• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I've got the following working:

Multiple .pac files, because there's three versions of Spear Pillar?

Note: Platforms are frozen in Plussery, unfortunately.
Download here.
ugh, do not want... once i get mine to stop freezing i'll post it, but that really looks unappealing... i hate everything BBrawl has done with stages.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, the important thing to note for mine is that tethers still work properly. The death boundary is further down than the shot looks, and the collision for the cave below is gone.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For Sky World, make the top platforms breakable but pass through from bottom only and leave the bottom platform unbreakable.

Also, being able to wall jump past the camera boundary sounds kind of silly competitive wise. Wall clingers will love the stall.

PS2 should have moon grav removed but keep decreased ugrav. Electric...I dunno.

shanus

Smash Hero
I would love to see spearpillar adjusted to keep the same size as before, but with bottom removed, and the top bottom stretch downwards a la fountain of dreams for crazy wall jump recoveries and the like.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
PC: i forgot to mention that, of the 3 statuses for the platfroms (unbreakable/breakable/cloud), i cannot have breakable and cloud in the same stage - as such, just having the top platform as cloud-with-hitlag is the best i can do

shadic: imma pm Bio and ask him to throw one of your posts near the OP...thanks for your contributions

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
What is the folder structure that I would use to make the stages here playable? I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question. Thank you for any of your answers.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out what it was.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, the important thing to note for mine is that tethers still work properly. The death boundary is further down than the shot looks, and the collision for the cave below is gone.
i don't care. i hate that layout. its nothing against you (or maybe it is?) but that is a lazy layout, completely uncreative given what can be done with that stage, and shows me that there has been little to no effort at all on the part of the hacker to try and make a unique stage. i hated it when i read what they did in the BBrawl thread because it was lazy and i hate what you've done now because you keep perpetuating the same stage design despite the fact that more can be done with the stage.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have collision working for YI:M+, but the graphics refuse to stretch. i think i'll also start on BoE+ (bombs ftw) and fix up BB+ (wall of road ftl).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Also, being able to wall jump past the camera boundary sounds kind of silly competitive wise. Wall clingers will love the stall.

PS2 should have moon grav removed but keep decreased ugrav. Electric...I dunno.
I don't see people wall-cling stalling on SSE: Jungle, and those walls are cling/walljump-able anywhere. And this tactic would most likely get you in trouble with tournament stalling rules, anyway.
It's the fact that sometimes, people would try to wall-jump to assist their recovery, only to be barely below that threshold of the walljump-able wall, and fall to their doom. And even if they can memorize the location of every one of these thresholds (which is simply silly to have to do), it can easily be misjudged in the midst of battle.

And for PS2 with changing fields, the subject has been brought up about 2 pages back. I suggested that the wind field only make it a tiny bit more floaty, like somewhere around vBrawl's floatiness, and the electric stage's belts slowed down by about half-speed. But these changes might or might not be possible to do at this point in time (no one has tried, yet). (And to find a SSE stage with a similar layout to the basic field design of the neutral PS2 and use that to satisfy anyone complaining about the lost of that layout as a permanent thing.)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I don't see people wall-cling stalling on SSE: Jungle, and those walls are cling/walljump-able anywhere. And this tactic would most likely get you in trouble with tournament stalling rules, anyway.
It's the fact that sometimes, people would try to wall-jump to assist their recovery, only to be barely below that threshold of the walljump-able wall, and fall to their doom. And even if they can memorize the location of every one of these thresholds (which is simply silly to have to do), it can easily be misjudged in the midst of battle.

And for PS2 with changing fields, the subject has been brought up about 2 pages back. I suggested that the wind field only make it a tiny bit more floaty, like somewhere around vBrawl's floatiness, and the electric stage's belts slowed down by about half-speed. But these changes might or might not be possible to do at this point in time (no one has tried, yet). (And to find a SSE stage with a similar layout to the basic field design of the neutral PS2 and use that to satisfy anyone complaining about the lost of that layout as a permanent thing.)
Jungle is a lot bigger than PS2, it's not just layout. Jungle is probably a doubles neutral, while PS2 is a singles neutral

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
i don't care. i hate that layout. its nothing against you (or maybe it is?) but that is a lazy layout, completely uncreative given what can be done with that stage, and shows me that there has been little to no effort at all on the part of the hacker to try and make a unique stage. i hated it when i read what they did in the BBrawl thread because it was lazy and i hate what you've done now because you keep perpetuating the same stage design despite the fact that more can be done with the stage.
Dear god man. If you don't like it, just say so.
You want something else on the stage? Do something other than complain about it, Christ. You're not an idiot, posting something intelligent without that crap shouldn't too hard for you. Mockups, suggestions, anything worth bothering reading.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would love to see spearpillar adjusted to keep the same size as before, but with bottom removed, and the top bottom stretch downwards a la fountain of dreams for crazy wall jump recoveries and the like.
Is it actually possible to edit the stage itself yet? I know the wall collisions can be made with BrawlWall, but they'd just be invisible unless the model is edited.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is it actually possible to edit the stage itself yet? I know the wall collisions can be made with BrawlWall, but they'd just be invisible unless the model is edited.
of what he's asking, its actually easy (resize bottom bone x and y).

