• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox video project needs you. (details inside)

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I will be making a [combo] video that will include many players. Someone else tried to work it out before, but it is no longer up and running, so I'm taking up the task to make it. but I need help. I need video footage of your Fox being awesome, I can always make a "Perfect Chaos III", but I intend to include the community on this one. There are so few Fox videos on the internet, and of those only a select few are decent. So what do you say? will you be apart of this effort to finally show to the players' community that Fox, and you -Fox players- have what it takes?

If you have footage you would like to have showcased in this video, please send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

I will accept brawl replays or footage recorded via capture card/device. I would like to avoid using camera-captured footage if at all possible, Its much easier to watch a clear crisp image than a blurred or fuzzy one.
Edit: If you have video editing software, I'd recommend cut out the clips you want and e-mail those, a whole match can take up to 50mb and most e-mails don't support attachments that large.
Edit 2: I have found some software that allows me to rip directly from youtube, so now all you have to do is upload your vids to youtube and hook me up with a link. Further edit: There is considerable quality degradation with the software, If you can send either a replay or video file instead, do so.

Current Contributors:
-Ace76
-monkeyx4

Remember, this cannot be done without you and the community.

§witch

Smash Lord
This is an awesome idea, I'm all for it. I can most likely send you replays, but I could record them myself as soon as I get my capture card up and running.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This sounds amazing. I'll send you replays or I'll send you files via emails. Which ever is good for you. >_o I know I'm not terribly active on the Fox boards but I have the Link boards also (big old stage discussion, etc). So I'll look for some of my matches XD But I don't have a capture card, I have a camera though. :/

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I would like to help, I think I can record some good quality videos with my camera

Bevo

Smash Apprentice
This should be promising. I would like to contribute, but I don't have anything to make brawl media with. Aside from maybe 1 or 2 OLD Melee matches (i probably don't even have those) I don't have anything.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
No Wii, and no way of transferring replays or videos. I might be able to work something out, but don't count on it.

(I'm better at theory than I actually am at the game, anyway.)

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
its great that you're all interested

I will take the video clips as they come, I can't set a true deadline yet, It may take a month or two to get all the clips. when I start getting a sizable number of clips to work with I will set a deadline, at which point I'll put it all together. for now, the deadline to get clips to me is: as soon as is convenient for you.
If you can, acquire/borrow a video capture device. as great as it would be, I can't go all over with my laptop and recording gear. If you don't mind spending a tiny bit of cash, I recommend the Diamond one touch USB video capture device and a set of phono splitters. you can get it at newegg.com for $40.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I have a few Fox videos you can preview on my YouTube and then I can send you the actual file. Or if you want I could match up some of the great Fox players here and just record them fighting someone else or me or... what have you.

Either way, you can make use of my recording services.

http://www.youtube.com/KheldarVII

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
dude i have tons of replays of my fox. also we need to face again.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Your Fox is a lot like mine Ace although I guess everybody's Fox is pretty similar.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey Ace i'm in SMYL now so whenever you wanna brawl just let me know.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
some good news, I've just made this process much much easier. I've found some software that allows me to rip video straight from youtube. So all you have to do now is upload your vids and send a link my way, I'd recommend you pm the link so I can keep track of it better.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
When someone asked if they could rip some of my YouTube movies, the quality took a huge hit and became very blurry. Make sure yours doesn't do that.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
some good news, I've just made this process much much easier. I've found some software that allows me to rip video straight from youtube. So all you have to do now is upload your vids and send a link my way, I'd recommend you pm the link so I can keep track of it better.
You can use www.vixy.net

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOI11AxO42k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoM5p8ZIWyU

two matches against a good MetaKnight from FL...there's some stuff you can take, I'm sure. especially the ending of the second. ,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJpOlasj8E

this one is entertaining for half the match, and then I get bored and start seeing what I can get away with...hehe...kinda fun to watch I guess. : /

These were from a tournament set Saturday. fresh off the press. lol. I have more, but he hasn't uploaded them yet. I'll get them soon

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That first vid on FD against MK was impressive, by any chance do you have vids of you playing POLMex's Luigi? I believe he said he played you.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
hey, i got plenty of good fox replays including stage spike, shine spiking, Bair KO's and crazy death combos.

Top Bottom