• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
wtf?

NO

i forbid you to go into S2 with the mindset of tomoyo just "being there for comic relief"

watch the OVA. immediately. because we all know its what ACTUALLY happened

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
They aren't really "alternate ending" in the sense that the story deviates at a certain point in the main story. It's pretty much a totally different universe (it's called "Another World", afterall), where Tomoya never meets Nagisa (or at least never bothered to help her; either way, she has not part in the these stories at all). You can watch the OVAs whenever, as long as you've watched to the point where they've been introduced well enough in the main story (which is probably at episode 18, actually, since from now on, it's pretty much only Nagisa centric [aside from mini-arcs centered around the even more minor characters in S2]).
But nonetheless, it's fine watching both of the OVAs after both seasons.

Edit: Oh, right; Steel's right. You can/should watch both OVAs after S1, with that "comic relief" mindset going on...
(Although Tomoyo doesn't really do anything in S2. Kyou does, though...)

Edit2: Just watch them in the order that they were presented: S1 » Tomoyo OVA
» S2 » Kyou OVA
That way, there's no argument...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
im now 4 episodes through true tears minato, good recommendation ^_^
I loved every episode of it. Although, I'm not sure if this was the ending I preferred.
I liked all of the characters in True Tears.

yup. they should make a tomoyo after anime.
But I don't want to cry.
Edit2: Just watch them in the order that they were presented: S1 » Tomoyo OVA » S2 » Kyou OVA
That way, there's no argument...
So when should I watch the Clannad mov- *is shot*.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I only played Tomoyo After, I never saw the manga. It's a very short manga I hear. ♥

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i've only played to the point were tomo appears. i'm reading it but very slowly since my kanji is not great.

yeah the manga is really short.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
minato and anyone else who watched true tears:

That was seriously amazing, and really gave my emotions a ride. The incest thing with Jun was weird, but yet it gave the story more depth to it and made some things make more sense. What happened with that? Did Jun move out?

I was hoping it would go a little farther with Ai-chan, but im glad she was able to somewhat move on from Shinichiro and somewhat get back with miyokichi.

It was amazing how much it changed, the first four or five episodes were relatively happy, but it all went down hill from there. I was surprised how Noe was able to not break down in tears even when being rejected from Shinichiro at the end - but i guess that's because she felt he would only "fly" if he were to be with hiromi (probably my least favorite of the three, but still a likable character).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I pretty much went through True Tears as fast as I went through Toradora or Clannad.
Like I said, I liked every character in True Tears so the ending made me a little sad.

As for Tomoyo After, I wish it was translated. I didn't play much of it yet.
Kanji's real annoying to look up every so often.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
does anyone know the awesome that is blood+
I only watched one episode of it. Looked pretty good.
I would've DLed all the episodes but I didn't have high speed internet back then. I guess I'll try going through it.

I watched some of ef - a tale of memories today. I love how SHAFT does the direction which the same goes for their other anime.
There are of course still scenes, but those never bothered me for some odd reason. As long as they're not to the caliber of Nadeko Snake, I'm fine.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
so guys

remember KANAKO?? from tomoyo after

SHE WAS IN CLANNAD EPISODE 6 AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW TILL IT WAS POINTED OUT TO ME. so i went back and checked and SURE ENOUGH

THERE SHE IS

sunohara WOULD hit on her

and wow, how FITTING is it that TOMOYO would save her?

i love clannad

by the way minato your sig is AMAZING

S l o X

Smash Champion
Recently I've had a bunch of time on my hands...that I should be using to do homework but thats besides the point.

I need some anime to watch, nothing: old, romance, naruto, bleach.
I have watched a numerous amount of things and I have some in mind but I want to see some recommendations :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Recently I've had a bunch of time on my hands...that I should be using to do homework but thats besides the point.

I have watched a numerous amount of things and I have some in mind but I want to see some recommendations :D
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: The story is 100% from the manga unlike last series.

One Piece series: How can you not watch this... except the dub? XD

Inuyasha Final Act: Basically the final story of the Inuyasha series since the last was incomplete, this series completes it.

Case Closed/Detective Conan series: This anime use to be hard to find sub, but now the fan base is got stronger again, so it shouldn't be a problem.

That's all I can think of without it being Old, Romance, Naruto, or Bleach. Kiddy Girl-And is my personal anime, but I won't recommend you watching it until the story get's spicy. =P

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Oh, so that's what the anime is. It was on my MAL as "Plan to Watch", lol.

