• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Age of Gaming

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm not being facetious, but this literally makes no sense.
Ok then, I'll try to better get the idea across to you using another method. A series of questions.

You said earlier.

GTA 3 extablished sandbox gameplay for consoles,
Please explain why this makes the game good. After you do that, if your explanation does not fully divulge the root of what's good about the sandbox gameplay, I will ask another question about the vague parts. This will continue till either I cannot ask any more questions, or you cannot answer them.

D

Deleted member

Please explain why this makes the game good.
I'll take game design for 200.

how can a game that established gameplay for a LOT of major game releases eight years later not be a good game?

to give you an idea of "a lot":
rest of GTA franchise
Assasins creed
Red faction
crackdown
saints row
elkder scrolls
fable
mafia
the godfather: the game
infamous
red dead redemption

to name a few from the top of my head.
you might not liek this kind of game, you might not think they are new or original (remember that GTA3 in it's time WAS).
truth be told all of these games are all excellently built, have sold a lot of copies and the top half have all received one or more sequels.

And all games are based on the sandbox defined by GTA3.

your witness

D

Deleted member

as said, just a few from the top of my head.

also, fallout.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'll take game design for 200.

how can a game that established gameplay for a LOT of major game releases eight years later not be a good game?

to give you an idea of "a lot":
rest of GTA franchise
Assasins creed
Red faction
crackdown
saints row
elkder scrolls
fable
mafia
the godfather: the game
infamous
red dead redemption

to name a few from the top of my head.
you might not liek this kind of game, you might not think they are new or original (remember that GTA3 in it's time WAS).
truth be told all of these games are all excellently built, have sold a lot of copies and the top half have all received one or more sequels.

And all games are based on the sandbox defined by GTA3.

your witness
You didn't explain how this makes the game good. You gave examples of games which have used the same concept, but that does not tell anything about why the sandbox element is a good thing.

Also, you are assuming that I am saying that the sandbox element is not good. But I never said that, in fact I specifically said earlier:

Reasons are needed. The sandbox thing is a credible argument, but I'm not seeing anything else.
Make sure in the future not to derive subtexts about my motives that have not been defined. This is not an attempt for me to discredit the sandbox element, I specifically stated that I think the sandbox element is a good thing about the game.

This is purely an attempt to see if anyone can explain what makes the sandbox element inherently good.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you sure you want to make that claim?
Yes. I am probably a bigger literary snob than you are a video game snob. ;)

So if i wrote a book called "A Book with the Letter 'A'" and all it had was the letter A in it, it's an amazing book because it it accomplishes what it sets out to do? I think not.
There are some modern art exhibits you ought to check out.

Judging a book or a game is not about the goals they set and accomplish, it's about the extent of the goals and the extent to which they were accomplished. If Clifford sets out to 10 miles and goes 10 miles, but Harry Potter Sets out to go 100 miles and only goes 85, Harry Potter still accomplished more. In that same way, games are different in the goals they set out and complete, and assessing what those goals are and judging how they are accomplished is what makes us able to judge them overall.
How are you able to call Clifford at 10 miles and Harry Potter at 100 miles if you also acknowledge that they have different goals? "Different goals" amounts to "different values," which means they aren't comparable on the same scale. Meaning, Clifford goes 10 miles north on the surface of the earth, and Harry Potter goes 100 miles down into the ground. They end up in different places because they were intending to go different places.

What's your point?
Lol. You brought in a literary analogy, so I followed up with another. If the point isn't readily apparent, nevermind, because this isn't a thread about fiction.

Again, what's your point? I'm not talking about comparing games of the same genre. I'm talking about comparing games in general. I've already addressed why it's perfectly fine to do so in my previous post and in my rebuttal to your first quote.
The only thing I see that might be judged across the scale is technical skill, but you mentioned creative depth, so that's the thing I'm questioning.

Maybe to understand what you mean, just give me a breakdown of one aspect of a game (any game) that you think indicates high quality and why. And do it without making a comparison to any other game.

I could easily say graphics and story, but still I have another issue with this part. Certain genres will naturally have better qualities than others.
We all judge things by our own criteria. My criteria for games puts gameplay as the first priority. If you have an awesome combat system stuck in between long dramatic cut scenes, I will probably fast forward the cut scenes to get to the gameplay. Because, to me, games are not interactive movies. Games, whether they are card games or sports games, they are meant to be played. Everything else comes second.

