• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I still haven't read or watched Elfen Lied. Maybe I should check it out someday.
Whenever I get to it, I suppose. Been rather busy and FF XIII and Ace Attorney Investigations sure aren't helping.
And there's a new SMT game coming out soon too...

I liked the first one way more than R2. R2 had its issues, in my opinion.
That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. I just looked forward to those cliffhangers at the end of each episode.

And Borders hasn't sent me an e-mail telling me if they shipped Evangelion 1.11. I want it now.
Eureka Seven movie's out here too, but I haven't even seen the anime series yet. I'll watch that after DtB.
You don't need to watch the series to understand the movie. The movie is a complete tangent from the series. I gave it like a 7 on my MAL. It was no where near as awesome as the TV series but I still liked it because Eureka Seven is in my top 5 animes =3

oh yeah i forgot about eva 1.11

when is it out?
It came out today. I need was going to pick my copy up today but I decided to study instead.

The day when you spam less. lol (kidding of course)
Came out today. I think I heard 1.11 added some scenes. I've only seen 1.0 so that'll be something I can enjoy besides it being in HD.
They also fixed the lighting in the DVD. It just looks 10x better. I'm pretty sure I saw 1.11 at Katsucon. It was 10x sexier.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i just you know... read. i have to read novels usually so as long as i grasp what is happening i don't have to worry about details. only the theme or w/e when i write a paper.

hmm... maybe i should get eva 1.11 but i want a blu-ray player and not the dvd ver

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i just you know... read. i have to read novels usually so as long as i grasp what is happening i don't have to worry about details. only the theme or w/e when i write a paper.

hmm... maybe i should get eva 1.11 but i want a blu-ray player and not the dvd ver
Buy the BD version anyway...? Then again, not you really need to get it right now so there's no rush.
I really want to see 2.22 (?) on BD. Second movie was really good.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Buy the BD version anyway...? Then again, not you really need to get it right now so there's no rush.
I really want to see 2.22 (?) on BD. Second movie was really good.
Sweet Jesus Christ it was.

I still will never forget the Sahaquiel.

Most likely that will be my next Evangelion sig =D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sweet Jesus Christ it was.

I still will never forget the Sahaquiel.

Most likely that will be my next Evangelion sig =D
Shinji's going to pretty much be Simon in the 3rd movie at the rate he's going at. :laugh: (I wish)
Can't wait for the 3rd movie since everything should pretty much be brand new material.
It still sucks waiting for the movies to come out on BD though.

Also new/old Angel Beats! scan.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Shinji's going to pretty much be Simon in the 3rd movie at the rate he's going at. :laugh: (I wish)
Can't wait for the 3rd movie since everything should pretty much be brand new material.
It still sucks waiting for the movies to come out on BD though.

ROFL! I know right! Shinji is far from the Shinji we all know and love ;D

He definitely is more Simon like. Just wait until he fights the next angel, I can she him saying "Who the hell do you think I am?!!?!?!?"

Pirate Asuka is so amazing.

Sion

Island of Horizon

Minato

穏やかじゃない

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Dang. 1/3 scale's pretty huge. Not sure if that's huge for doll standards though since I haven't seen too many of those.

The first Eden of the East movie comes out in 14 days or so. :bee:
Also, I still need to watch the Summer Wars which I DLed only a few days ago.
You mean the first one is finally getting subbed? Because the second movie is the one coming out this month.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You mean the first one is finally getting subbed? Because the second movie is the one coming out this month.
Yeah, I meant coming out on BD/DVD so it can get properly subbed.
I hope we don't have to wait too long for the second movie to be released outside of theaters.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I just got done with watching Summers Wars. I loved it. Great writing and I liked the whole family theme of it. I was impressed. I still need to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to that movie. Definitely watching that next since I liked Summer Wars.

G U R U

Smash Lord
So I just got done with watching Summers Wars. I loved it. Great writing and I liked the whole family theme of it. I was impressed. I still need to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to that movie. Definitely watching that next since I liked Summer Wars.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is a really good movie.

I might watch Eden of the East over again before the movie cus I forget half of what happened lol. ****it movies taking too long to come out!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Angel Beat's first episode preview is coming the 22nd. =3

I think this been said, but the OP is My Soul, Your Beats! and ED is Brave Song

Minato

穏やかじゃない

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I want my copy of Eva 1.11 BD to come now. I preordered it and all, so I hope I'll be getting soon. I'm not a big strategy guide kind of guy so I didn't bother on getting the LE guide for FF XIII.
I have never bought a guide in my entire life. I just got it because best buy was giving 10 dollars off of it and 500 rewards points if you buy the game with it using your rewards card.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I'm about to order some manga but i'm really confused. I'm looking into buying The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but apparently there's 2 versions or something like that.

There's this:
deleted image

"Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (GN 1)" GN = graphic novel
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=11555

Some reviews say it's not the actual manga but a graphic novel where it has artwork here and there but it's not the actual manga.

And then there's this:
deleted image
"Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novel 1)"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=11559

Anime News Network is a bit clear, but Amazon is playing mindgames on me.

If both are actual manga's which is better?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
there is a manga and there is a light novel (hardcover and paperback).

okay i see your problem now.

amazon is just stupid.

the $10.19 is the hardcover light novel

the $8.99 is the paperback light novel

the $7.91 is the manga

the light novel is the original work.

i hope this helps

also don't hotlink. it would have been easier to imageshack.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch. Now, in your opinion, which is better?

The light novel is appealing to me because of those covers.

edit: researched a bit and I basically got that the light novel is much better than the manga. The manga apparently has bad art compared to the light novel and that there's no real plotline in the manga. In the light novel it's told through Kyon's perspective?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Light novels are amazing! Best thing ever! (Get the hardcover, which are the original Japanese covers, as the paperbacks have lame covers that Little Brown decided to create themselves.)
Manga is the worst thing to happen to the Haruhi series (even worse than E8, IMO).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Since Angel Beats is coming soon, I guess I should make myself a theme of both Yuri and Tenshi. =3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope we'll be seeing quite a few battles with a serious side to them. I'm just curious to see how the fights will be handled. I don't remember any of Maeda's works with any serious battles aside from Air. I guess there was one in Clannad After Story if you count that one fight.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I more episode to go until this season's Railgun is over. :(
I like how they handled this arc. They pretty much made all the little stories prior to this to lead up on this arc.

And new PV of Angel Beats! http://www.angelbeats.jp/movie/pv08.html

Edit: Angel Beats! looks promising. Glad it's part serious. I was skeptical when they first showed us a Haruhi and Kyousuke look-alike, but this PV eases my worries. Can't wait for April 2nd.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yuri is a freaken boss, the way I like it. Tenshi voice actor make her sound like a sweet angel, yes and yes. Yui is still too adorable for words, even with her shackles on her wrist. More love to this anime, also Tenshi is serous. =3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yuri is a freaken boss, the way I like it. Tenshi voice actor make her sound like a sweet angel, yes and yes. Yui is still too adorable for words, even with her shackles on her wrist. More love to this anime, also Tenshi is serous. =3
I like how Yuri's VA also voiced Saya Tokido in Little Busters! EX. :)
Angel with her weapon gives me this Mega Man Battle Network vibe.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
No wonder Yuri can handle guns so well, lol. The way Angel fights does make me wonder if she is a robot. XD

Top Bottom