• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i asked peek for the link for the clannad dvd's and i just got mine in the mail
here's some pics:
front of the outer casing

back of the outer casing

OST disc

inside there's a white box with the same images on the outer casing and this is the inside with a bunch of discs

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
lol yeah that is bootleg

that price sounded way too good to be true

gotta be careful when shopping online

that's if you don't mind bootleg of course

Skrlx

Smash Champion
might be bootleg, gonna try out the dvd's to check out the quality

After viewing the first disc, I can confirm that it is indeed bootleg lmfao. The quality is great and hey, I no longer have to scour the interwebz for low quality episodes.

imo, it's a good deal, cause it's a bootleg off of the real dvd's and not some torrent file.

i'd still get it if you want all the current episodes out on discs and have the movie+music from clannad

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
inside there's a white box with the same images on the outer casing and this is the inside with a bunch of discs
This made me laugh so hard! =D

Bootleg stuff makes me laugh =)
*remembers his Card Captor Sakura Boxset =(*

might be bootleg, gonna try out the dvd's to check out the quality

After viewing the first disc, I can confirm that it is indeed bootleg lmfao. The quality is great and hey, I no longer have to scour the interwebz for low quality episodes.

imo, it's a good deal, cause it's a bootleg off of the real dvd's and not some torrent file.

i'd still get it if you want all the current episodes out on discs and have the movie+music from clannad
Why would you scour the interwebz for low quality episodes when you can easily find HD ones?

On another note. I just rewatched ~After Story~ for the second time with my friend tonight while playing HG. After episode 16 he said there was a good chance he was going to kill me for showing him this anime. Then everything was awesome on episode 18. Then episode 20 rolled around and I was in the other room talking to his brother about something and he goes "YOU ****ER! I DARE I WILL SWEAR REVENGE ON YOU!" I laughed so hard.

~After Story~ is amazing.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
>"Might be bootleg"
>DVDs have pictures of the WRONG SHOW on them.

Wait what.
I'm not too familiar with the characters in Clannad so I assume they were the actual characters. I'm honestly feeling depressed lol, but i'm trying to keep my head up on this thing trying to look at the upsides. I think i'll rip the dvd's and share the great quality with all so that people do not longer have the need to be scammed (but not really unless you're good at detecting bootleg).

inb4infractforillegalrippingplan

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I'm not too familiar with the characters in Clannad so I assume they were the actual characters. I'm honestly feeling depressed lol, but i'm trying to keep my head up on this thing trying to look at the upsides. I think i'll rip the dvd's and share the great quality with all so that people do not longer have the need to be scammed (but not really unless you're good at detecting bootleg).

inb4infractforillegalrippingplan
ROFL! Don't rip them! That is naughty!

Don't sweat it! We all fall into bootlegs every now and then.

I bought a Card Captor Sakura boxset that I thought was legit. I was sadly mistaken and learned from my mistake. Usually anything shipping from Singapore or Malaysia is just screaming bootleg.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
that's what i usually check anytime on ebay

anything from southeast asia or china

i will automatically skip

i try to buy from US/canadian sellers only but still am wary

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually own two series that are bootlegs. I knew they were bootlegs though and I bought these over 6 years ago too. I own bootleg versions of Shaman King and of Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers. Shaman King had terrible subs. The first few episodes were subbed really well and some of the middle was too. Then it used the Chinese names for the characters which got annoying, but at least I got to watch the whole series.

Hopefully the Clannad DVDs you bought has decent subtitles.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
thanks guys :D

to change the subject who has heard of GOTH the novel? I bought the manga that was made from the novel.

Hopefully this isn't another non-legit item I bought =(

it's from Amazon directly

If you haven't heard of GOTH you can read the wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_(novel)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I have a bootleg Trigun boxset with the Chinese dub on it. But I got it for free so I don't feel so bad on it.
Though the english subs on it are pretty bad. You might want to watch yours and see how bad the grammar is before bothering to rip it, in all likelihood the SS-Eclipse ones are better.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Changing the subject won't stop me from posting my hatred for bootlegs...
I no longer have to scour the interwebz for low quality episodes.
First of all, most bootlegs have lower quality than what you can get on the internet, as chances are, that's where the bootleggers got it from (and it's not like most of them care if they got the best quality for their bootlegs or not). And second, having to "scour" the internet (which isn't that hard) doesn't cost you money, as well as not making you feel humiliated after finding out it's a bootleg.
Optimism like this irks me. It's never a good deal, as it's an even greater deal to get it free. I would rather have people simply get my creations for free rather than have people steal my creations and profit off of it; so paying money to bootleggers should never be associated with a "good deal".
And you do realize that some shows air at a higher resolution than DVDs, right? Also, most DVD rips are available via torrent, as well. Also, Clannad is coming out in Blu-Ray, so the quality that people can get, torrent or not, is going to skyrocket.
But regardless, I own all of the real DVDs, so I've done my part in supporting the real industry.
:dizzy: Great...now you're recommending bootlegs to others... (Again, see underlined part of my post as to why is this horrible.)

Bootlegging is the worse thing possible for the anime industry. It doesn't help the industry in ANY way.
I just don't buy anything that sounds too good to be true. Once, I bought a rare figure (rare due to being out for so long, already) so a good price, and it turned out to be a bootleg. Luckily, the seller feared that I would reveal his evil deeds to everyone, and offered a full refund of the price, shipping, and gave me pre-paid shipping back to them. Other than that, I've never encountered a bootleg, as I don't buy stuff from shading dealers.
But it being from China doesn't mean it's bootleg, although the majority of bootleggers are in China. For example, unless I'm mistaken, play-asia is stationed in China. But if it's eBay, then yeah, I tend to avoid Chinese sellers when they sell things that are cheap and are available through official means. The only things anime related that I'll buy from Chinese sellers on eBay are things are I know official sources don't make, such as wall-scrolls with certain image on them (as official wall-scrolls have a very limited selection of images), cosplay stuff, etc.

PS: LOL @ the Kanon characters... :chuckle: (Just had to say it.)

EDIT
So, while we are on the subject of Clannad...
Sentai Films is going to be dubbing Clannad (about time). I'm hoping it'll be at least a decent dub, but that's not the reason why I'm excited; now that it's getting dubbed, it might get an artbox! *crosses fingers* And to put icing on the cake, they said they are going to have an "upgrade" program for those that have already bought the original subtitle-only version (I would have re-bought it anyway, but now I don't have to :bee:). Plus, some of the episodes I have freeze at certain parts (and it's a pain to skip over it...more than you would know), so getting it replaced with this "upgrade" program is awesome! I wonder how they're going to do the "upgrade" program, though.

For those that want to read the article, yourself: CLICK HERE

Edit 2: And it'll be available through "broadcast"? Too bad I don't have cable... :ohwell:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Edit 2: And it'll be available through "broadcast"? Too bad I don't have cable... :ohwell:
Broadcast better not be Pay Per View Broadcast...
Either way, I haven't seen Clannad in so long; I don't want to make my second time through having it dubbed. Maybe I'll do that on my third run.

I haven't been buying anime at all recently due to me trying to save up now.
I've been using whatever money I have left on my Borders Gift Card on manga, so my manga collection is steadily growing.
It is annoying, however, when there's a volume not in good condition, causing me to skip that buy that some other time. :(

Lucky Star Volume 5 should be out in June. Since all of the volumes are dated, the US should be getting volume 7 by the end of this year. I'm glad Lucky Star is being translated at a steady pace. To be honest, I thought the manga would've been dropped or something.

Sion

Island of Horizon
**** better start watching anime with the same starting letter.

so i just watched 5cm/sec. not gonna say how i watched it, but it was a great movie. wonder if there's anything like it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12379/Lucky_Star
This showed up on my recommendations today, as "If you liked Azumanga Daioh you might like this because they're both about high school girls and light-hearted comedy." Wrong Lucky Star there buddy.
This is the best suggestion since
LOL I'm going to have to check out the recommendations more. Hopefully I'll get a good laugh whenever I remember to do so.
**** better start watching anime with the same starting letter.

so i just watched 5cm/sec. not gonna say how i watched it, but it was a great movie. wonder if there's anything like it.
I haven't seen 5 Centimeters per Second yet but I have heard about it. The direction and writer has done 2 other works as well so maybe you should check those ones out. One of them is Voices of a Distant Star. I can't recall what the other one was.

