• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Smash 64 Learning Curve (MASSIVE UPDATES)

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
you and i never played :(

i'll buy a new controller with a brand new stick and **** next time
yeah, i didnt go. i tried hella bad to get the day off from work but it didnt happen :(

and, why buy a new controller, just buy a new joystick. and as tigerbombz mentioned, winning and losing depends entirely on the player. although i shouldnt be the one talking seeing as how i have a pretty new controller :p

D

Deleted member

im going to use my crappy one for online only

while bringing out the good one for tourneys/ console play whenever they happen

I don't like the feel of the crappy joystick when your moves don't come out the way they should

fastfall has like 2/3 success rate

wrong aerial is like 1/5

doing stuff like jab jab up smash with fox has a 50% success rate of connecting so im forced to play conservative and lose matches I shouldn't

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
while bringing out the good one for tourneys/ console play whenever they happen
so..does this mean u guys are comin back up for the next one? :bee:

doing stuff like jab jab up smash with fox has a 50% success rate of connecting so im forced to play conservative and lose matches I shouldn't
so...ur sayin u couldve beaten tigerbombz if u wouldve had a new(er) controller? lol j/p

DMoogle

A$
fastfall has like 2/3 success rate

wrong aerial is like 1/5

Hmmm I don't have much problem with those when I'm using a bad joystick (maybe the jab to up-smash sometimes), the biggest problem is accidentally walking when I mean to run.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
the biggest problem is accidentally walking when I mean to run.
Yeah, this is probably the biggest problem. The 64 I use currently has two bad-joystick controllers and their left/right sensitivity is rather poor. Dashing vs walking makes all the difference, especially when you meant to taunt cancel :dizzy: or do anything involving speed, which is like everything

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I get bored a lot now, so I decided to live again.
And I play online sometimes now too!

And I played novakane; he said I sucked so bad even though I 3-4 stocked him both games before he rage quit.
Then he said Im just a noob imitating Johnny.
Then I showed him my youtube channel and proved it to him then he shut up. Whee.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** you were in California? Haha
I hadn't touched this game for a year plus, so yeah.
I just started working again like 3 months ago and got so bored when Im at home, so I borrowed my friend's controller and started playing again.
Well next time :)

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
A lot of new names and stuff now on Kailerra.
But most of the time I think Im playing the same person under multiple names.
Too bad the alias alert isn't active right now, haha.
Also need a freaking central or west coast server.
Playing at 9 frames delay makes my fingers confused.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I use "John" on Kaillera.

And yeah, I noticed it too; using LAN does help a lot.
But everyone plays with Excellent connection.
Gotta go with the majority or else I won't be able to get a game going.

D

Deleted member

you should use p2p and face good west coasters (not near) and get 1-2 frames instead

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Played them once, played them all.
I forgot how to get player2player going so yeah.
Someone was mentioning it to me the other day though.

I'll try to get it going one of these days.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Playing on the servers is dumb and a waste of your time.

I'll help you set up p2p if you contact me on AIM or something.

D

Deleted member

All you gotta do is replace the p2p kaillera.dll file

message somebody on AIM for it

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Why is playing on a server such a waste of time?
If you wanna talk about time wasting, isn't playing this game a waste of time in general?
Isn't playing ANY games a waste of time?

I play on the servers cause it's fast to get a game going.
Anyone can tell you I don't really like chatting, I just go on and create a game and wait for a person.
Don't really feel like going on and typing "Anyone wanna p2p?"
So yeah.

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
these levels are redundant. i would delete or join some. Considering that i only play console and seeing that jonny is a lvl6, i would place my skills at a lvl6. i would also say Evan and Ross are around that lvl too. California
my flow with fox is ridick, not just talk too

ballin4life

Smash Hero
these levels are redundant. i would delete or join some. Considering that i only play console and seeing that jonny is a lvl6, i would place my skills at a lvl6. i would also say Evan and Ross are around that lvl too. California
my flow with fox is ridick, not just talk too
Have you played Johnny? Because you can't really judge someone's skill off of videos only (especially videos that are like all against isai and from years ago)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Don't get the wrong idea i'm not trying to troll anyone with that image. It just relates to the internet e-peen (which this thread spawns), I dunno, I never really liked this idea.

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
Have you played Johnny? Because you can't really judge someone's skill off of videos only (especially videos that are like all against isai and from years ago)
No i am not basing my skills off videos. Ross has played johnny a couple of times and from what i hear they match up quite well against each other. I play ross often enough too say that i am a little bit better than him(ross rematches?). Considering that he does play more melee (more competition:() as does johnny. So im guessing the matches between johnny and me would be good. Rumors that lovage is getting in the ranks of isai btw.
On a side note does isai live in san jose? Because ill be traveling their in awhile. Any good players around there?
SolCal best around!

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
No i am not basing my skills off videos. Ross has played johnny a couple of times and from what i hear they match up quite well against each other. I play ross often enough too say that i am a little bit better than him(ross rematches?). Considering that he does play more melee (more competition:() as does johnny. So im guessing the matches between johnny and me would be good. Rumors that lovage is getting in the ranks of isai btw.
On a side note does isai live in san jose? Because ill be traveling their in awhile. Any good players around there?
SolCal best around!
ive been hearing the same thing about lovage. s2j has said in a post that lovage was getting to be pretty good and that he was to surpass him in a few months. i recently played s2j, and he definitely didnt disappoint. he beat me, so i could only imagine how good lovage is. i still wouldnt place him in the same level as isai, even superboom who is closer to isai's level still has a hard time against him. and as far as telling u where isai lives, ill let him decide if he wants u to know. but if you want to find some good players in NorCal, theres definitely alot of us around. check out the competitive sub-forum and you'll see that tigerbombz has made a thread for all cali players. also, if ur comin up, where are u stayin at? id be down for some smash matches against some good socal people :p

D

Deleted member

i am going to play more 64 now

my fox is better than ever now that I wiped off the rust

Top Bottom