The picture on it's profile was of three girls, someone with wings, someone loli-looking, and a schoolgirl, so I didn't know what to think :\

Minato

穏やかじゃない
so guys

remember KANAKO?? from tomoyo after

SHE WAS IN CLANNAD EPISODE 6 AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW TILL IT WAS POINTED OUT TO ME. so i went back and checked and SURE ENOUGH
I remember reading on AnimeNewsNetwork about that but I kept forgetting about it whenever I watched episode 6.
It's an awesome Easter Egg from KyoAni, that's for sure.

by the way minato your sig is AMAZING
I<3 your sig Minato! I wish I could make something like that.
and I just watched a whole season of Kamen Rider yesterday -.-
Haha, thanks guys. I love the sig, especially Saya in it.
and I just watched a whole season of Kamen Rider yesterday -.-
That's a lot of Kamen Rider. :laugh:

Anyway, I have the standard version of Little Busters! on my hard drive now. I just need to find a way to get the no cd patch to work now.
This one's works differently for some odd reason.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
im currently downloading the EX iso nodvd of little busters, did they say it would be compatible with that soon?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
im currently downloading the EX iso nodvd of little busters, did they say it would be compatible with that soon?
They said that they are working on a fix at the moment.
Hopefully it does come out soon if I can't get the regular LB! to work.

Oh, and I found a place where I can by the Key 10th Memorial Box.
Unfortunately it will cost around $180 with shipping...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

I'd watch;

One Piece - Because...well it's amazing

Genshiken - Because it's hilarious and based off Otakus

Ghost Stories - Because sometimes you just need to laugh at random stuff

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone have any good recommendations?
I'm currently watching Clannad After story, Kiba (just finished ep 49 / 51 D: SADDDD), He's My Master (for the 2nd time), Soul Hunter, and a few other random series.
But i want to watch moreeeeee. Since Kiba is almost finished on Anime Network and I just finished ADPolice (that made me all sad n stuff)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Azumanga Daioh is pretty good.

Great Teacher Onizuka is good as well.

I'm biased, since those two are some of my favorites, but you should give them a watch.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just got Little Busters! up and running with the patch.
Everything works fine for the most part. I still don't know why Tomoyo After and Little Busters run a tad bit slower on my laptop with Parallels though.
I'll probably start playing LB later tonight.

And nice avy Steel. :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
hmm so you're using the standard version?

what should i do if i have EX? will it not work?
Yeah, I DLed the Standard version also. I don't think it's compatible with EX yet.
When they do make an EX compatible patch, you should at least duplicate the file. Rei said it might turn it into the vanilla version of LB.

Oh, I'm probably a little late, but Eclipse has subbed the Shana OVA and Shana-tan G.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
use the standard version atm but have the ex in hand when it is confirmed to work

also minato $180 is almost a steal for that full boxset.

i wanna get this but don't know if i should. i know it's worth it though. also that poster i showed you, there is only one left now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
use the standard version atm but have the ex in hand when it is confirmed to work

also minato $180 is almost a steal for that full boxset.
Only problem is that it's not the FULL boxset like yours.
This only has that box with the book and the 6 games. So I don't know.

i wanna get this but don't know if i should. i know it's worth it though. also that poster i showed you, there is only one left now.
If you have the money to spare, I'd say get it.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
look on yahoo auctions japan. they have some there still.

the cheapest i found is 15600 yen. it ends in 14 hrs.

if you decide to get it use a proxy. and i'll also get the aoko thing and transfer money to you. plus shipping would be cheaper.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
look on yahoo auctions japan. they have some there still.

the cheapest i found is 15600 yen. it ends in 14 hrs.

if you decide to get it use a proxy. and i'll also get the aoko thing and transfer money to you. plus shipping would be cheaper.
I think I'll just pass on that for right now. Money's tight right now and I don't want to buy it off of impulse.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
You people and your money D:

I feel totally left out...

but I guess after I finish up my schoolwork I'll either start watching some anime off my list, or some more Kamen Rider xD. Or look into Akatsuki no Goei.

EDIT: (If I don't finish all my stuff before 6 or so, lol.)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
oh wow i didn't know you knew about akatsuki no goei.

it's being translated by hidoi atm

BBQTV

Smash Master
♣ I love Blood+, Saya and Hagi, I love them a lot. <3 ♥
i heard they made a blood+ live action
I do. I ****ing love Blood+

Diva buttsecked Saya's little brother.
i
i have never seen such an anime in my life quite like blood+ its so ****ed up in so many ways
I only watched one episode of it. Looked pretty good.
I would've DLed all the episodes but I didn't have high speed internet back then. I guess I'll try going through it.

I watched some of ef - a tale of memories today. I love how SHAFT does the direction which the same goes for their other anime.
There are of course still scenes, but those never bothered me for some odd reason. As long as they're not to the caliber of Nadeko Snake, I'm fine.
yeah like said above ****ed up in many ways. one second you have this cool character next second their dead

Top Bottom