• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Four Challenge: Rules and Guidelines!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have zero experience with 5th Gen, but I'm willing to try it for Season 2, if that's what most of the PC would prefer.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not complaining about chill majorly or anything, but it has become a significant problem for chellengers due to his lack of activity.
you guys should try to find someone to possibly take his spot. (It can't be that difficult to make monotype team is it?)
And gen 5 sucks.
IDK, this is just my opinion.
There's also the matter where E4 / Spriting members are Staff only.

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
i dont kno anything bout Gen 5 (that might change when B&W comes out in a few months)

Wrath`

Smash Master
But the difference between gen 4 and gen 5 is not like that of Melee and Brawl.

Pokemon is still pokemon, the mechanics between these gens has changed very little, it's just the pokemon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why don't we just let these big ol' Staff people work it out I guess.

Wrath`, it generally depends on the time. If the next Season doesn't start until forever shifting to the next Gen. might be something worth looking into, who knows.

Enzo

Smash Lord
Technically speaking gen 5 isn't the current gen because it hasn't even legally come out in the US yet.
Gen 4 had its flaws as well (stall being rediculously overpowered)

Gen 5 just has a bit more IMO.
Doesn't really matter though lol im still aiming for the post-bit whatever gen the mods choose.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stall is only as strong as it is because Smogon hates Dragons. :(

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Something ****ed up with my computer and my PO closed randomly in my match against Ankoku, because if this, I forfeit. It doesn't matter as I would have lost anyways. Every match I've played in this, my team has been hard-countered by theirs, even though they're mono-typed. Just go on without my matches, I've lost interest.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I give up vs. Chill too. He's not here very often, and I don't think my team is quite up to snuff to beat him on a second playthrough.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The length of a season--or asking of such--isn't reflective on the determination that I wanted to get things done.

And seeing as I have no Pokeball, I'm probably less motivated than you are, haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Quick survey of how many of you guys would like for Season 2 to be 5th Gen, or to wait until Season 3 (which will likely begin after the US release of Black/White).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We've been getting mixed messages up until this point, so I figured I'd see where everyone actually stands on the issue.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I fully and wholeheartedly support 5th Gen (WiFi) for next season.

Even though Wifi sucks imo, it is the best compromise between what people want and replicates the in-game similarity.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I peronsally think there is a lot more potential with 4th gen

I think we should explore some more options of different 4th gen metagames, then switch onto 5th gen

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I enjoyed gen IV more than gen V, but it's the inconvenience and awkwardness of going back that puts me off.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just see it as once we go to 5th, there's no going back, so we might as well fully explore gen 4 options

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
various ideas using the 4th gen metagame
4th gen uu
4th gen nfe
4th gen 2 types
4th gen weight classes
etc

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I dunno about others, but I was under the impression that monoteams were going to be the staple for the E4, something about trying to keep the E4 as close to the actual in-game E4 as possible or something?

And I used a Gen. IV UU team so ha.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I feel the same way as Wave. I like Gen 4 more, but I would rather have Gen 5 for season 2 since I'm so used to it now.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Not complaining about chill majorly or anything, but it has become a significant problem for chellengers due to his lack of activity.
you guys should try to find someone to possibly take his spot. (It can't be that difficult to make monotype team is it?)
And gen 5 sucks.
IDK, this is just my opinion.
Just to be sure I checked and the only person who "challenged" me that I haven't fought is leafybug.

Significant problem?

yeeeeaaaahh

Top Bottom