• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally, I think Angel Beats! had the weakest first episode out of the new shows that started this season that I'm watching. Hopefully, episode 2 is much better.

PS: If my parents were to force a class on me, I'll most likely tell them to cancel it; and if not I'll just not try. And if I'm lucky, I'll still pass without giving effort (which happens half the time for me, actually, surprisingly).

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I agree...

IMO, it was a pretty lame episode... Nothing really happened, and the introduction of the characters, even the main ones was entirely dull. I became bored really fast.

I did manage to watch through it because of the Haruhi look-alike, xD

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Personally, I think Angel Beats! had the weakest first episode out of the new shows that starting this season that I'm watching. Hopefully, episode 2 is much better.

PS: If my parents were to force a class on me, I'll most likely tell them to cancel it; and if not I'll just not try. And if I'm lucky, I'll still pass without giving effort (which happens half the time for me, actually, surprisingly).

Oh, I had a HUGE argument with them about it, and I'm not trying in that class. Sadly, there's a lot of work in there, and I hate getting c's.

Edit: The first episode was kinda boring, but, like I said before, the series has a lot of potential.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I never ****ing noticed this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdhUABzw1mU

OMFG!

*ugh Spanish subs....*
Uguu~ also happens in episode 4. Except in episode 4, Kuroi-sensei says it.
I agree...

IMO, it was a pretty lame episode... Nothing really happened, and the introduction of the characters, even the main ones was entirely dull. I became bored really fast.
Agreed. I expected that though since Maeda said in an interview that the first episode would just be an introduction to the series. He said we'd have to wait until episode 2 to really get a feel on how Angel Beats! will go. But yes, I agree. Episode 1 was rather weak.

Only anime series I've watching this season are: K-ON!!, Angel Beats!, Heroman, and Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Maybe I'll check out that new SHAFT anime. My friend said it was pretty funny. I haven't gotten around to watching Working!! just yet. I normally don't keep up with a lot of different anime within a season.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Anyone know who this is?

no idea

blue hair...

wondrous hips and legs...

wears socks that bypass knee length...

that's Miss Asakura cosplaying for a MMORPG headed to your shores this summer!

Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to witness the war goddess Asakura!~

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is neko over run good?
I've read the manga and that was just alright. Nothing too special.
I had low expectations for the anime but after watching it, it didn't end up as bad as I thought.

But yeah, it's still just an ok anime after seeing just the 1st ep.

it's from the same guy that did black cat and to love ru
No it's not. Yabuki's handling the manga adaptation. He had nothing to do with the light novel.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I hope I'm not the only one to say that, ANGEL IS ****ING BAD *** IN EPISODE 2!!! The OP is beautiful, makes it even better with the images, same with the ED. Yuri's story is pretty sad and..... no intro of Yui yet. ._.

I'm guessing you watched episode one of Angel Beats kirbyraeg? =P
Yeah. I haven't seen ep2 yet, but ep1 was not...it just wasn't.....exciting.

Anyone know who this is?

It looks kinda like tenshi hinanai.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
spencer, i didn't know you liked touhou
i...don't really actually. tried playing it once, and it wasn't for me...and I played 12.3 for a bit and wound up liking tenshi's playstyle :p

Yeah, it looks like Tenshi.

Too bad Komachi is better than her, though.
<3

and also I just finished ...er... acquiring Neon Genesis. I'll finish it soon.
eva is good, you're going to love it by the end :)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ To tell you the truth, I almost forgot what Simpsons was. ;p ♥

♣ I haven't watched it in years, as it improved lately? ♥

Minato

穏やかじゃない
♣ To tell you the truth, I almost forgot what Simpsons was. ;p ♥

♣ I haven't watched it in years, as it improved lately? ♥
I think the recent seasons still aren't as good as the first 13 seasons or so. Some of the new episodes are pretty funny though. I just don't think that the quality is consistently good though, sadly.
Angel Beats 2 was pretty good. I definitely liked it better than the first episode.

The OP was good, but the ED was kinda meh.
Yeah, this week's episode was much better. The premise of the anime is still weird too me. I hope they don't overuse the whole "You can't really die" type of thing. It's getting old fast.

Also, new Durarara!! episode is subbed now. BSS is finally spelling Celty with a 'C' now. :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's because the OP now has English text for the names instead of kana/kanji. With that, they couldn't have missed it like with the cell phone display the one time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far my top favorite Angel Beats characters are Angel, Yuri, Shiina and TK currently. Noda, Hinata and Otonashi might grow on me soon. Waiting for Yui to come in the scene, most likely next week. =3

Ah, Shiina being a bad *** character with a weakness for the cute is just awesome. =P

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I like everyone indifferently. =3

Well...I'm weak against Shiina since she has blue hair. =( Hinata too.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Oh. My. God.

The Haruhi movie was the best thing my eyes have ever witnessed. KyoAni have redeemed themselves AND THEN SOME! I cannot express how amazing it was in words. I hope Haruhi never ends.

G U R U

Smash Lord
The camrip version is perfectly fine. Stop being so picky haha. Besides watching the camrip gives you an excuse to watch it AGAIN when it does come out in good quality :laugh:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
G U R U, were you one of those that has previously read the 4th novel or not?
I keep forgetting who has and who hasn't.
I know VietGeek hasn't read it, so it'll be a pleasant surprise for him when he watches the movie. Who else haven't read it?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The camrip version is perfectly fine. Stop being so picky haha. Besides watching the camrip gives you an excuse to watch it AGAIN when it does come out in good quality :laugh:
nee nee guru

do you think this is what Miss Asakura would say?

G U R U

Smash Lord
G U R U, were you one of those that has previously read the 4th novel or not?
I keep forgetting who has and who hasn't.
I know VietGeek hasn't read it, so it'll be a pleasant surprise for him when he watches the movie. Who else haven't read it?
Nope, I haven't read the novels. I think I'm gonna have to now though. I can't wait another 3 years to see what happens next ^_^

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yes! Go for it! I know you'll love the awesome dramatic entrance near the beginning (you'll definitely know what I'm talking about then the time comes)! I will say no more on this matter, as it's better to witness it first hand before details are stated...

Top Bottom