• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The death range.... Project Ω

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
^ you two:

DOES THIS ACTUALLY WORK?!?!?!? IS IT TRUE?!?!?! DO WE HAVE A VIDEO?!?!?!?!

I want to work in all the complicated old techniques that people have forgotten, and this is one of them. I've already gotten started on PK Jump, so now I only need this and a couple of insane abilities like PKT2 floorblast cancel on a platform/ledge.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I read the whole thread. regardless, it still sounds useful to catch opponents off guard. imagine doing this on top of a platform, you won't have to worry much about getting punished because you'll just fall off of the platform, away from them.

PwNaG

Smash Rookie
I can do this off the corner of the platform on Smashville on most characters, except I use the Uair from below it and retreat. Using the Uair with this appears to only work below 10% and only results in a kill if they are on the very corner on the map and **** up.

I can't pull off the Dair one at all. CPUs escape it, players escape it... I must be missing something if Ref and Earthbound were praising it as much as they were. Any videos are appreciated. Any setups for the PK2 that are reliable are very valuable to the metagame.

_clinton

Smash Master
Said thing is fun to do, but I've had better luck with things like using Tink's Bombs as a kill set up.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Isn't there a youtube video for this?

100% sure there was.

And there's no need for a visual. Just hit them with dair and then do pkt2. It only works at a very small percent frame.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
There WAS a youtube video, and it helped me out a lot when I was viewing it. But then fastforward two years later when I want to repractice this long forgotten technique and the video is deleted.

I learn better visually, so a video would help greatly.

_clinton

Smash Master
Actually, that isn't spot on what we are talking about, but that video is still awesome.

jewstrike

Smash Rookie
Clinton if you understand it so well how about you take a video and show us? ;D I was sad when I couldn't view the video :c

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Well, the chart is up on the first post. We should all just try it out...

What I remembered from the video was a dair into an immediate PKT Swell Surprise.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I think you dont have pkfire mastered yet... Do you pkjump in matches?

Also, that thing, the recently posted one, isn't as difficult, but my opponents always seem to know about it.

_clinton

Smash Master
PK Jump is hardly the only thing you should master if you want to master PK Fire, firebound is on there as well. Along with 2x fire front/back, ledgefires (hardest thing IMO), lagless landings (easy here at least).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
What do you mean by firebound? If it's where you do something involving shooting pkfire forward and moving backward, I do that all the time.

Now one thing I don't do a lot is this technique. I don't really know the best times to use pkt2 onstage... And I think it's not right in saying this is 100%

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How you win at brawl...

oh god I don't know how to do that cuz it's a lose lose situation if you're playing it. =/

But yea guys, if you have problems doing this combo in brawl. Try doing it in smash64 or melee first. Dair has a lot more hitstun in that game. Not sure if it works in smash 64, but it definitely does on melee against non di-ing cpus.

It was pretty easy to do in brawl though. sh ac dair then do pkt after you lag manuever pkt to tailwhip oppoent then hit urself. Probably could be di'd out but that's a secret nobody knows.

Top Bottom