Again, my own criteria. I don't expect anyone else to care about it. I weigh the experience of playing a game above all things. And I get the impression that you seem to undervalue or underestimate the technical skill it takes to give the player the type of experience that will keep them playing until the end. It isn't the story that hooks me (ever). It's the feeling that keeps me interested, the same as playing a game in the real world where you're just trying to score more points than the other guy. It's about risk and reward, and it isn't easy to do that with video games because everything is going on on a screen and the player is far more removed from the action than they would be if they were playing sports in real life.

GTA's storyline and characters are incredibly warped around the central gameplay element of the combat. The combat is all instant gratification, no depth, and the fact that the story and characters constantly refer back to the depthless, IG combat leads me to believe that the characters and story aren't deep either.
Why does having an interwoven relationship between characters, story, and gameplay lead you believe that character and story isn't deep? First of all, you would need to explain why the story isn't deep using the story itself as evidence, not its relationship to the gameplay. Saying that the story is closely related to gameplay doesn't indicate either high or low quality to me.

Secondly, I would consider it an achievement to have story elements tied directly into the gameplay. Again, games are not movies.

Now, this is an opinion, and opinion which I hold because I feel that games whose story and characters try to get you to refer to the same instant gratification over and over again, then the developers didn't mean for the characters to be anything other than devices to move toward the depthless, instantly gratifying fun.
Yes. You are correct. Characters are just devices that move toward a goal that is centered around gratification. And that is how you construct a game. There's a reason why Link never speaks. And it's the same reason for Samus. And for Pac-Man. And the L-Shaped Tetris Block.

For the vast majority of games (not all of them by any means, but the majority), the main character of the story is the player. The pixelated form on the screen is just an avatar. There are exceptions, and this isn't the only model for game design, it is a model, and it works.

Unlike, say, a MGS, or a Zelda, or a Tales game, which can tell a story independent of the gameplay. I'm not saying that this is bad for all games, or that MGS, Zelda, and Tales are better for these specific reasons, but I am saying that this not a quality point for GTA because the story and characters only direct you to the shallow, instantly gratifying gameplay.
Yes, but you haven't given an explanation for why "story independent of the gameplay" is a quality worth juding in a game. How does it impact the game in a way that enhances the experience of the player?

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
This thread really caught my eye.

"The Dark Age of Gaming"

I was about to post something really long but it didn't post for some reason so I'm going to make this short.
-----------------------------------------------
I don't get why so many people care too much about graphics. I don't care how good the graphics are, I just want a good game.

Creativity is very limited. Look at these games such as CoD. What characters do we see too much? Humans. Little imagination required. Look at Nintendo's characters. Let's look at someone we love. Kirby!!!:kirby2: He was a very simple character but he was the orginal character which made most people make an "All head character".

I have to admit that I also play shooter games now. But I find that there is little gaming varaiety. Every game is pretty much shooting now.

I just hope Nintendo may survive this and figure out what to do. I love their Super Smash Bros series.

D

Deleted member

You didn't explain how this makes the game good. You gave examples of games which have used the same concept, but that does not tell anything about why the sandbox element is a good thing.

Also, you are assuming that I am saying that the sandbox element is not good. But I never said that, in fact I specifically said earlier:

Make sure in the future not to derive subtexts about my motives that have not been defined. This is not an attempt for me to discredit the sandbox element, I specifically stated that I think the sandbox element is a good thing about the game.

This is purely an attempt to see if anyone can explain what makes the sandbox element inherently good.
Sorry if my implication was not clear enough but if a concept defined by GTA3 (sandbox gameplay) is able to spawn so many major games, the game has something going for it right?
Let's drag in super mario 64 into discussion for a moment.
what does that game have going for itself? original plot? hell no. interesting story or characters? I don't think so. Graphics? is debatable since it's one of the first N64 titles. The game was also riddled with glitches.
Then what had it going for it? just one thing: 3D platforming.
The same goes for GTA3. Besides defining the sandbox genre and just being a solid game story/graphics wise (not outstanding, just good).

and to react to Vmage: perhaps you should try so indie games. steam has some jewels on sale today.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Sorry if my implication was not clear enough but if a concept defined by GTA3 (sandbox gameplay) is able to spawn so many major games, the game has something going for it right?
Let's drag in super mario 64 into discussion for a moment.
what does that game have going for itself? original plot? hell no. interesting story or characters? I don't think so. Graphics? is debatable since it's one of the first N64 titles. The game was also riddled with glitches.
Then what had it going for it? just one thing: 3D platforming.
The same goes for GTA3. Besides defining the sandbox genre and just being a solid game story/graphics wise (not outstanding, just good).

and to react to Vmage: perhaps you should try so indie games. steam has some jewels on sale today.
Again, this isn't an explanation for what makes the sandbox element good. You're using the fact that it has been replicated in other games as an argument, but that argument is completely dependent on other games. By that logic, if no other games had used the sandbox element after GTA, it wouldn't be a good game mechanic, when that's just not true. The legacy of the element itself does not speak to its merits at all. It implies it, but it does not determine it.

That would be like me saying SM64's 3D platforming is great because other games have incorporated 3D platforming similar to it. This does not define what it is about the 3D platforming that makes it great, and by your logic, SM64's platforming wasn't great until another game used similar 3D platforming. Regardless of how many games used SM64's 3D platforming, it was still great 3D platforming for other reasons, and I'm asking you (now back to the sandbox thing) what about it makes it good.

ElNino - I'll be back to your post in a bit. This one was easier to respond to than yours. Yours is more complex than I have time for atm.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
No it means your opinion is dumb and you can't enjoy a good game

/your argument in OP
You obviously don't understand my argument in the OP. My argument is that depth determines what a good game is, not opinions. Depth is more definable than a raw opinion, therefore it's a better standard for defining what a good game is.

Regardless of my opinion of the game, I recognize the depth of the sandbox element which is why, though I didn't enjoy it, I recognize it as a good gameplay element.

Perhaps you should go back and read my arguments again, and this time try to comprehend them. If you haven't done so already, you're just going to keep making inaccurate refrences to my arguments, and your responses will be inaccurate because your understanding of my argument is inaccurate.

D

Deleted member

Again, this isn't an explanation for what makes the sandbox element good. You're using the fact that it has been replicated in other games as an argument, but that argument is completely dependent on other games. By that logic, if no other games had used the sandbox element after GTA, it wouldn't be a good game mechanic, when that's just not true. The legacy of the element itself does not speak to its merits at all. It implies it, but it does not determine it.

That would be like me saying SM64's 3D platforming is great because other games have incorporated 3D platforming similar to it. This does not define what it is about the 3D platforming that makes it great, and by your logic, SM64's platforming wasn't great until another game used similar 3D platforming. Regardless of how many games used SM64's 3D platforming, it was still great 3D platforming for other reasons, and I'm asking you (now back to the sandbox thing) what about it makes it good.

ElNino - I'll be back to your post in a bit. This one was easier to respond to than yours. Yours is more complex than I have time for atm.

You are heavily implying that popular opinion is wrong when it comes to defining a "good" element in games. something which in itself is flawed because good in itself in an opinion and you never gave a decent definition of what makes an element good in a game.
so as counter question, what do you consider a good element in a game (a specific element, not something vague as "depth" or "a good story", but instead something like "sandbox" or "portals"), and why that would be considered an objectively good element in a game.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
One should not be objective when calling games "good" and "bad". Without subjectivity, it is unfair to call a game "good" or "bad". Thus, it is unreasonable to call a game "good" or "bad" because it is all a matter of subjectivity and opinions.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know my favourite part about people (especially Nintendo fans) talking about the desire for superior depth and story progression are like all the ***gots that pan Majora's Mask.

Let's take a looksie at the details:

Majora's Mask had an original (omg no Ganon or Zelda WAT?) plot

It was more challenging (debatable but a lot who've completed OoT no problems I've found get stuck on MM)

The gameplay is more rich, I mean, you get to transform into different beings, 'nuff said.

It was perhaps the first game in history that interweaved a large cast of characters together, with all the connections and storylines revealing themselves as you helped different ones.

Fierce Deity Mask.

Better graphics

Better draw distance (yay)

And yet apparently, Ocarina of Time was better because it was *gasp* an innovator. So basically, the very same people who try to get games judged on their own merits, and criticise people for preferring ultra violent gorenography fests to some story based RPG/Adventure etc etc due to lack of appreciation in depth and plot, usually make the biggest folly when it comes to poor old Majora's Mask.

Which means they should stop talking and just realise that their opinion is not worth its weight in salt.

Savon

Smash Ace
I still stand by the idea that realistically speaking you cannot come up with a standard by which to judge videogames in terms of comparing them to others. Imagine if we tried to create a standard by which to judge different types of food or different sports. It just cannot be done in a manner that could fairly judge the foods or sports. People play games for VERY different reasons, and what makes a game appealing is extremely varied. The same way people try and compare Melee and Brawl all of the time. They are too different to make a comparison simply because people might be playing them for different reasons, or because some people value certain characteristics of a game more than others.

Games CANNOT be validly compared to one another .

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I disagree slightly with you, Savon. There are some grounds for comparisons between games, but you have to be reasonable about it. I think you can reasonably compare Halo to Call of Duty, because while they're very different, they still have enough things in common for a comparison. You're getting into shaky ground if you start comparing Halo (first person shooter) to SOCOM or Splinter Cell (third person shooters). And once you get outside of the genre, I completely agree, you can't compare games.

Savon

Smash Ace
I disagree slightly with you, Savon. There are some grounds for comparisons between games, but you have to be reasonable about it. I think you can reasonably compare Halo to Call of Duty, because while they're very different, they still have enough things in common for a comparison. You're getting into shaky ground if you start comparing Halo (first person shooter) to SOCOM or Splinter Cell (third person shooters). And once you get outside of the genre, I completely agree, you can't compare games.
Well let me rephrase it. You cannot compare in terms of which is better than the other. Unless one game is just flat out TERRIBLE, you cannot validly compare a game in reference to which one is better than another. That is what I meant by comparing. You can compare and contrast Halo and Call of Duty, but can you honestly say one is better than the other? I think not. I personally prefer Call of Duty over Halo, but I do not think I can validly say CoD is better for *insert reasons*

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
InferiorityComplex; said:
After thinking a little bit....

Something I'd like to point out is, much like Twilight and Lady Gaga before (actually, no, after) them, the kinds of games OP is criticizing would be tolerable if it weren't for the fandom that insists they're the best thing to happen to entertainment and that absolutely nothing else is legitimate.

In this case, hate the players, not the game? :D
yea this. I hate showing my friends great games that aren't fps's and getting ridiculed because they take skill or they take time.

People just have bad taste. Music, games anything. Or they've all just been brainwashed. They like what they're "supposed" to like

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
yea this. I hate showing my friends great games that aren't fps's and getting ridiculed because they take skill or they take time.

People just have bad taste. Music, games anything. Or they've all just been brainwashed. They like what they're "supposed" to like
Wait, what does that have to do with the post you quoted at all...? InferiorityComplex was saying that it's the fans that get annoying and you SHOULDN'T blame the actual thing. You're saying that people either have bad taste or like things just because they're cool, thus blaming the actual thing for being bad in the first place.

I'm confused.

Also "bad taste" is a pretty terrible term, because taste and good/bad are totally subjective, and it's therefore pretty much just a way to say "My opinion is superior to yours" in a socially acceptable way.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yes. I am probably a bigger literary snob than you are a video game snob. ;)
Having a standard does not make me a snob. My problem is that in today's culture games are judged by the fickle populace, which makes the standards for good gaming dependent on the mood swings of the culture, rather than the merits of the games. I don't accept that, because the culture always shows bias towards a certain type of gaming and changes too frequently. I'd much rather see games judged on a standard by which all games can be judged, and that, I feel, should be depth.

There are some modern art exhibits you ought to check out.
I hold no regard for the more ridiculous aspects of modern art.

How are you able to call Clifford at 10 miles and Harry Potter at 100 miles if you also acknowledge that they have different goals? "Different goals" amounts to "different values," which means they aren't comparable on the same scale. Meaning, Clifford goes 10 miles north on the surface of the earth, and Harry Potter goes 100 miles down into the ground. They end up in different places because they were intending to go different places.
The red is the entire problem with your response. You're ignoring the entire part about finding a common ground. The directions they go in and the places they end up are irrelevant, because those are not common grounds. The comparable grounds in this situation is mileage. The fact that one goes one way and the other goes another does not change the fact that one went more miles than another, and that's what I'm comparing.

What does this mean in terms of gaming? This means that when comparing games you find something common between the two and see which does more within that common ground. An example of how this is done is in the following quote.

Hypothetical Situation (not meant to make any implications about a game whatsoever): Comparing CoD combat to AC combat, people decided that for "X" reasons MW's combat sets goals and accomplishes those goals to a greater EXTENT than the EXTENT to which AC's combat sets and accomplishes goals.

The common ground is NOT CoD and AC's combat, but the EXTENT to which their goals are set and accomplished. Pay attention to the green, because this is a common ground that all games can be compared to each other by.

From there, to determine the green you repeat the process by finding more common grounds. You do this by using a basic three question method:

1. How does it want to go?

2. To what extent does it want to go?

3. To what extent does it go how it wants to go in action?

Example: CoD and AC's combat both involve a movement system.

1.What does CoD's movement system attempt to accomplish - CoD's movement system attempts to create an ability for the player to get from one place to another, change directions, and change viewpoints.

2. To what extent does it attempt to accomplish it? - It attempts to accomplish this and then some through the use of perks that modify the movement system.

3. To what extent is it actually accomplished? - Not only does CoD's movement system allow you to achieve the aforementioned criteria without hassle, it also allows you alter the experience of the movement system to suit your preference by utilizing specific perks.

Now, compare these criteria to similar criteria befitting AC's movement system.

1. What goals does it set out to accomplish? AC's movement system attempts to create the ability for the player to get from one place to another and change directions. AC's movement system does not set out to accomplish more of a basic task than CoD.

2. To what extent? AC's movement system attempts to enhance the basic movements by creating an interactive environment by which environmental factors better the movement process.

3. To what extent is it actually accomplished? AC's movement successfully incorporates most of its vast environment into the movement system without flaw and with fines.

Now this is the ultimate question: Which game's movement system attempts and succeeds at the goals TO THE GREATEST EXTENT? (Pay attention to the exact wording of this question, because it is NOT asking "Whose movement system is better, AC or CoD?" That is NOT the question.)

Once this question is answered, you have a judgement of which game has more depth in that particular area. You continue this an all other areas of common ground in the game and, in the end, which game has more areas of depth.
The ultimate question, if anything, is where opinion may come in to play, and I acknowledge this, but using this method of judging a game will always be better than judging a game by "which was more fun" or "which sold the most" because this is a less subjective and more sophisticated, rational process. Because an opinion about the depth of a gameplay is less radical than an opinion about the game as a whole, and, when using this method, due to the use of common grounds, there are concepts which people can identify with, making those opinions backed with evidence.

My trust is in the understood standards of general culture, that, when it comes to the ultimate question, people will assume the popular standards that judge a book, or movie, or art, but in the context of gaming, and not be outlandish in their conclusions.

The only thing I see that might be judged across the scale is technical skill, but you mentioned creative depth, so that's the thing I'm questioning.
Actually, I don't recall every using or referring to the phrase "creative depth." In the OP I made a statement about "creativity and depth" but that =/= creative depth. Also, I apologize because upon reading the OP again, I realize that I included too much drama and emotion in getting my point across. Much of it is tactlessly worded and does no adequately express the points I was trying to make. I should probably update it with some clarifying info as to the state of the arguments.

Maybe to understand what you mean, just give me a breakdown of one aspect of a game (any game) that you think indicates high quality and why. And do it without making a comparison to any other game.
That can't be done, because judging any game singularly comes down solely on preference. For example: I can't say that OoT has a great story if I can't compare it to a standard for stories. If you will allow me to inject a standard into my evaluations, then I can proceed. Otherwise, I'd just be saying, this is good because I say it's good.

We all judge things by our own criteria. My criteria for games puts gameplay as the first priority. If you have an awesome combat system stuck in between long dramatic cut scenes, I will probably fast forward the cut scenes to get to the gameplay. Because, to me, games are not interactive movies. Games, whether they are card games or sports games, they are meant to be played. Everything else comes second.
But what you don't realize is that your assessment of games could affect the way games were made, if the majority of people thought the same way.And my point is that this independent judgement of games does no justice to the game itself, because the popular criteria reflects what the people want, and how future games will be made. If the popular criteria for a good games were "hack-and-slash" gameplay then more "hack-and-slash" gameplay would be made not because there is anything inherently good with "hack-and-slash" gameplay, but because people said they liked it, and that is a pretty stupid standard. Right now, the only thing that says that Halo/CoD/whatever is a good game is the popular opinion. If the popular opinion were against it, then those games would be deemed as bad or unworthy to be made, and less would be made. This does not do justice to the games because there is no standard, but this is precisely what is happening to gaming right now. The popular opinion is moving towards the side of less depth, and as a result less deep games are being made.

