• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Minato

穏やかじゃない
LOL I don't use Patty that much unless I'm spamming Falling Ice or whatever.
I should start my second playthrough of that game soon...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yep, I was fooled.... until I did more lurking that is. I really don't see why they would need another member yet or if they would reviled a new character too soon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This season of Railgun's finally over. Last episode was good. JC Staff did a good job handling Railgun with the direction and everything. After seeing Railgun, I still don't really favor it over Index nor do I like the Index anime more than Railgun. Both have their own story and styles, so I'm glad that I enjoy both evenly.

Railgun had a better ending wrapping all the stories that had happened throughout the season.
Index's ending had somewhat of an odd place to stop at. But if you realized some of the things that have happened, you can tell that they foreshadowed quite a bit of events.

But yeah, I think Railgun had a better season finale.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL @ Samus on crack... But yeah, I didn't think about it that way until now...
Also, I agree with G U R U; I liked Railgun much better than Index. Final episode bumped my MAL score for Railgun from a 9 to a 10. Index got a 7, so there's quite a difference.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... I still have mixed feelings between the two series. If anything, I'm leaning towards liking the Index story more than Railgun's by a tiny bit. I still like both that it's almost pretty even. Like Index, I rated it a 9. In all honesty, I should bump it down to an 8 since I didn't like the episodes between Level Upper and Poltergeist all that much.

Also, I like how they showed the clock during the end. August 9th...
Mikoto's going to hate the next eleven/twelve days, that's for sure.

I also thought it was funny how a Philosopher Stone can make you go Level 6. :laugh:

And something that irked me (but didn't affect my rating) were two inconsistencies in the timeline in Railgun.
In episode 13 of Railgun, Touma should've had his memory loss so he shouldn't have recognized Mikoto on the monitor. He was busy during all of Level Upper after we last saw him. He was either busy fighting or recovering from his injuries.
2nd inconsistency was seeing Himegami with Komoe in the last episode. At the beginning of the Deep Blood Arc, Touma mentions that it's been over two weeks since he lost his memories (which was on July 28th). That means Himegami shouldn't have met Komoe yet.

They also didn't show the scene in Railgun ep 8 where Touma was supposed to again show up (which can be seen in Index ep 1)
Nothing major, but I do enjoy seeing how the Index and Railgun stories coincide...

Sion

Island of Horizon
If you didn't catch that, I simply recommended the only other anime on MAL that started with a "5"... (In case you thought I was serious. [You probably knew, though. {It's just that the question regarding it being licensed made me think, otherwise. (And hurray for ultra-parentheses usage!)}])

And my spring break is next week, so I'll be able to catch up on the old shows that I'm behind on.
yeah, i caught it. i wasn't sure if you were being serious or not, though :laugh:

and i take back what i said bad about railgun. it's pretty good.
i was feeling a bit biased 'cause of the lack of touma, but railguns final arc/ending kicked it up a notch.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i was feeling a bit biased 'cause of the lack of touma
I think we all feel that way. Touma's one of the few male leads where everyone just loves. I'm actually talking to someone else that also said that he was glad that Railgun ended purely due to it meaning we're one step closer to S2 of Index, and thus more Touma.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you're going to watch something because of me, watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. In fact, I'll give you the episodes and tell you how you should watch it.

And regardless, you should watch Haruhi before watching Lucky Star, anyway, since you'll enjoy Lucky Star much more if you do.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would say as long as there is a story form mangas or novels, there will be another season, but the story can be made up as well. So as long as it's popular there will be another. XD

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i assuming they announced S2 of index after railgun finished

i still need like 3 more episodes

Minato

穏やかじゃない
JC Staff has two anime that are going to air in April. I don't know what they have planned for summer. Fall, they should be airing Bakuman and Shakugan no Shana Third (Can't wait for these two anime :)). I don't think Index season 2 will air during the summer to be honest. Railgun's season was revealed in Index-tan. My guess is that they'll do the same thing and have Index 2 revealed in the last Railgun MMR episode. Last BD should be out in the end of August which is a good time to hype up Index, IMO.

They could really do a season 2 of Index since there's plenty of Material to adapt.
Season 1 had 6 novels adapted and volume 20 was just out this month.

I'm also hoping for a Hayate season 3 to be announced sometime for this year.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Haruhi is overrated.

Evangelion all day baby!
XD I love Evangelion, but Sephiroths Masamune wants to watch Lucky Star which is why PC suggested him to watch Haruhi first in order to get (a lot of) the references. There aren't any Eva references in LS unless you count how Kuroi sensei drinks her beer is similar to how Misato drinks.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has a quite a bit of Evangelion references though.

From what I've heard from others, people think Eva is overrated even more...
Eva is rated lower in both popularity and rating in MAL. Not too far behind in popularity and way behind in ratings.
I honestly don't think Evangelion is overrated. Just like most anime, there's that cult following but that's that.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You shouldn't take any statistics on MAL as proof of anything. As I recall, R2 is rated higher than season 1 of Geass on MAL; and we all know what you think about that...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
From what I've heard from others, people think Eva is overrated even more...
Lol those people just don't understand Evangelion =3

You really have to look deep into Evangelion to really appreciate it in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.

