• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bleh...stuff like this spoils stuff indirectly, too... I know that people die in this series, and when I plan to watch it later, I'd rather not know if a character lives past a certain point or not; I'd rather not know who specifically dies, and when they do, if they do at all. And with this statement, it's pretty obvious that she doesn't, at least, prior to this episode.
If I hadn't already been accidentally spoiled by someone else regarding this (with reasons pretty much the same as yours), I would've been ticked off by this.
I don't want to have to avoid this thread for two months (since I don't want to start anymore plot-based shows until the semester ends), since it's pretty entertaining here, so if people could kindly use some spoiler tags in the future, it would be greatly appreciated.
Well, having low expectations for some things could make one end up liking it more than if one were to come to it with high expectations... :p
I couldn't resist.:p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What does getting spoiled about who dies have to do with that type of expectation... :ohwell:
You spoiled that Rihoko's ending was disappointing when NKB didn't want to know which routes were disappointing.

And also the fact that you feel that she has low expectations of not dying, maybe you'll find it much more enjoyable if that's not what happens in episode ten was what I was going for.

And don't even know why you wrote such a long paragraph anyway to reply to what Sleepy said.
If someone told me someone in Gurren Lagann or something was badass in the latest episode, I'd think they did something cool instead of think that the character had died.

I didn't even think of that possibility and I still haven't watched episode 10 yet, so that better not be true. lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I never said anyone died. You just misunderstood. In fact, from that response, it would seem you didn't understand a lot of what I was saying.

I said that with Sleepy's comment, I know that
Homura DOESN'T die in the first 9 episodes; that does NOT imply that she does or doesn't die in episode 10 (I don't even know if she does or not). I'm just saying that now if I watch Madoka, I will know that she's not going to be dying in the first 9 episodes. (Whereas before, I might continue to ponder about the potential of her dying episode after episode, which builds anticipationt, given that others have died, already.)

Also, you are comparing a change in expectation due to an opinion with a change due to a fact, and more or less arguing that both affect a person to the same degree.
Me, and others, saying that the Hihoko arc was a disappointment is a personal opinion. It may make NKB initially think negatively on the arc before watching it, but it's no evidence that it'll make him not like it. Given how people's opinions always vary, he might end up loving that arc; who knows... The matter of fact is, an opinion of whether one likes a show or not can't really be what you call a "spoiler", as it simply deals with personal taste (unless the opinion itself leads to a conclusion of a fact, such as Sleepy's comment). (And I never said that the ending of the Rihoko arc was disappointing; I said that I found the whole arc to be generally so.)
Whereas, knowing the fate of a certain character beforehand is an established fact. It doesn't matter my taste or whatever if I know such a fact; I would know that such a thing will happen, thus ruining the enjoyment of any surprise associated with such a fact.

EDIT: And about your TTGL comparison (which again, is not really applicable since I never assumed that anyone died). The thing is, I already know that...
[collapse=Madoka spoiler]...some of the girls are going to die (mostly due to this thread, and some other places); I just don't know who (with the exception of Mami) or when they do. Therefore, knowing that someone will live for at least so long would be a spoiler.[/collapse]
[collapse=Spoiler of the end of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann]Just imagine if you knew that Kittan was going to die, but don't know when, but then someone said that Kittan did something awesome in episode 25. Now you'll sit through 24 episodes, knowing that he's going to be surviving any reckless thing he does. It's not quite the same situation as with Madoka, since the example has you knowing that someone specific dies, but the point about the latter is the same.[/collapse]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If we did this for every anime that had people who die, we'd have to put spoiler tags on every noun when we would discuss episode numbers which would make every post look like mad libs. lol (kidding kidding don't get all :mad088: on me)
And fine, my reasoning is now null after not being applicable to what you really meant.

It was just the way you asked Sleepy and everyone else in such an indirect (and unintentionally insincere way) to not post things that may give away points when a character is still alive, which annoyed me.

I get where you're coming though, so I'll be careful from now on.
Sorry if you were offended, PC.

[collapse="Madoka ep 10 thoughts after watching it"]Episode 10 was amazing. At this rate, by the time the series finishes up, I'm probably going to rate it a 9 or 10.
Also, Shaft really wanted to make Homura look like Hanekawa didn't they. lol[/collapse]
Edit: And if someone told me that a route had a disappointing ending in an anime, I'd immediately think
that the anime chose a bad end
Intuition from playing lots of VNs I guess. lol

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm planning on marathoning Madoka tonight.

Anyway, I hope that everyone in danger from the earthquake/tsunami will be ok, and my prayers are going out to them.

On a positive note, a Japanese friend of mine is ok! ^_^

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Not like there was a reason to keep watching after the perfection that was the first arc anyways. Nothing could measure up!

Class rep arc got close with the ending though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just finished Madoka 3...

Holy ****, I love this anime.

Edit: I'm on 7. I still love this show.

Edit 2: On 9 now. Saw it coming, but
hate you kyubei, hate you kyubei, hate you kyubei

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So I was wondering why Gosick hasn't been put up yet

then I remembered what's going on :(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
☯ You are a trooper, I was about to stop watching Amagami in the middle of the Sae arc until it ended. Rihoko arc just made me mad. XD
LOL yea I can see why xD.

Sae... was umm yea....

And omg, I was so mad at Rihoko's arc. She was one of my favorite characters and she got that arc I raged at my computer.

Though, I watched it out of order so I ended up watching Ai's arc next then :)ed somewhat.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Finished Amagami. Ayatsuji arc was fun IMO.

Risa **** blocks hard.

I finally decided to start watching Index II again. I watch 8 episodes tonight. I like it ALOT so far.

Index II just loves punching females in the face.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i wish my finals weeks was over so i can watch anime

yes, weeks

my major started last week and continues into the official finals week

edit - noooooooo that was my 7000th

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
LOL They sure do... :laugh:
The last arc is freaking amazing, so if you decide to take another pause from Index II again later, don't, as that'll mean you're delaying the epicness to come.
I have NO INTENTION of stopping. I finished obtaining the other episodes. I plan on crunching em all on tomorrow.

Like I swear when Accelerator few at the girl and punched her in the face I died laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTe6ZKHRWeo
I want more of this in Index.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Index II just loves punching females in the face.
it looks so painful too LOL

i wish my finals weeks was over so i can watch anime

yes, weeks

my major started last week and continues into the official finals week

edit - noooooooo that was my 7000th
i haven't watched more than up to episode 3 of the anime that i picked up this season =(

lmao nice 7000th
i'll get there...
in a couple of years

edit: also, have fun with finals, bday boy

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
24 episodes

1st season is sorta bland so don't let that put you off for s.2

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
probably winter 11

i won't be surprised if it's pushed again