be closed and a new thread is opened to give it a more organized feeling. Also having all the artists being the actual first posts would help with confusion.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mood4Food and ChiboSempai have both been working on a Shoddy server.
Mood4Food knows he can setup the server for sure once he gets out of school.

In the case of the Sprite Thread, most of the original artists in the (couple of) opening posts do not post there much anymore. Newer artists (Roacherman, Charmander) are the members who commonly do requests.

Nice to see you again, Articanus. :)

-Terywj

M.K

Level 55
is there anyone who can figure out how to make a shoddy server?

I promise I've been trying my best.

Otherwise the only issue I see comes from threads that literally have over 9000 posts, specifically the spriting thread(not sure if it exists anymore). I think it simply needs to be closed and a new thread is opened to give it a more organized feeling. Also having all the artists being the actual first posts would help with confusion.
Umm....you realize that thread is kinda-sorta-completely-entirely LEGENDARY, right?

IC3R

Smash Lord
SmashCAP Projects are for the community to work on together, and therefore are all posted in the PokeCenter when they start. When they conclude I ask Spire to move the finished thread(s) to Pokemon Research.

-Terywj
Yeah, but then you have threads like "SmashCAP2 has a versatility issue", and I can't post anything useful because I don't have posting rights in that forum. :ohwell:

(What's funny about that thread is the OP is the winner of the Movepool Poll. :laugh:)*

*Note: Not the useful post.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I really would like to get the whole SmashCAP business sorted out now by Chill, since he is the only person who objects having SmashCAP threads in the PokeCenter. For those of you who didn't read it, here's what I said.

Terywj said:
How come though? SmashCAP is a community project. Placing them into the Research forum limits to only Researchers, which is against what the point of the project is for.

Or you could make everyone in the PokeCenter community a Pokemon Researcher, which defeats the purpose of making the title altogether. I posted this before, and stated that since the SmashCAP projects are for the community, they should be posted in the PokeCenter. This is something I've done since SmashCAP 1. Once concluded I ask Spire to move them to Pokemon Research as to not clutter up the PokeCenter.

The whole point for this thread (as well as the other SmashCAP threads) is to let the community discuss and create what we believe are the most suitable X (typing, ability, etc.) for the design concept. Giving SmashCAP voicing to only Researchers is stupid, and defeats the purpose entirely.
While I do believe certain threads like SmashCAP Theorymon and SmashCAP Revisions should take place in the Research subforum, all the others are completely viable to be posted in the PokeCenter, where they allow the entire community a chance to work on them.

This has to be ironed out before I start SmashCAP 3, since I don't want to get infracted by Chill if I post the Openings Thread in the PokeCenter.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ Terywj - I've devised a solution and am currently in talks with Chill about it. Just hang on, it's all good. By hang on, I mean hold off on SmashCAP 3 for a little while.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@ Terywj - I've devised a solution and am currently in talks with Chill about it. Just hang on, it's all good. By hang on, I mean hold off on SmashCAP 3 for a little while.
Alright. Understood. I was going to do that anyways.

In the meantime...Community Create-A-Team will be coming up shortly.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Actually, Articanus made a CCAT during SmashCAP 1, but it didn't work out due to his inactivity. He stated he would remake it but then he stopped with competitive Pokemon.

I might as well give it a go. The community asked for more projects (Annoying actually brought up the CCAT) so I'll fulfill that role.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm pretty sure at some point and time someone made that and it died.

Edit: NINJA.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
CCAT Thread is up, and I'll get back to work on NU to OU as well.

Since the discussion / mention of more projects were brought up what other kinds of projects would you guys like to see?

-Terywj

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There's actually a really simple explanation for this. I wasn't aware that being a researcher was required to post in pokemon research. I thought researcher was simply a title for pokemon enthusiast (lol we'll fix this soon enough) similar to the WWYP author usergroup. You can probably expect Pokemon research to be a forum without posting restrictions once we revamp the group itself.

Spire, aim chat nao! :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, without any room for us to exclusively post in.... there's no point for this title to even exist, honestly.

Just sayin'

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Which is why I was arguing before. SmashCAP Threads are posted in the PokeCenter to let the community work on, and when they're done I ask Spire / Chibo to move the finished thread(s) into the Research subforum because that will prevent clogging of the PokeCenter.

But Spire told me to wait on it so I will.

Edit: If we're to wait for the Researchers group to be revamped (Co-Leader, direction, etc.) than we're going to be a long ways away from SmashCAP 3. :p

-Terywj

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well, without any room for us to exclusively post in.... there's no point for this title to even exist, honestly.

Just sayin'
I would disagree. I think the title is weakened by the sheer amount of people who have it not wether you have a private room or not. What reason do researchers have for a private room anyways if everything is done publicly? It's not like we're making tier list back there.

You also have to look at thing from a mods perspective. We don't get to add sub forums or rooms at will. We can't just snap our fingers and get what we want. These things take time.

In the meantime if you're finding it difficult to proceed with the amount of researchers (read; everyone and their mom) that seems to me to be very telling.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We've been well aware of that. That was the whole point behind having the Co-Leader poll and weeding out the Researchers who haven't posted at all. We have the list I believe in one of the Reformation Threads in the Research subforum.

We've been saying how in the near future poeple who plan to be Researchers must have certain knowledge of competitive Pokemon and be at least a decent contributor to the forums.

UltiMario said:
Blank Researchers
KageMurhpy
BEHR
outofdashdwz
TheReflexWonder
YagamiLight
Zrky
NJzFinest
That's not all that many, especially since half of those have been contributors in the past.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pokémon Researcher List

-ANTI-
0RLy
9Kplus1
:mad:
annoying1359
A_man13
BEHR
bowser king
Bunny :3
c3gill
Cease Tick
charmander1065
ChiboSempai
Chiko_
CRASHiC
DaShizWiz
Dazwa
Druggedfox
Firus
Gates
Hobobloke
Hylian
JesiahTEG
KageMurphy
KevinM
KrazyGlue
M3D
Megalomaniac
Meta-Kirby
Metal~Mario
Mewter
Mic_128
MLG_JV
Niiro
NJzFinest
outofdashdwz
Pink Reaper
Player-4
R@vyn
roacherman
Rumikun
SilentVerse
Spire VI
SpiredMoth
ss118
supermarth64
Teran
Terrador14
Terywj
The Cape
ReflexWonder
TheTantalus
Ugg
UltiMario
Umbreon
WouW
WriterKupo
xLeafybug =D
YagamiLight
Zook
zrky

The Boot List:
-ANTI-
9Kplus1
BEHR
Bunny :3
Cease Tick
Chiko_
DaShizWiz
Dazwa
DruggedFox
Hobobloke
KageMurphy
KrazyGlue
Niiro
NJzFinest
outofdashdwz
R@vyn
Rumikun
Terrador14
The Cape
TheReflexWonder
TheTantalus
Ugg
YagamiLight

Any objections or additions?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What's someone like Dazwa or even MLG_JV doing on that list?

Well I guess it would depend until after we get the new Researcher direction, but I guess that should suffice.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dazwa can be kicked. MLG_JV is a member of every user group because he's SWF's overlord. Any others I should add to the boot list?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I can't say I could add anyone based off inactivity.
However... if you're also kicking people that don't really deserve the title... thats a different story.

Top Bottom