I'm thinking about buying Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Negima! manga. Too bad they're expensive. Anything from Del Rey seems to be $10.99 for the suggested retail price. I'll probably finish buying the rest of Shugo Chara! before getting those other two manga. I'll also buy manga from Jump! too when I have the cash.

Only thing I have that's Jump! is Reborn! I lost my Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh! manga.

Edit: Look at how many titles I listed that feature exclamation points...

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol perfect chaos I was mentioning all those things cause like you said I felt humiliated and a bit depressed so I started finding(or making up) upsides to buying bootleg anime. I'll make sure not to buy any more anime-related stuff on ebay.

There's this comic book store that I know of, do you guys know if comic book stores sell manga? (obvious question but I haven't been to a comic store before) or does it depend on the stores?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
most comic book stores do sell manga now since many people are into manga and part of their profit comes from it.

i can only see some comic book owner hell-bent on hating manga not having it in his shop.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
lol perfect chaos I was mentioning all those things cause like you said I felt humiliated and a bit depressed so I started finding(or making up) upsides to buying bootleg anime. I'll make sure not to buy any more anime-related stuff on ebay.

There's this comic book store that I know of, do you guys know if comic book stores sell manga? (obvious question but I haven't been to a comic store before) or does it depend on the stores?
I guess it would depend on the store... the one near me doesn't have anything even remotely Japanese though, unless you count that one collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Yo****aka Amano (the FF art guy).

Skrlx

Smash Champion
most comic book stores do sell manga now since many people are into manga and part of their profit comes from it.

i can only see some comic book owner hell-bent on hating manga not having it in his shop.
lmao, it'd be worse if it was one of those people that use the term "weeaboo".

"I don't support any of that weeaboo ****. **** weeaboo's.... **** them all!"

I guess it would depend on the store... the one near me doesn't have anything even remotely Japanese though, unless you count that one collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Yo****aka Amano (the FF art guy).
Yeah, some guy on youtube says that if you don't see a manga that you want you can tell the owner something like "hey, when are you getting Manga X?", that in itself provides an incentive for the shop owner to order manga x since people are interested in buying it.

G U R U

Smash Lord
My local comic book store sells a little but of manga, but not a lot. Mainly if you ask for it, he'll order it for you. I got all of Death Note there. Now I just go to Chapters/teh intarwebs for my manga needs.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i love old school animes, haha. is this stuff licensed?

Has anyone been watching Sora no Woto? Episode 10 was pretty slow in my honest opinion, and then I watched 11 and I was like "Yayuhzzzz!"
dunno i felt like 10 was a turning point from nonsense to good stuff, but i watched 11 and that was the first time i wanted to see the next episode right away for this series.

LOL I'm going to have to check out the recommendations more. Hopefully I'll get a good laugh whenever I remember to do so.

I haven't seen 5 Centimeters per Second yet but I have heard about it. The direction and writer has done 2 other works as well so maybe you should check those ones out. One of them is Voices of a Distant Star. I can't recall what the other one was.
yeah, i definitely want to check his other works for sure.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i need finals week to end

i wanna catch up on railgun, bakemonogatari, sora no woto, etc, etc, etc

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i love old school animes, haha. is this stuff licensed?
If you didn't catch that, I simply recommended the only other anime on MAL that started with a "5"... (In case you thought I was serious. [You probably knew, though. {It's just that the question regarding it being licensed made me think, otherwise. (And hurray for ultra-parentheses usage!)}])

And my spring break is next week, so I'll be able to catch up on the old shows that I'm behind on.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
man i've been listening to bakemonogatari op4 on loop for hours

i can't stop

it's too addicting

Minato

穏やかじゃない
man i've been listening to bakemonogatari op4 on loop for hours

i can't stop

it's too addicting
Nadeko's so awesome along with her intro. I haven't seen the BD version of her story yet, so I hope the redone version looks nice.

And I'm really eager for Angel Beats! now. Na-Ga's artwork also makes me want Kurugaya's route to be translated now with the rest of LB!.
At least the translation team is back from hiatus.

Top Bottom