on an unrelated topic to SP (shadic and i talked it out), i have a BoE hack that people may enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0ziolzzztzm

i may edit boundaries some before full release, but i wanted to get people's opinions on it for the time being.

i've also taken a look at Big Blue+ (lolneko). i need to work some more with the size of the jumps, but once i find the right sizes it should fix everything (lolwallofroad).

one more thing: i've edited the collision for YI:M, but it looks odd without the stage being stretched. i don't know what would need to be done to fix this issue... yet.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Fixed Hyrule Temple:​
Changed:
  • All collision data for platforms other than that focused on in the screenshot has been moved outside of the blast zones - Effectively gone.
  • Fall-through platform in middle of stage is not fall-through any more. (You can still go up through it though, have fun!
  • Tiny Platform under the ex-fall-through platform has removed collision.
  • All character starting locations, item spawn points, Final Smash locations (Exception: Ice Climbers, who refuse to move but are still decent) are fixed.

What needs to be done:
Graphic stuff -
  • Removal/movement of right hand side of stage elsewhere.
  • Removal/movement of bottom half of stage elsewhere.
  • Movement of tiny platform under middle of stage. (Note: Collision is gone, but graphics aren't.)

If anybody wants to do the graphics, they'll have my appreciation.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
good job. picked the best part of the stage too. i it had bones i'd do it myself, but AMK can probably clean it up for you.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You know, if it wasn't for the speed up, Rumble Falls would be a pretty decent stage. The massive power of that 45 degree spike is overshadowed by a simple tech if it actually hits you. Ladders are dumb though, but meh.

It isn't walk off either....is there any way to get rid of the Rumble Falls speed up?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That Bridge of Eldin was the extra version that I wanted to be create for a while now. I'm glad someone with the ability finally did it. Awesome!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think Brawl+ should switch to the Stage Select Screen that PW posted a ways back. Didn't that have support for actual new stages, instead of replacing others?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
We'd love to put in the SSS code if we can get the **** code working LOL

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I thought Maestro had it working properly? Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. But yeah. Replacing Temple makes me sad, especially considering that I think I just made tournament legal. :laugh:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
We'd love to put in the SSS code if we can get the **** code working LOL
If its just to add on those extra 9 stages to the melee screen, PW posted an example that did just that. Maestro's got an entire SSS revamp though that brings back WWR without replacing Rumble Falls(and also without chewing up on of your 9 stage slots).

The only problems I've experienced with the code is that All Star mode WILL freeze and that the 9 stages appear on thge My Music menu as well(not a problem. The game just locks up if you select any of them).

As for what 9 stages we should put in...I've already posted 2 I thought were great. I also use Midair Stadium, Smash Skiff, and then a couple of casual stages like Falcon Destination/Realm of Falcon, SSE Canyon, Ridley Destination, and that glacier that MK and Lucario fought on.

As for each of the stages posted here that replace an already existing stage with a competitive version...I've used Dantarion's code to have both selectable. If I want to play on Shadic's temple, I have it set to Start+Up as a button command.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
[*]All collision data for platforms other than that focused on in the screenshot has been moved outside of the blast zones - Effectively gone.
You didn't have to move the collisions. Just change the array for the object so that it only includes the ones you want to keep. Although, if some unwanted collisions are mixed in with the wanted ones, moving them would be necessary. I guess there's a few ways of doing it.

good job. picked the best part of the stage too. i it had bones i'd do it myself, but AMK can probably clean it up for you.
I really don't want to "fix" Temple... at least not the way I did the others. For NPC I messed with the polygons to move the unwanted points to the origin. In the case of summit, I was finding the vertices through trial and error and then changing the floating point values to move them. I tried fortwaffles' method of vertex editing once and failed but that's probably what should be done here.

I had an Idea for rumble falls awhile ago. I'm going to start on that soon.
I also had an idea for BoE a long time ago. I can do it now so... soon.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You didn't have to move the collisions. Just change the array for the object so that it only includes the ones you want to keep. Although, if some unwanted collisions are mixed in with the wanted ones, moving them would be necessary. I guess there's a few ways of doing it.
Bah. How would you go about that? If there's a guide somewhere, I missed it. :ohwell:

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Edited the op with what? shadic's stuff? hes putting all his stuff in one of his own posts, which ill link to...once he gets around to it...

and amk, isnt that...old? speaking of which, i have an update for that, specifically the object portion...

Code:
0x00-0x01: plane array start #
0x02-0x03: # of planes
0x04-0x13: blank?
0x14-0x1b: object bottom left
0x1c-0x23: object top right
0x24-0x25: point array start #
0x26-0x27: # of points
0x28-0x2b: unknown (not always blank)
0x2c-0x4b: object name
0x4c-0x6b: bone name
btw, skyworld hacking is coming along nicely...but actually ordering the data took forever...its got like 90 points v_v

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Anyone knows how to change the way karts move in mario kart stage or at least deleting them like this version of fzero?

I want to change the view in that stage, but I want shy guys work properly or at least delete them ^^U

Forget about the hands, I was doing funny tests xD

Top Bottom