I however am definitely guilty of hyping the **** out of Evangelion XD.

Also to be honest, I just wanted take a jab at Haruhi because I know you love it so much, so I choose my favorite anime to be the contender against it =D

XD I love Evangelion, but Sephiroths Masamune wants to watch Lucky Star which is why PC suggested him to watch Haruhi first in order to get (a lot of) the references. There aren't any Eva references in LS unless you count how Kuroi sensei drinks her beer is similar to how Misato drinks.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has a quite a bit of Evangelion references though.

Eva is rated lower in both popularity and rating in MAL. Not too far behind in popularity and way behind in ratings.
I honestly don't think Evangelion is overrated. Just like most anime, there's that cult following but that's that.
Yeah, I don't think Evangelion is overrated at all. It is still amazing, even after all these years.

Has anyone seen Densha Otoko? It is ****ing amazing. I watched it last year and I still love it to death =D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lol those people just don't understand Evangelion =3

You really have to look deep into Evangelion to really appreciate it in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.
It's a shame, it seems that the more someone hears about Evangelion before watching it, they'll end up hating it. Eva's one of those shows that get a ton of hate for no good reason.

I knew nothing about Evangelion when I first watched it and I loved it. I don't know if people try to set their expectations really high after hearing how people like it, have a mindset on refusing to like it since they've heard it's overrated, or simply don't understand it. I can understand if it doesn't fit the viewers tastes but I can't see why people rate it a 1 and label it as ****.

I want to rewatch Evangelion. I haven't seen it in ages.
I still haven't gone out to buy the Platinum DVDs of them yet. :(

I think NKB, Rei, and I are the only ones who've seen Eva that posts in this thread? :laugh:
It seems that anime prior to 2000 don't get enough love in this thread. XD
Well... I guess it is because it's The Tsundere Thread, so never mind.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any older iconic anime? Most of the ones I've seen are adaptations from manga or something that's Gundam. XD

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It's a shame, it seems that the more someone hears about Evangelion before watching it, they'll end up hating it. Eva's one of those shows that get a ton of hate for no good reason.

I knew nothing about Evangelion when I first watched it and I loved it. I don't know if people try to set their expectations really high after hearing how people like it, have a mindset on refusing to like it since they've heard it's overrated, or simply don't understand it. I can understand if it doesn't fit the viewers tastes but I can't see why people rate it a 1 and label it as ****.

I want to rewatch Evangelion. I haven't seen it in ages.
I still haven't gone out to buy the Platinum DVDs of them yet. :(

I think NKB, Rei, and I are the only ones who've seen Eva that posts in this thread? :laugh:
It seems that anime prior to 2000 don't get enough love in this thread. XD
Well... I guess it is because it's The Tsundere Thread, so never mind.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any older iconic anime? Most of the ones I've seen are adaptations from manga or something that's Gundam. XD
I agree with you 100%. I have NO CLUE how anyone could rate Evangelion a 1. It seriously makes no sense why anyone would.

Yeah Minato, I think you, Rei, and I are the only ones in the thread that have watched Evangelion. We are awesome ;D

Iconic anime? School Days! Lol jk! My friend just finished it the other day. He is pretty blown.

Iconic anime? Ummmm I honestly can't think of any iconic anime that is referenced more than Evangelion, Dragon Ball Z, and Gundam.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My brother watched Evangelion, I'll try to watch it... if I'm not already behind my anime schedule. )=

Sion

Island of Horizon
I agree with you 100%. I have NO CLUE how anyone could rate Evangelion a 1. It seriously makes no sense why anyone would.
it's all personal preference. someone could not like an anime at all while another would think it's a masterpiece.
though i'm pretty sure you know that already

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You shouldn't take any statistics on MAL as proof of anything. As I recall, R2 is rated higher than season 1 of Geass on MAL; and we all know what you think about that...
r2 had more lolis

it had to have been better

who the hell do you think we are?!

<_<

G U R U

Smash Lord
Hey, I've watched Eva too. Haven't gotten around to the new movies yet but I will in due time :laugh:

As for older classic animes, I'd say

Cardcaptor Sakura
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Serial Experiments Lain
Slayers

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As for older classic animes, I'd say

Cardcaptor Sakura
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Serial Experiments Lain
Slayers
Ah, thanks. Only one on there I've finished is CCS. The rest on the last I've seen some of or none of. I also haven't finished Big O too, I realized.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i just finished railgun and i liked it

i saw shana s eps 2

and gonna start the last arc for bakemonogatari

i'm gonna go watch sora no woto now

then finish nanoha lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It has always bothered me that Nayuki's picture on the spine stands out, as well as the "Volume 6" at the bottom being not in bold font like the others (the latter being the fault of the shift to FUNimation and how they didn't notice). I'm very picky when it comes to consistency.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
rio in a mafia suit is so ******

i wish we can change avi's on swf atm lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It has always bothered me that Nayuki's picture on the spine stands out, as well as the "Volume 6" at the bottom being not in bold font like the others (the latter being the fault of the shift to FUNimation and how they didn't notice). I'm very picky when it comes to consistency.
i never want to work for you...on a good day.

<3 <3 <3

Top Bottom