• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Double Dreamland Challenge (the DDC) *BUNCH ADDED TO THE OP*

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Interesting idea to get 4 people across: Have Ganon keep up-B'ing Falco, who keeps firing his blaster away from Ganon under Dreamland. During this stall (if that's possible), have the other 2 characters just negotiate through using their skills and airdodges between blaster shots. Then Ganon and Falco cross like "normal" (teching would be important at that point obviously).

wouldn samus be able to do it as well? in samus and sheik, the sheik really contributed nothing n getting both of em across iirc
Except being a meatshield for Samus to keep bombing off of...

Samus, I don't think can make it alone. Unless a mario capes her first out of her grapple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOWbn1wo14

That video also shows Samus going under Corneria and back, which is a neat trick she can do.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Lol easier than Double Jiggs?!

Anything yet on the DK/Icies?
Of course its not easier than double Jiggs lol. We tried DK/Icies and its possible, but really difficult. Stupid Nana is to blame lol.

Mewtwo+Yoshi. I doubt this one is possible.
We'll try this one.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know which chars can do this alone?

Puff, Peach,

Mewtwo?
Jiggs, Peach, Mewtwo, Link, Pikachu, Pichu, and Luigi.

wouldn samus be able to do it as well? in samus and sheik, the sheik really contributed nothing n getting both of em across iirc
Samus can't make it by herself.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what would be the rules for 4 chars all across?

i mean, 2 sets of 2 people each at times so they don't interfer with each other isnt all that impressive as its essentially just 2 double challenges done at the same time.

making an arbitrary rule like "all chars have to leave the main stage at the same time" or "no char can begin crossing underneath until the other 3 have left main stage" would make it hella cool/challenging.

DJ/Nando vids are tight.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I just want to see 4 guys hop under dreamland and hit each other a bunch and somehow bull**** their way across.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
what would be the rules for 4 chars all across?
I think the rules for any of these challenges should be:

(1) All characters must leave the stage, platforms, ledges at the same time (ie become airborne)

(2) No character that grabs an edge, or lands on the platform/stage can participate further

Rule (2) would invalidate some previous runs. Just my opinion.

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
I just did this challenge with double Marth after a few hours. Up+B repeatedly and changing directions when our momentum started shifting until we reached the other side. Definitely an amazing feat for me that made me really proud. Boy, do I need a capture card so I could've showed you guys! D:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man i definitely wanna record some of these with my friends when i get the chance, i have a lot of guy friends when we hang out for melee, hopefully we can do some with 4 people

8 ice climbers...... DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I just did this challenge with double Marth after a few hours. Up+B repeatedly and changing directions when our momentum started shifting until we reached the other side. Definitely an amazing feat for me that made me really proud. Boy, do I need a capture card so I could've showed you guys! D:
Nando and I did double Marth in one try lol. We didn't put it up because it was too simple. It does look funny though.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
4 ganons would be relatively easy, as far as foursomes go (excluding chars that can make it across solo), since in addition to giving jumps back, their up-b also shocks nearby others. Few techs and you're there!

8 ice climbers.. Mind can't comprehend

There should also be a reward for staying under dreamland the longest but still making it back (not counting luigi BS). I would love to see 4 pikachu's just up-b frenzy'ing under dreamland for a minute lol

Top Bottom