• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Essence of Wolf: A Guide to Wolf COMPLETELY REWRITTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Guys, I've recently read over my guide and find myself raising an eyebrow at half the stuff I wrote. I realize this because I wrote this guide like, a month after brawl released, it is getting severely out of date. I have a tournament to organize this weekend. But before November, I plan to completely overhaul this guide into something a little bit more up to date. *lol look at me I approach with sh nair*

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Good thing you said this now Kosk, I was planning to attempt a guide for what each move should be used for and in which situations, and then wait a few weeks for input and try to get the final version sticked. You just saved me a buttload of trouble.

Patinator

Smash Champion
is his down tilt a wall infinite?
I think I tested for infinites one time... I don't think it registered as a combo. But I'm glad you brought this up, because the bayonet of the Blaster is a different story... You just have to get the opponent's damage up to the point they keep bouncing back into your slashes. It... I think it registers as a combo, I can't remember. And it's techable, but honestly, who can tech any hit on command excluding Level 9's (Or Level 10, AKA Mew2King lol?).

Whos Drack? And I dont think theres any infinates involving the D-tilt.
...The guy who made the first Wolf guide? Ring a bell? :ohwell:

Genos

Smash Apprentice

I have no idea if the last three are old, but I'm positive that the first one is. I decided to post them here to avoid cluttering the forum.

dantawesi

Smash Rookie
i usually play brawl with my friend and he mains marth and mk. im trying to do meteor smashes with wolf but being the noob i am i cant seem to land a hit on them. any hints?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You shouldn't try to dair MK and Marth. You should be glad not to get gimped

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
ahhh its good to be back on this site after a long break....
anyways, nice guide i found it pretty usefull. I have all the AT's down but side B canceling bugs me... i can never get it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ah, nice post. But you forgot a kill move - his side special when sweetspotted. It kills all the time. Wolf's my main, and I've mastered that attack, so I use it as a kill move alot.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Nice guide! Really helped alot.

If you are considering to put up anti-edgehogger tactics, I have a suggestion:
After DI'ing away from an edge you just grabbed, use mid-air jump and time your Over-B. This will result in a sweetspotted Illusion.

Another one is drop the ledge and midair jump immediatly followed by Reflect.

Absoltrainer

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am pretty new to the brawl world, esspecially the competive community. The character I recently chose to attempt to main is wolf. I read this guide, and have to say, it was fantastic, and really helpful.

As you pointed out in the guide (and as I have been given a harsh lesson in) wolf's recovery is really obnoxious.

Any pointers on better recovery tactics?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If you're talking about upB, just practice it a lot. I got used to upB by going in training mode and spiking the computer every opportunity I got, and then attempting to get back on the ledge in FD. Lylat would be a good choice too, those lips are initially very difficult.

Recovery in general, just make sure to DI everything up. To slow down your momentum use one bair, and then you'll have aerial control. Then simply holding towards the stage with a well placed sideB should get you back on stage.

DADdedede

Smash Cadet
i have been trying to use wolf for fun, and when it comes down to it his recovery isn't so great, mostly cause of his sweetspot. it is extremely small, and i am beginning to think that it is the smallest in the game! is this true? it would really help if someone could shed some light on this

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
i have been trying to use wolf for fun, and when it comes down to it his recovery isn't so great, mostly cause of his sweetspot. it is extremely small, and i am beginning to think that it is the smallest in the game! is this true? it would really help if someone could shed some light on this
Sounds like you're using up-b to recover. Use side-b instead, it auto-sweetspots the ledge pretty well. Plus, if you distance yourself right, you can still get back even with someone hogging the ledge by scarring.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For some reason, I'm using nair more and more. There have been several occasions where I've hit with the strong part right before landing and comboed it into a dsmash, and I've also ledgehopped it into dsmash a few times with moderate success.

Kosk, don't worry about it. That's all ;)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
So, Ive begun to rewrite this *****. But, not here, its a secret location, known to not very many ppl. Ill show you guys when its done 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom