• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The death range.... Project Ω

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
I'll test more of this tomorrow to see if it's possible for Ness to react perfectly to any resistance from an opponent put in this combo. If he can change the combo on the fly to always land the PKT2 no matter what the opponent does, I'll let you know and my results.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Well, since Ness doesn't have levels in his PK moves, why not PK Thunder Ω (or PSI if you please).

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Eh... Your sig makes me seriously want to watch this Italian Spiderman parody. D:

On topic: I don't think Fox can escape this, I pulled this off 4 times on a friend, and he's not a bad fox. o_o

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Mr. Eh... Your sig makes me seriously want to watch this Italian Spiderman parody. D:

On topic: I don't think Fox can escape this, I pulled this off 4 times on a friend, and he's not a bad fox. o_o
Thats what I mean't by variaying characters. Some get royally screwed while others are. lol.

Jiggs for example is hard to do against.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
You should test this on Snake, Metaknight, GaW, ROB, and Wario. So maybe Ness can be somewhat competitive vs the top/high tiers. Then that will surely give Ness a few spots up on the tier list.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You should test this on Snake, Metaknight, GaW, ROB, and Wario. So maybe Ness can be somewhat competitive vs the top/high tiers. Then that will surely give Ness a few spots up on the tier list.
Ness already is competitive against them...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ness is already top tier. The backroom is just in denial because they're mad since they were all pwned by some random Ness player.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ness is already top tier. The backroom is just in denial because they're mad since they were all pwned by some random Ness player.
This, personally if you've looked around at brawl videos, a lot of decent/semi good players are being taken down by Ness' that are completely unheard of.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
According to the old Ness testament there is a range of percents, a retreat on a D air or U air that completely allows a perfect PKT2 swell surprise that kills...
so is research being done on a uair version? also, mario seems to be listed twice on the damage table.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I fixed that and right now the U air is not quite being tested because the D air is actually much easier to hit with than the U air grounded, or at least safer for the most part.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
The only disadvantage to down air is that it is like my most commonly used aerial on the stage, so it will rarely be fresh, which is what the percents are for. (Obviously the percents are going to be higher if the move is stale.)

whomeyayou

Smash Rookie
Actually, I don't mind that Ness appears underrated by everyone else. It just makes it easier to taunt them when you beat them.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Actually, I don't mind that Ness appears underrated by everyone else. It just makes it easier to taunt them when you beat them.
Who what where when why!?

I demand that we make this person our next Ness pro.

HEY, YOU.

Stick around the Ness Boards. Join our cult. Learn the strategies to prove that Ness is god tier.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Are there any videos of this because I'm pretty confused (never mind found them). I'd like to add this to my ness stuff since I've been ignoring the little guy lately. This should be awesome if I ever get it down.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
The Swell Surprise is when you hit your opponent with the tail of PKT while they're in they're immobile, you hit yourself and PKT2 into them... search YouTube, I'm sure you'll find it

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Isn't it possible for the opponent to di the dair? Wait... you can't di grounded meteor smashes can you?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Isn't it possible for the opponent to di the dair? Wait... you can't di grounded meteor smashes can you?
Every single time I've tried to do this, the opponent escaped simply by tilting themselves into the PK thunder, or behind me.
I watched the video, and it's right, it does work on a computer set to "control"., but that seems to be the only thing it works on. Someone tell me I'm doing it wrong.

To maker of the percent chart (Colin, right?):
37% for Toon Link? I've tried it and it's more like 24% (I greatly appreciate the research, but that percent seems way off)

ColinJF

Smash Ace
If you're right there could be a variety of explanations, like Toon Link being small combined with his low fall acceleration throwing off the premise of the chart (it doesn't work for Jigglypuff either). I'll look at it later.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I've kinda been getting this to work lately, but I've been getting it off at much lower percents. Am I doing something right or wrong? I got it to work on a couple of Snakes, a Lucario, Pikachu, and Fox. All except Fox I think being at a lower percent than listed.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
There's range of percents. The percent in my chart is just to make them go to one arbitrary height. Depending on their fall speed, the range could be fairly big. Now that I know more about how Brawl works, I might actually be able to work out the actual range, but I'll look into it later.

What I did earlier was basically an approximation, now I know the exact mechanics so I should be able to get the ranges.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Honestly, I think the percents calculated are around the limit to when you can hit with them. At earlier percents they fly away less so it's harder to react to it. Just make sure you don't hit them with the head of pkt.

It IS possible to di the dair.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Honestly, I think the percents calculated are around the limit to when you can hit with them. At earlier percents they fly away less so it's harder to react to it. Just make sure you don't hit them with the head of pkt.

It IS possible to di the dair.
You can DI like everything but for whatever reason how many times do you see someone DI the D air... Just do that DJ nonsense stuff.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Just try to dair to PKT wrap around them+PKT2 at lowish percents. That's how I get my omega combos. It can work, it's not 100% fullproof, but its success rate is good enough and a 30% PKT2 is death by most circumstances.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Sorry to necrobump this but I feel this is an important topic and questions I have for it are also important.

Why has this technique been abandoned? Has it been proven not to work or have people just forgotten about it? If it does work I'll add it to my gameplay right away. Are there any videos for this? I learn better with visual aids.

I would've tested and helped with this project a year ago, but I just got a Wii and Brawl this Christmas. I'll do what I can to help this project.

PwNaG

Smash Rookie
Would really like a video for this. Every time I've tried what you describe here, I fail.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Anybody wanna get a video working? I think I've seen something like this outta shaky's matches, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd do something, but I've got other things to do.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ugh I miss EB360, Ref, and thesage back when they existed. They helped discover so many Ness ATs. I bet if they were still around Ness would be god tier.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ugh I miss EB360, Ref, and thesage back when they existed. They helped discover so many Ness ATs. I bet if they were still around Ness would be god tier.
This is the best thing you could say. Hands down.

COME BACK, GUYS!!! ;_;

Top Bottom