Rather than allow the public to decide what's good about a game or not, I propose that people evaluate depth, because historically depth has been the deciding factor for what makes a game good.

I'm going to drop the whole side argument about GTA because it unnecessarily detracts from the main point I've been trying to make. You may consider this a concession to your arguments on that matter if you'd like, because though I had rebuttals to them, I am choosing not to rebutt for the sake of the more universal cause.

I've got a couple more posts to respond to as well. I haven't forgotten.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Don't worry guys, we'll totally have an answer people agree on at the end of this thread, and we'll put a stop to bad games, so JRPG's can finally fill our hearts with joy.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
This isn't really on topic, but it's been bothering me for a while and I think it needs to be said:

Nintendo needs to take the cuffs off of Retro Studios and let them develop their own original IP. I think they've proven with MP Trilogy and DKC Returns that they're a great developer. As much as I love DKCR, every time I play it I think to myself, "Self, this is cool and all, but how great would it be if instead of reviving dead Nintendo franchises Retro was given Nintendo's full financial and publishing support to do their own thing?"

That could single handedly end the Dark Age of Gaming.

RATED

Smash Lord
Don't worry guys, we'll totally have an answer people agree on at the end of this thread, and we'll put a stop to bad games, so JRPG's can finally fill our hearts with joy.
and that would take to other games to complain about "that age of gaming".

is a cycle, you will see.

Why don't just play the games you want and let others do the same.

That's like saying that Heavy Metal is bad because you don't like it.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
FPS can only deviate so much from its general formula.

People forgetting that games are fantastical forms of escapism, not real life simulators. :/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
and that would take to other games to complain about "that age of gaming".

is a cycle, you will see.

Why don't just play the games you want and let others do the same.

That's like saying that Heavy Metal is bad because you don't like it.
I'm not sure if I'm misreading your post or something, but Falcon was being 110% sarcastic.

finalark

SNORLAX
I stopped reading once you used to words "Sympnonia" and "intelligence" in the same sentence without the word "no" in between them.

From what I read it sounds like either someone who's trying to start a flame war or some fanboy who's convinced that every one of Japan's magical games is twice as good as anything us stupid foreigners would ever make.

And saying that Assassin's Creed, God of War and Halo have no intelligence in them is like saying that the CDO was a world-wide success.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I stopped reading once you used to words "Sympnonia" and "intelligence" in the same sentence without the word "no" in between them.

From what I read it sounds like either someone who's trying to start a flame war or some fanboy who's convinced that every one of Japan's magical games is twice as good as anything us stupid foreigners would ever make.

And saying that Assassin's Creed, God of War and Halo have no intelligence in them is like saying that the CDO was a world-wide success.
Yep, I'd assume that is what happens when you read things out of context, prejudge, and can't comprehend ideas.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Well clearly you know nothing about real life.
Do you survive through multiple headshots in the face? I must be missing out on some secret.

Oh, and I should have known near immediate health regeneration took up all knowledge of real life. Someone needs to get out more.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I just look for a challenge in my games. I actually really like iPod games. Games like Cube Runner, Retro Revolution, Robotic Unicorn, Fruit Ninja, Daisy Mea's Alien Buffet and Hungry Shark are all great!
I also really like Call of Duty... Zombies. I love trying out new ideas to get farther and trying new methods of advancing to maxed out drinks and upgraded weapons.

Then again, I enjoy fast paced feel good games such as CoD, Assassins Creed or Donte's Inferno. They have to have a good story line though.
The new RPG's are games like Red Dead Redemption or Fallout. I played all of the way through Red Dead in practically one day. It was just like a good book. I couldn't wait to see what happens next! I just had to keep on playing. Fallout 3 was pretty much he same way.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
What? A reasonable opinion about gaming and one's own likes and dislikes?

This has no place in this thread! :mad:

Top Bottom