• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Melbourne Smash: A community update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Smashers may have noticed some significant developments that have occurred in Melbourne's tournament calendar.

*** Before I go ahead, I would like to sincerely thank Melbourne TO's: Attila, Condog, Vermy and X, for their contributions in the consultation process. ***

Ever since three tournament series for Melbourne Smash emerged, there had been an unspoken concern (on SWF) about the frequency of tournaments in Melbourne's calendar. The Melbourne scene's strength was being challenged, because TOs were inadvertently making themselves competitors against each other's tournaments.

Subsequently, each series faced lower turnouts, lower interstate attendance, decreases in the pots and three times the expenditure for running costs, when it never needed to be. If the existing arrangement continued, all of the tournaments would not have been viable in the long-term, or perhaps even the short-term.

In a positive nod to Sydney's scene, which runs both games simultaneously and independently within one roof, Melbourne has come to an agreed decision to model its regular tournament offerings through an act of consolidation.

X (<3) and Attila (<3) have postponed their tournaments until further notice.
Condog and Vermy will be hosting 3 Stock'd simultaneously and independently of CAOTIC's Melee series, under one roof, once a month, with CouchWarriors.

This means the Melee and Brawl scenes will be reunified and all attention and efforts will be driven into one event a month. This has enormous benefits, including increased overall attendance, increased staff/logistical/financial support, larger pots, access to more resources, and an increase in overall interstate interest; hype.

As a Brawl player or Melee player, you have nothing to worry about. Everything you know and like about 3 Stock'd and the Melee monthlies will remain the same and will continue to serve the needs of their respective communities within their own threads.

But now we're doing this together.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah lack of player dedication makes 3 tournaments pretty hard.

At least this makes it easier for me to get permission to go to all the tournaments, Melee and Dekar ftw.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't just thank me! Thank the other guys too! They made this happen!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/knG4FULN5Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/knG4FULN5Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
This is much better as long as everything can go over smoothly, This stops people from going to brawl tourneys just to hang out with other people that don't go to the CW monthlies and vice versa <3

Vlade

Social Outcast
It's nice to see everyone uniting again, personally I've never been a big fan of having melee and brawl on the same day but the benefits towards the growth and development of the community certainly outweigh anything else which could be considered

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
about time tbh
we're gonna need lots of tvs
More like we need more people to bring consoles. For both CW and 3 Stock'd last weekend, there were idle TV's with no Smash setup. But I understand your concern and will buy more TV's so I can drown in them with the 7 already in my room.

I think I'll buy 3 more to have a solid 10.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I agree with this. Cao is awesome. <3

Like I'll always play Melee if it's there even if I suck at it and once a month for both games simultaneously is the best option. Attendance ftw.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
More like we need more tables that we can place TV's on

Meta people will be more then willing to teach you to play, however the mentor will depend on what character you wish to play =)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nope pretty sure cao/em could teach almost any character to anyone very well
if you wanna be gudz ask them

kupo

Smash Lord
Pft, I'm terrible. I just watch vids and play!

Just gotta keep playing and get the feel for it. If you're committed and willing to put the time into learning, you'll be beastin' in no time. Each person learns differently!

I'm gonna try brawlawl at the next monthly. It's going to be..fun. >_> Haven't touched the game for almost a year.

I've got a cube and wii(no brawl data), but only have 1 copy of melee. If anyone can supply another melee game, I'm happy to bring the two consoles along.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Change for the better guys, get hype. C-dizzle and Vermy ftw. <333 to Cao, put it in better words than I ever could. =3

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Sure learn from those two....if you want to be Volcano kicked or 3 stocked by neutral A's xD. Where're Mark or Cobalt...those guys know what they're talking about! Learn from them. xD

Brawl at the same time as Melee? I can't go Ike anymore?

strawhats

Smash Master
Hey...guys I wanted to let all of you know, in case you didn't already that there will be 2 Huge tourneys in America. We hope your top players as well as many of you guys decide to go Apex 2 (World Wide International Tournament. From August 6-8) and/or G.A.M.M.E (florida tourney from June 5-June 7).
it would be nice if you guys could join the hype that is Apex 2...which promises to feature top Brawl players/Melee players OF JAPAN (legends such as Captain Jack, Tani, possibly Masashi, Bombsoldier, Thunders, Kou, S-royal), Korea (Korean DJ, other players) Panama (their top players), Mexico (Mexican Twins/Javi and Tuga, along with Rael, Maximus, and other top players from this region), Brazil (trying to get the legendary kizzu and Walks to go, along with other confirmed players...Aisengobay, Hell, Quip possibly), Europe's best from (Armada, EK, Helios, Calle W, Amsah, Adam, Faab, Zgetto, Poilon, Ice, Remen, Strawhat Dahean, Overtriforce, trying to get Aldwyn, Seretur, Dax, Neutroni, Peki, Lal Tsuna, Smash Alex, Fuzzyness and a few more Germans and Austrians to go) Puerto Rico's best (Lord HDL, Ling Ling, Excel Zero, Eval, and a few more) Canada will be there in full force (Bam, Vwins, Dieslow, Blunted Object, Kage, Raynex, PKMVodka, Diakonos aka Manli, Unknown, Noobking, Afro Chis, I.B, Cowear, Hitsugaya, etc...) Hawaii will also be there (tring to contact the legendary Darkmusician...Greatest Zelda main to date) Bahamas will be there (JBOPS, and his peeps repping the Islands).

Not to mention you get to meet so many old school melee players who now play Brawl/still playmelee

Ninjalink, DSF, Jash, D.B.R (Germ, Hella, Silent Spectre, SideFX, The King possibly, Mango/a new member and the best player in the World), M2K, PC CHRIS, Cactuar (he says he's retired after Pound 4 but he lives in Philedelphia whih is too close to New Jersey where Apex 2 is being held), ISAI IS BACK, HugS (legendary Samus), Neo, Wes, Bum( mostly play Brawl now but Mike G one of the best and most legendary peach players, and who will also be at Apex 2 is trying to get them back into melee), TAJ, AZEN, CHILLIN, FORWARD, DARKRAIN, maybe Sethlon (we'll see).

BTW DOES OLI STILL PLAY MELEE? if yes please tell him about this tourney.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Ninjalink is my Roy hero, Apex 2 sounds really hype.

Anyway, good to see you smash guys getting your act together.

I'm going to bring my component splitter to every cw (as long as it gets used). It's a 4way splitter, that means you could split the same signal to a projector, recorder and two TVs (P1 and P2) or however you want to set it up.

I hope this assists you guys in your hype, hype your finals!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SD should come down to Melbourne just to M.C the finals. It'll be real cuted.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
it would be nice if you guys could join the hype that is Apex 2...which promises to feature top Brawl players/Melee players OF JAPAN (legends such as Captain Jack, Tani, possibly Masashi, Bombsoldier, Thunders, Kou, S-royal),
wtf did this come from? as far as im aware, im the only one recruiting the japanese, and havent talked to a single one of those players yet. not to mention half of them dont even play anymore. hype is good, but lying compromises your integrity.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
@ Strawhats : I'd come to vs Neo had I the money....but he wouldn't show anyhow :O. Mike G < KO's Peach...tell him I said that if you like :p. Shame you didn't hype up Kaiser or I'd have come - Kaiser ftw xD

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i'll be looking foward to coming back on the scene this month i can bring my tv and wii

i go through jobs like crazy.. might have to go back to tafe

any news regarding super sayian fox? i have not seen him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom