• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The death range.... Project Ω

goobasmackle

Smash Rookie
If you put this stuff in the back room, noobs like me wouldn't have any access to it. =(

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
We wanted to discuss it there, but Ref wanted it out here, so... yeh.

On an unrelated note, I declare goobasmackle the coolest newb in the Ness Forums.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Can I get in the NBR? I play in tournaments and stuff lol.

BTW, I hate goobasmackle. Everything he has posted is negative and detrimental to the smash community. I hope he dies. I am absolutely srs about this (not really). You win for having a Ninten avvy. Mother 1 was my favorite.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Can I get in the NBR? I play in tournaments and stuff lol.

BTW, I hate goobasmackle. Everything he has posted is negative and detrimental to the smash community. I hope he dies. I am absolutely srs about this (not really). You win for having a Ninten avvy. Mother 1 was my favorite.
Sage has that mean joking around but yeah don't worry about him...

Anyway Now I shall go experiment with Ness for step 3...

Neon Ness

goobasmackle is cool, and I'm not just randomly saying this.

I talked to him on AIM, he's a cool guy. :D
Of course. In the NBR we refer to him as G-Money. Gettin' all the bling. Gettin' all the ladehz.

Also, yeah, I thought thesage was already in, but now he has to take the Chrono/EB360 Oni Challenge or Gaussis quiz to get in.

Pwaaaah.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Sage should have auto-entry. He's like one of our more experienced Nesses lol. Besides, why would we want to keep him out?

Neon Ness

He does have autoentry, I was actually being facetious... which doesn't translate well over the inturn3tz.

International symbol for do not take srsly.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wait whoah whoah whoah since when am I an entry tester? Lol...

And Goobsmackle has a kickass avatar. Ninten needs to be in the next smash using his bat like Marth.

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
Hi, this doesn't work. My friend and I tested it. DI and/or double jump beats this, I'm sorry to tell you.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Hi, this doesn't work. My friend and I tested it. DI and/or double jump beats this, I'm sorry to tell you.
Time an Aerial one to counter both DI and double jumps... Or just U air if they want to Keep Double jumping and aerial PKT2 is too hard...

Point is the more your opponent tries to avoid this the worse of situations they get into. In the air with No DJ? Not very good...

You can follow DI pretty easily.

Or you can even counter control the PKT.. Or wait for their down fall much like the up throw.

This is like jab locking... If your opponent techs you can't do it but you can tech chase with a dash attack or something. Or if your opponent smash DI's the jab lock.. You can still follow up well...

Masky

Smash Master
You can do pretty much anything to an opponent if they don't expect it...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think it's possible that this works on a few characters guaranteed. CPU though, but it looked they where still in the hitstun.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
OK, after reading this thread like 6 times, I think I finally got it down.....
Why isnt this in vid form yet?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Oh, so that's how you do it! Wow, this really is gonna make Ness god tier.
LOL Ness vs Fox matchup is now 90:10 Ness :D
So this only works on that EXACT percentage?

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Hows it hard to land Mr. Eh? :(

It's quite easy to setup, and screws up fastfallers at the right percent.

Even if the character DI's out of it, it almost always puts them in a bad spot anyway... (getting hit with the Thunderhead and it's hitstun...)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that this new dair -> PKT tailwhip -> PKT2 is a guaranteed "true" combo, that cannot possibly be avoided or if they do avoid they'll 100% always get hit by the PKT2 and die? If it is not, then it will not help Ness so much. But I hope it does, so even with the infinites Ness has on him he can easily probably go up from being in the ghetto tier up to maybe mid or high if this is easy to pull off.

Sakurai should have given the dair more hitstun. Maybe he knew of this trick and purposely put it in so it would work in this matter.

But the question is, how much +/- damage % can you be off for the people's respective percent when you have to hit them? Like if let's say you're trying to do this to Lucas and he needs to be at 36% in order to this to him, how much % can he be above or below 36% and it will still work out as planned?

That % only calculates the height the character is at, but that character also takes up space going up and sideways so he'd also maybe a few percent can be off that and it should work.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The percent can probably range about 5% higher....

It is not a true combo at all... It helps Ness a lot because it works whether it's not a true combo or not. Sort of like Jab locking... Jab locks can be smash DI'd out of fairly easily...

Top Bottom