• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox video project needs you. (details inside)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmmm, I do have a few....specially my nice teams kill. I'm 1v2 and I brab nd throw the his teammate into Ike's eruption.

Also this sounds what I came up with the Yoshis' to do. o_o;

kriatevPit

Smash Cadet
beautiful idea now i only wish i wasnt rusty...if i get a nice replay i will put it up on youtube but i cant promise much.except that i will try

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
That first vid on FD against MK was impressive, by any chance do you have vids of you playing POLMex's Luigi? I believe he said he played you.
Whoa...I never saw this before.. lol sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you.

Thanks for the compliment.

And yeah, I played Polmex...but unfortunately, it wasn't recorded...or so they told me.

It went to the last game in a best of 3... he ended up winning when I wanted to laser, but messed up into an illusion...and...upB killed me >.>

I also, at the time, didn't know jab upB was shieldable. heheh... things you learn, eh?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
D1 you have a really nice Fox, you play really similar to me. I seen in the second vid that you tech chased with a shine on the stage..........do you do this a lot or was it just on the spur of the moment?

D1

Banned via Administration
D1 you have a really nice Fox, you play really similar to me. I seen in the second vid that you tech chased with a shine on the stage..........do you do this a lot or was it just on the spur of the moment?

Aw shucks thanks. ^_^ I play a reactionary Fox so for the most part I don't do alotta the same things I just do what I would deem makes the most sense at the moment. I usually tech chase w/ grabs so yeah that was definitely spur of the moment LOL.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hmmmm, two pretty good Fox players in a row?..........i'm shocked! lol

Ace your pretty good as well, try to mix in a few more nairs though.....it's really a great aerial.

D1

Haha I taped a couple more Fox match vids vs. NinjaLink on Friday so those will be upped soon ^_^.

High Tier Kitsune Since 64!!!

Ace76

Smash Cadet
Oh mars sorry about not letting you in my room yesterday. I was fighting someone on AiB feel free to join in next time.

_X_

Smash Lord
Hey I have some vids of my Fox upped on youtube from a fellow friend.

D1(Fox) v. HaB(Wolf) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UiqLWhcK5g
I watched this one and was really ... shocked.

Your approach with the shield is perfect. Fox sucks at approaching anyway but this seems to be a meta-game breaker. Wolf is considered a bad match up for Fox but see this...

You're really good man, keep up the good work.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Indeed, definately the most solid video of the newest incarnation of Fox's metagame.

I believe Fenrir was the first to advocate dash shielding as an approach for Fox.

D1

LOL thanks again for the positive feedback fellas seems like the vids will take a while since we taped a whole bunch.

Anyhow I've been using this approach since the start of Brawl, but never thought anyone wasn't aware of it being one of Fox's best approaches.

Thanks much again I was a Fox main in Melee and even tho I main Falco as well (as well as in Melee). I intend to make my Fox as good or even better than my Falco.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I believe Fenrir was the first to advocate dash shielding as an approach for Fox.
Anyhow I've been using this approach since the start of Brawl, but never thought anyone wasn't aware of it being one of Fox's best approaches.
Yeah, that's kinda been my baby on the forums. Sadly, I only have a couple videos...in which Dash shield wasn't very applicable... but at least somebody showed it.

Btw, I think Wolf Fox is straight even... the Wolf didn't seem to know how to deal with you at all though. lol. it is good solid play, so nice job

There you go people... there's Fox game... that's what I've been talking about for forever... Fox is completely a pressure character... and that's what it gets you. nice to see it, eh?

It's weird how similar D1 and I think... like...everything he did in the videos...to most extent, I would have done.. The random shining is the only thing I can really think of that was totally different... it's just weird to see somebody playing and think "dang...that's what I would do"

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
In the event that I am able to find somewhere to upload a .bin replay file somewhere, if someone wants to download it and record it to youtube, I have a few decent matches.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
But someone can copy it to the wii and use a capture card, right?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yes, that was the method that I was discussing. Anyone with any form of recording software can simply record MY footage, after they download it / I send it to them via Wifi.

D1

Question what do you guys think of 718Rookie's Fox? I played him recently w/ all my other top tiers and he's actually pretty solid regardless of the outcome of the matches, he put up a **** good fight everytime.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Question what do you guys think of 718Rookie's Fox? I played him recently w/ all my other top tiers and he's actually pretty solid regardless of the outcome of the matches, he put up a **** good fight everytime.
Uhmm...

He had a hissy fit because he doesn't look good on video.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Please, those who have videos, send me a message, we'll work out the details. If possible attach your clips to an E-mail and send it, I'll have the address available when you message me.

Akamru94: there is some good stuff in there, and the quality looks pretty good for camera-recorded, I caa use some of that footage, even if it is wifi.

Akamaru94

Smash Rookie
Please, those who have videos, send me a message, we'll work out the details. If possible attach your clips to an E-mail and send it, I'll have the address available when you message me.

Akamru94: there is some good stuff in there, and the quality looks pretty good for camera-recorded, I caa use some of that footage, even if it is wifi.
I still have the replays saved so I can send them to you if you want for better quality.

Top Bottom