• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The four behaviors of smash.

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
I'm not quite sure whether I should take this post seriously because it sounded a bit funnyish. But I'll go for it.

Firstly I do not agree with your list, the clumsy lama type is not accurate. Nobody in highlevel play still makes errors on a regular basis, and making a few mistakes in a match does not define your 'playing style'.

I also have my doubts with the Clever Mongoose type, because I think there are actually only 2 types...
- Offensive (Ferocious Tiger)
-Defensive ( Silent Owl? whatever)
and both of these playstyles use mindgames and make mistakes.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm not quite sure whether I should take this post seriously because it sounded a bit funnyish. But I'll go for it.

Firstly I do not agree with your list, the clumsy lama type is not accurate. Nobody in highlevel play still makes errors on a regular basis, and making a few mistakes in a match does not define your 'playing style'.

I also have my doubts with the Clever Mongoose type, because I think there are actually only 2 types...
- Offensive (Ferocious Tiger)
-Defensive ( Silent Owl? whatever)
and both of these playstyles use mindgames and make mistakes.
First off, this is VERY serious. Second, no one said this is high level of play only. Third, yes, there are plenty of players who make mistakes regularly in high level play anyways. Unless you live somewhere where bad smashers aren't around, and that place doesn't exist. Lastly, if you do not think there are playstyles or 'builds' that revolve around stricly mindgames then you need to get out and meet some new players.

Your attempt to break the system has failed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
drephen is just a smasher who keeps consistently getting lucky, hes not actually good. he just gets lucky a lot

Ojanya

Smash Ace
drephen is a lil ginger leprechaun lol
^ This post wins.

Good post, but who cares if your partner steals your kill in a team match as long as they die?

That's what always bugs me on Xbox live.

"OMFG, YOU STOLE MY KILL!"
"Uhh... guys who cares as long as we win..."
"NO, EFF THAT GUY!"

Zjiin

Smash Master
^ This post wins.

Good post, but who cares if your partner steals your kill in a team match as long as they die?

That's what always bugs me on Xbox live.

"OMFG, YOU STOLE MY KILL!"
"Uhh... guys who cares as long as we win..."
"NO, EFF THAT GUY!"
Usually because if the guy was going to die anyways, your partner should have more important things to keep an eye on. Especially since KSing puts both of the allies together which means you can't attack without hitting each other now and you opponent can edgeguard you both. Completely unessecary.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I think I'm a mix of a Clever Mongoose and a Clumsy Llama. Maybe a Clever Llama or a Clumsy Mongoose. I mean I play smart, I just make some stupid mistakes occasionally.

Zjiin

Smash Master
After this was bumped, i decided to post it on AiB, and in a matter of hours it was featured on the main homepage, lawl.

Skrah

Smash Ace
you harness the power of the platypus.
haaa platypus lol. never would've thought about that one

EDIT:

Well i guess since i use a lot of projectiles i could be a owl, but i use them to combo and just as i see an opportunity I do attack as hard as i can. and sometimes i SD just so i can kill my opponent in an awesome way :]

so where does that put me?

Zjiin

Smash Master
haaa platypus lol. never would've thought about that one

EDIT:

Well i guess since i use a lot of projectiles i could be a owl, but i use them to combo and just as i see an opportunity I do attack as hard as i can. and sometimes i SD just so i can kill my opponent in an awesome way :]

so where does that put me?
You're a Ferocious Tiger, hands down. Just because you use projectiles, doesn't mean you don't use them aggresively. Attacking hard as you can and chasing down people is classic tiger.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm going to have to classify myself as "Ferocious Mongoose" though I do act like a Patient Owl from time to time.

Most of my game consists of locking down my opponent with well spaced attacks, and then throwing out weird **** that Marth players are told not to do (like using shieldbreaker to wear down shields, lol). For edgeguarding I normally try to be flashy, going for stuff like bair->reverse up B, or spiking people in the bubble, ect.

I don't know, I just have a lot of trouble camping...I'm just not good at it.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I see the combos that I want to do, but haven't got the greatest accomplished:failed ratio. In the context of Up-B cancel edgehogging with Sheik, I've recently been about 2:8. I know what to do and when, but something ends up going wrong. I also suicide a lot more than necessary in both friendlies and competetive matches, either with edgeguarding or trying to do something that I know HOW to do, but don't do correctly. So this is the Clumsy Llama part.

I follow the Tiger part completely, though. I will normally throw as many attacks out of one jump into a shield as possible before I get shieldgrabbed. The minute I see my starting attack work, I pretty much cast away any defensiveness and pursue the offensive combo I started.

Shieldgrabbing destroys me, and more experienced players who know how to play around me will do so. I've had to train myself to become more defensive recently, and it's done me some good, though right now my biggest method of "self-teaching defense" is sitting in one spot and avoiding projectiles if necessary while forcing an oppponent to come after me.

Offense used to be the best thing when I was "better" than my friends, but now we're all at an even keel, so I'll often get 3 or 4 stocked without much effort, just a couple shields. Picking up defense is rather necessary for this game, in my opinion.

I think Clumsy Tiger would suit me better than Ferocious Llama. It's a matter of skill and reflexes, I guess.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm all of those overall, but only a random two at any given time >_> I wish I could be a patient clever tiger when i grow up

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Right now I'm a bit of a Ferocious Llamgoose, but I'm on the verge of purging the llama out of me--I just know it.

Top Bottom