• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i just finished both seasons of higurashi no naku koro ni

loved it :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My parents don't have any problems with me and anime.
But I don't even buy that much anime-related stuff anyway. Mostly it's just manga, but we have plenty of US comic books too.

i just finished both seasons of higurashi no naku koro ni

loved it :)
Nice. I feel like rewatching that someday (but not anytime in the near future. Too soon).

G U R U

Smash Lord
My parents are pretty laid back. As long as it's not Drugs/Smoking/Alcohol they're fine with it.

I'm gonna marathon the last 10 eps of Durarara today ^_^

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If you buy anime/manga, I'm sure it's more expensive than alcohol and drugs anyway.

K-On manga? Buy? Y/N.

Also, started reading Yotsubato. It's so funny. :3c

G U R U

Smash Lord
If you buy anime/manga, I'm sure it's more expensive than alcohol and drugs anyway.

K-On manga? Buy? Y/N.

Since K-ON has really no story and would just be a less moe-moe kyun version of the show I'm gonna say no. Just my opinion.

However if you're reading Yotsubato then you clearly have no interest in story so you might like it ~ahaha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
K-On manga? Buy? Y/N.

I'd say buy it if you liked the anime. There are quite a bit of stories the anime didn't cover. Since this manga focuses more on jokes rather than being moe, that's another good thing. Plus, there's only 4 volumes that will be released. So it's only like 40 dollars for the whole thing once it's out.
This is true, lol.
I spent almost $300 on manga in the last month and a half alone. >_> I still don't know what I was thinking.
300 within almost 2 months? Wow, I've never spent that much in such a short time.
What manga did you get?

playing fighting games is pricey too

unless you're 1000% poverty

mizuumi
I swear, VietGeek's posts are almost as random as Deadpool. XD

asianaussie

Smash Hero
on that note, i found the death note anime unwatchable while the manga was gripping and excellent, while everyone else i know said the anime was incredibly good

opinions here?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
k-on manga is better than the anime

there i said it
Yeah, I agree. Same goes for Lucky Star too. 4 komas are usually best left as they are, it seems like.
that can be said for a lot of series
i agree on that so much
Uh oh. Let's not start this discussion again lol.

EDIT: I actually thought the manga and anime to Death Note were close. The manga felt like it dragged at some times but the same goes for the anime, so I dunno. I did like the anime ending though. What the manga definitely has over the anime is the art, obviously.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
my view for the ending of death note was that the manga
made light die like a dog
while the anime
some glorified his death

both were good imo

i just depended if you were a
light
fan

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with you there, Rei.

I like how they handled
Mikami's death
at the end of Death Note.
It fit with his obsessive ideologies better.

Everything else was more or less the same.

-Final-

Aria♪
300 within almost 2 months? Wow, I've never spent that much in such a short time.
What manga did you get?

I just bought a ton of volumes of Higurashi, Shakugan no Shana, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Negima. >_>

I've never really gotten into Death Note. I watched the first episode of the anime, then quit...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I know, and I hated it the first time around, so I don't know why I'm even going back, but I keep hearing it gets better past where I was, so I guess I'm just hopeful. :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just bought a ton of volumes of Higurashi, Shakugan no Shana, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Negima. >_>
I need to buy the FMA and Negima manga. FMA, I'll definitely buy soon though.
I haven't checked out the manga for Higurashi. I need to.

And I think Viz aren't going to release anymore of the manga for Shana sadly. :(

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Or he could be smart and read the manga.

Manga is much better at conveying story than anime.
I don't think I could agree much more. As long as you're not speedreading manga and take time to appreciate the art (thanks bakuman), a lot more can be seen than in anime, which, while incorporating motion, etc, loses a lot of the artist's original intention with the art.

Death Note in particular is in this category - it has great art, and if you're watching subs (or even raws), your attention won't be focused on said art. While people may prefer manga because it takes less time to read, I'd definitely argue that, in terms of storytelling and depth, manga matches up very well to anime.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Finished Durarara. Very good anime. Had me guessing till the end.

New eps of Gosick and Madoka were great. Anyone else watching them at the moment?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Finished Durarara. Very good anime. Had me guessing till the end.

New eps of Gosick and Madoka were great. Anyone else watching them at the moment?
I'm watching both of those series, but I've been behind on anime lately.
There's been so much homework that I'm weeks behind on Index even.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My name on here is Zwarm now, if the OP can be updated. :)

Finally started Umineko last night, the first episode was pretty legit, I think I'm gonna like it. I'll have to watch a few more to decide though.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Madoka this week was unexpectedly evil to Mami. ):

I never thought I would be interested into another Mahou Shoujo, but this week got me hocked.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My name on here is Zwarm now, if the OP can be updated. :)

Finally started Umineko last night, the first episode was pretty legit, I think I'm gonna like it. I'll have to watch a few more to decide though.
Fixed!

And I heard from multiple people that the Umineko anime gets bad after a few episodes. I guess we'll see how you like it.

So, I've been working on making my computer's sounds theme, making it all Yuki-fied (like how the Nanami theme is, but less high-pitch & borderline annoying). I pretty much have it finished, aside from one line that I want to have but can't get an audio file for that doesn't have background music/noise playing, and that is "kyoka" (permission).
I'm also using the interactive
Haruhi DTA Mascot (the "Mode Change" video in the Suggestions list might be spoiler-ish if you haven't seen the movie/read the 4th light novel), as well as the clock that goes with it (which one of the characters announces the time every hour), among other stuff as well.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
That's a pretty legit setup, not gonna lie.

I still haven't gotten back to Umineko yet, been too busy playing Super Loli Fighter 3 aka Arcana Heart 3. Soooo fun. :p

Top Bottom