• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Essence of Wolf: A Guide to Wolf COMPLETELY REWRITTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Great job on the guide. I feel like playing with Wolf a bit right now.

I noticed that Yoshi is the only one of the original 8 that hasn't been mentioned yet in the matchups section, so here's my input on reptile vs. canine:

Both Yoshi and Wolf can camp. Yoshi uses his eggs, and Wolf has his blaster. However, they have to get in close to kill, and here's where the matchup really gets interesting. Wolf simply outkills Yoshi. The cute dino has a problem killing (not as much as, say, Shiek, more like TL), while Wolf is great at it. Yoshi has a superior air game, and needs to keep Wolf up there to use his best killing move: The uair. All in all, this matchup is, IMO, 65-35 in Wolf O' Donnel's favor.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Fottstoll yoshi's second jump, gg. Reflect eggs, won't hit but will stop them from hitting you. Wolf bair > yoshi bair, congrats now go beat any yoshi.

Character - Horizontal Air Speed

"S Class"
Yoshi - 4.04
Jigglypuff - 3.87
Wario - 3.71
Wolf - 3.63
Captain Falcon - 3.63

"A Class"
Sonic - 3.36
Donkey Kong - 3.36
Lucas - 3.30
Bowser - 3.30
Squirtle - 3.27
Mr. Game & Watch - 3.24
Marth - 3.24

"B Class"
Zero Suit Samus - 3.13
Charizard - 3.07
Zelda - 3.02
Samus - 2.97
Lucario - 2.95
Ness - 2.92
Mario - 2.92

"C Class"
Snake - 2.88
Toon Link - 2.83
Ike - 2.83
Pikachu - 2.74
Peach - 2.74
R.O.B. - 2.70
Pit - 2.70
Fox - 2.70
Falco - 2.70

"D Class"
Ganondorf - 2.62
Kirby - 2.59
Sheik - 2.57
Olimar - 2.55
Diddy Kong - 2.50
Link - 2.45

"F Class"
Meta Knight - 2.35
Ivysaur - 2.32
Ice Climbers - 2.32
Luigi - 2.29
King Dedede - 2.10

A good list to look at, wolf really does have a great air game due to his high horizontal air speed and long range bair.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Footstooling Yoshi is harder than it sounds on paper, because Yoshi can airdodge, uair, or throw a lucky egg.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Oh yes, that... *Inhales* GEM of a thread. :rollseyes: That's definately a problem.

Oh, also...

*Subscribes*

We need a Wolf guide made by an active member. Seriously.

§witch

Smash Lord
Eh, he's on MSN alot, I can tell him the wolf board misses him. Pat make a thread begging him to come back, I'll give him the link.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
We should get a new guide or find a way to add stuff to it cause I think kosk quit wolf.
We should add stuff like reverse pistoling and such. Plus I actually think the bowser vs wolf matchup is more 6/4 in wolfs favor then 7/3 in wolfs favor.

Patinator

Smash Champion
We should get a new guide or find a way to add stuff to it cause I think kosk quit wolf.
We should add stuff like reverse pistoling and such. Plus I actually think the bowser vs wolf matchup is more 6/4 in wolfs favor then 7/3 in wolfs favor.
What does Bowser have against Wolf that makes it 6/4? I mean, Wolf's pretty good at anti-turtling...

*Ba-dump-psh*

But yeah, a third guide would be good. Maybe it could actually be updated? >_> I vote for Gheb, Letterbomb, or good ol' Chaos Leader.

For once, I'm actually humble.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bowser has some nasaty grab release stuff...besides, we already have a new match-uü thread because this one doesn't get updated anymore

Patinator

Smash Champion
This guide shall never be updated. Koskinator has left SWF forever.

See this message posted on my user page.

Listen man, just let everyone know that I haven't quit Wolf, I have quit this site entirely. Like, it used to be good, back when there were like 14 or 15 of us on the wolf boards getting everything moving, but like, since brawls release, like 30000 more noobs have infested the site, and I just cant deal with it anymore. I spend most of my forum time at nintendo hub, come check it out sometime, better than here noobwise anyway. But yeah, if anyone on the wolf boards needs to know something, have them give me a ring on aim. Wolfinator33.
So, yeah. Just thought this needed to be brought up. A new guide made by a staying-forever member is up for grabs, I guess.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Wait, you're...

Alive? O_O

Well, at least you're present, Koskinator. It's more comforting... You're the most knowledgeable guy here. Lemme put it this way.

We need your help, Star Fox Koskinator!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, Koskinator. If you don't regualarily post here, you could at least help us by finishing uptdating the guides. Seriously, we need your help.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
O wow I thought koskinator quit this website. Also bowser can shield grab just about everything wolf can do and now bowsers are learning all these grab combos. I just dont think its more of a 6-4 in wolfs favor. Also a tech that could work is Blaster > Boostsmash. I cant do it very well but ive tried it in training mode just I failz at boostsmash. Any way to do the dash attack cancel up smash thing easier?

Also Kosk if you ever wanna fight me again im usually up for a fight.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Sess just said "Fight me!". WTF.

I could use held on the DACUS but this isn't the right place. Let's just wait for some sort of update before posting again. No need for unneccessary bumping.

[Past this post, of course.]

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol if you went from sonic to wolf you will be really happy from all those kill moves. lol

72ay

Smash Rookie
how come none of the pictures work? lol anyways very good guide + rating this forum should have a rep bar to add rep to people ive been to another (not ssb related) site that has it.

i mean when i use internet explorer at the libary i go to it shows a picture box with a x in the middle like a corrupt picture around the attack names but for some reason on firefox it doesn't show anything at all? i reall want to see does pics if u can fix it. lol im a smash n00b

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be an awesome idea? An official Essence of the Wolf combo montage. A bunch of people could submit to someone(the one who uploads the video) a video of them pulling an awesome combo on someone. That'd be so kickass!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf has no "true" combos...Other than that you can look up spike222s combo vids. They're worth a look...

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
IF you want, I can pick up from where Kosk left off. I'll just pm him or something, and go from what he has to add on to this guide since it's becoming slighty outdated now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
These aren't true combos, like they were in Melee. All of them can be interrupted...

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
What do you mean by scarring? Do you mean like being on one edge of the stage and coming out on the other? Sorry for my n00bish question, but I've never heard that terminology before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom