• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh booooooo

i hope they don't butcher bund/baka to test.. or else i'm gonna have to wait for
a) others to sub it
b) dvd releases if there are any

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know I'm four days late, but for those who don't know, another video of Angel Beats! was released. No new footage is in it, just scenes from a previous PV. Only new news that we got is that Angel Beats! will begin airing on April 3rd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnOSGimzdo&feature=player_embedded

Also, Kannagi's getting a spinoff manga which will be written by the author's brother. The Kannagi manga needs to resume again...

I haven't seen much anime lately. Just catching up on older anime like Darker than Black and some other stuff.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Anyone else watch Working? I guess it's an OVA or something, since there's only one ep and it came out this weekend... The main character is so HNNNGGGGGG-inducingly cute though.

Sion

Island of Horizon
iirc Working was the A-1 pictures thing
like the drawers of kannagi, k-on, sora no woto (i could be wrong though)
didn't know it was out though O.o

Peek.

Smash Rookie
I have Clannad season 1&2 + movie +clannad ost coming in the mail and all for 34 dollars

good deal? i'd say so ^_^

Sion

Island of Horizon
I have Clannad season 1&2 + movie +clannad ost coming in the mail and all for 34 dollars

good investment? i'd say so ^_^
that's quite the deal there!

just checked out the working!! ova or whatever it is, and it was fairly good imo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This thread really is a KyoAni thread at heart, isn't it? :laugh:
I never heard of the anime Working!! I'll maybe wait on it and see if it's worth watching or whatever.

I'm trying to catch up on anime that are adaptations of manga that I've read recently.
I'm catching up on Shugo Chara! and Katekyou Hitman Reborn! (why does every title need an "!"?)
So many episodes I'm catching up on...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

good investment? i'd say so ^_^
Holy cow...how'd you get it that cheap? Is it all brand new?
But it would have been a better deal if the movie wasn't included in that bundle... ...just saying...

And someone is calling buying anime to watch yourself an "investment" again... :dizzy:

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Nodame Cantabile and Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen is amazing.

I'm gonna watch Finale whenever that finishes cuz I don't want to have to deal with cliff-hangers >=/

Peek.

Smash Rookie
that's quite the deal there!

just checked out the working!! ova or whatever it is, and it was fairly good imo.
yeah

Holy cow...how'd you get it that cheap? Is it all brand new?
But it would have been a better deal if the movie wasn't included in that bundle... ...just saying...

And someone is calling buying anime to watch yourself an "investment" again... :dizzy:
yup, it's brand new.

is the movie bad lol?

i read my post again and investment was the wrong word, what i meant was a good deal like sion said sorry lol

i gotta go to bed now but i'll post the link tomorrow morning so that those who are interested can check it out themselves

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nodame Cantabile and Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen is amazing.

I'm gonna watch Finale whenever that finishes cuz I don't want to have to deal with cliff-hangers >=/
Yeah, it's pretty good. Finale should be ending in a month and a half or so.
Luckily I'm not too bothered with the cliffhangers in Nodame all too much.

And Railgun's almost over. It's hard for me to decide if I like Index or Railgun more.
I actually enjoyed Index. First arc wasn't too interesting and Deep Blood was just bad, in my opinion. I loved the other arcs which is why I don't know which series I like more. Although I'm guessing the majority will like the Railgun anime more.

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah

yup, it's brand new.

is the movie bad lol?

i read my post again and investment was the wrong word, what i meant was a good deal like sion said sorry lol

i gotta go to bed now but i'll post the link tomorrow morning so that those who are interested can check it out themselves
the movie was pretty good, it's just that the drawings threw a lot of people off.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Finale should be ending in a month and a half or so.

And Railgun's almost over. It's hard for me to decide if I like Index or Railgun more.
I actually enjoyed Index. First arc wasn't too interesting and Deep Blood was just bad, in my opinion. I loved the other arcs which is why I don't know which series I like more. Although I'm guessing the majority will like the Railgun anime more.
i definitely liked index better. railgun felt like more of a filler for me.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i liked railgun more but i think i liked more characters in index.

also i need to catch up on railgun lol

6 weeks behind now =[

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's too bad this deal didn't exist before. Right now, I already have the complete S1+S2 DVDs from Sentai Films, and I have no interest in getting the movie (very inaccurate and super-rushed adaptation), so the only thing in that that I'll want is the OST.

Yeah, Nodame's cliffhangers aren't really that big. It doesn't really make you itch to know what happens next like other series do.

Thinking back, I actually liked the second half. It's just that I didn't enjoy the last arc as much. And Index is a little confusing at times, too. :confused:
the movie was pretty good...
Steel would fight this statement to his grave... :laugh:
i definitely liked index better. railgun felt like more of a filler for me.
That's because the majority of it is filler. I enjoyed the filler, though, as it's pretty touching, so I don't mind it at all. And considering that they don't have nearly as much stuff that they can adapt like they did for Index, it's pretty much unavoidable.
I like Railgun significantly more. The characters are just so much more enjoyable to watch; a lot of Index's characters are weak and boring, IMO.

Sion

Island of Horizon
well the first season for railgun was enjoyable. after that, i stopped waiting on every release cause it became more filler-esque. not to say that i dislike railgun now, i'm just more of a storyline person.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thinking back, I actually liked the second half. It's just that I didn't enjoy the last arc as much. And Index is a little confusing at times, too. :confused:
Starting from Angel Fall Sisters arc, I really liked the story. The last arc was alright. I guess it lacked as a season finale arc. I'm quite fine with that since I'd rather have JC Staff do it this way rather than make their own story for the end like how they did for Shana season 1 and 2.

I didn't find the story for Index too confusing except for the very beginning. I find it hard when anime throw out all these words that they expect you to know after the first episode. Anime from light novels tend to do that a lot...

I enjoyed the filler, though, as it's pretty touching, so I don't mind it at all. And considering that they don't have nearly as much stuff that they can adapt like they did for Index, it's pretty much unavoidable.
I like Railgun significantly more. The characters are just so much more enjoyable to watch; a lot of Index's characters are weak and boring, IMO.
They're even for me (except for Aisa. Never liked her all that much for now).
I don't like Mikoto as much in Railgun though. I think she shines more in Index since her scenes with Touma was always great. She's kind of boring in Railgun, IMO. I like Ruiko though in Railgun.

And the "filler" in Railgun's written by the author. I don't know if all if it was though.
Only 9 episodes actually came from the manga btw (1, 4, 6-12), and I still enjoyed the anime original episodes.

EDIT: For some odd reason, I forgot about the Sister's arc. That was the first arc I liked.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
well the first season for railgun was enjoyable. after that, i stopped waiting on every release cause it became more filler-esque. not to say that i dislike railgun now, i'm just more of a storyline person.
Well, starting from episode 20 to the end, Railgun has story, again.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still haven't read or watched Elfen Lied. Maybe I should check it out someday.
Whenever I get to it, I suppose. Been rather busy and FF XIII and Ace Attorney Investigations sure aren't helping.
And there's a new SMT game coming out soon too...

I just finished Code Geass R2. I actually enjoyed it, lol.
I liked the first one way more than R2. R2 had its issues, in my opinion.
That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. I just looked forward to those cliffhangers at the end of each episode.

And Borders hasn't sent me an e-mail telling me if they shipped Evangelion 1.11. I want it now.
Eureka Seven movie's out here too, but I haven't even seen the anime series yet. I'll watch that after DtB.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
oh yeah i forgot about eva 1.11

when is it out?
The day when you spam less. lol (kidding of course)
Came out today. I think I heard 1.11 added some scenes. I've only seen 1.0 so that'll be something I can enjoy besides it being in HD.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Rei - Who told you to stop reading :mad:

.... and how do you do it? Cuz reading is like.. just too hard to concentrate on especially a topic you don't like :(.

And awwww poor Nana.

Top Bottom