• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Tested NPC+, gotta say I loved it but why is the breakable platform still there? If you can't remove it? why not break it at the start of the match and don't allow it to respawn a la Skyworld?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For NPC, can the chimera spawn points be edited at all? If so, just make him spawn where the bridge is and he'll immeadiately fall to his death while letting out that hilarious cry of his. It might solve the matter of him being invisible and darkening the screen anyhow.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I couldn't move the platform or model edit it away (strangely), even if I could model edit it out the hurtbox would still be there. Right now I'm waiting on Dant's Miscdata[20] info. The Chimera doesn't like to spawn on the platform if it's broken. He can also just spawn and walk on air without issue - the only thing that triggers the fall is breaking the platform while he is on it. What I want to do is make him appear somewhere in the air and go straight to free-fall. Or maybe I could throw in a little shocked animation in the entry and then fall. Don't know how to do it right now but that's the idea. Then I have to get rid of the screen tint and that'll be it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
He can also just spawn and walk on air without issue
Ultimate Chimera indeed...Well, I'll wait on Dantarion's info. It should make many things possible as far as stages are concerned and such. Although I wouldn't really mind if the chimera remained to be honest.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
All the hacked stages are awesome. I have a question though, about Green Greens+. Is anyone working on that yet? Just so you guys know, I was playing on there and im 99% sure an apple exploded, mostly because the explosion hit me. In one of the first posts it says you might remove apples whether they explode or not, so just letting you know incase you didn't that they explode. Unless im losing my mind...lol anyway when I added in the codes for BB+ they messed up my Summit+ and Summits mountain was acting like it was going down the hill even though it wasn't. Not sure why it did that. Anyway im looking forward to all the stages being completed.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate Chimera indeed...Well, I'll wait on Dantarion's info. It should make many things possible as far as stages are concerned and such. Although I wouldn't really mind if the chimera remained to be honest.
Is it possible to edit the chimera to have no hitbox and/or function for its bite at all? Then it would just appear cosmetically with light effects. Best of both worlds.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
But but...chimera is fun. 99% of the time...well, if you get hit by the chimera you probably deserved it. I think Amazing Ampharos said something along those lines in the BBrawl thread, and I agree with him. It's insanely telegraphed and easy to get away from.

IMO, best option is to have it stay but with lowered knockback. Instakill may be a bit much.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
All the hacked stages are awesome. I have a question though, about Green Greens+. Is anyone working on that yet? Just so you guys know, I was playing on there and im 99% sure an apple exploded, mostly because the explosion hit me. In one of the first posts it says you might remove apples whether they explode or not, so just letting you know incase you didn't that they explode. Unless im losing my mind...lol anyway when I added in the codes for BB+ they messed up my Summit+ and Summits mountain was acting like it was going down the hill even though it wasn't. Not sure why it did that. Anyway im looking forward to all the stages being completed.
this should fix both:

Level Freezer[Phantom Wings/Almas, 9 Lines]
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000015
2A180F3A 00000017
0416A904 3E4CCCCC
2A180F3A 00000004
0416A904 3F000000
2A180F3A 00000005
0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024
2A180F3A 0000002D
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
0416A904 3FD99999
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

as for GG's apples, we do know they explode. for the type fo changes we want i'd say dantarion would probably have to code something up since BBox and BWall aren't enough.

But but...chimera is fun. 99% of the time...well, if you get hit by the chimera you probably deserved it. I think Amazing Ampharos said something along those lines in the BBrawl thread, and I agree with him. It's insanely telegraphed and easy to get away from.

IMO, best option is to have it stay but with lowered knockback. Instakill may be a bit much.
in the regular NPC its telegraphed. on NPC+ you have very little space to run and if we did keep it, it would spawn on top you 60% of the time. doesn't matter how telegraphed it is, if it randomly spawns and kills you at the same time its not good.

Keep the monster with lowered KB and % damage. duh.
this would be fine, but i would like to see the creature shrunken too. its current size is too large for such a small battle area. however, unless we make it 1/4 its current strength (at minimum) it should not come back.

edit: i'm also going to take a crack at PS1 again (all forms) to see what i can do.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ok, just a little fix to amk's NPC+

i got a request from neko to raise the bottom death and camera boundaries, and i think i managed to remove that platform that amk removed the collision data for

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzvnjhjy0mz

also, can i get any requests for skyworld? just throw stuff out there...i can do a lot, but dont know where to start...

AK should update his NPC post with this.

Also, Popo/Maestro. How goes work of MK Duel?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Just so you know, the chimera doesn't attack you as it spawns. I've had that thing spawn over me several times on the old NPC, and even as Ganon, I've been able to simply walk away.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
namq also added a few things to my file, so that one's outdated as well

and mk duel has been mapped out (thanks for working, BrawlWall!) but i havent done anything further

and dant, if you ever read this, can you tell me what your mk 1-2 code does exactly? neko, if you know (like, what each line of the code does) id be very grateful to know

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
namq also added a few things to my file, so that one's outdated as well

and mk duel has been mapped out (thanks for working, BrawlWall!) but i havent done anything further

and dant, if you ever read this, can you tell me what your mk 1-2 code does exactly? neko, if you know (like, what each line of the code does) id be very grateful to know
be sure to test the stage, I want to edit one thing on the floor (it's not glitchy) but if you fast fall on it you get akward friction (it was like that as the stage default) but it's just akward

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, was just wondering (I haven't gone through this entire thread so sorry if this already exists) could someone release a download of the GCT with the level freezer already packaged. Or at least a TXT of the new GCT so I can add it myself, I can't seem to find a TXT of the latest GCT.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Just so you know, the chimera doesn't attack you as it spawns. I've had that thing spawn over me several times on the old NPC, and even as Ganon, I've been able to simply walk away.
really? well, then i guess we would just need to weaken it then. my bad.

mk duel? que?

Hey guys, was just wondering (I haven't gone through this entire thread so sorry if this already exists) could someone release a download of the GCT with the level freezer already packaged. Or at least a TXT of the new GCT so I can add it myself, I can't seem to find a TXT of the latest GCT.
for B+ we'll be releasing a stage pack DLC with an updated GCT. if you want it for vBrawl/BBrawl then you'll need to wait till we release the pack anyway for the txt.

MK26

Smash Master
mk duel = neko's idea for mk 1-2

also: ps1 with fixd miscdata2
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozzzzi5meiu
now all we need is the windmill code

(i had to change the fire multiplier to 0.6 all around - the miscdata doesnt consider the platforms and the huge rock as separate objects, and i wasnt going to give myself more work than i needed to)

EDIT: derp, byebye old link

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
On the rock transformation, the collision data for the rock's floor/ledge is higher than the actual ground (higher by around the height of a crouching Pikachu).
Other than that, everything else is fine. Except this file doesn't have the fixed ledge, so it would be nice if that's included in the next version, or at least the final version.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
mk duel = neko's idea for mk 1-2

also: ps1 with fixd miscdata2
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozzzzi5meiu
now all we need is the windmill code

(i had to change the fire multiplier to 0.6 all around - the miscdata doesnt consider the platforms and the huge rock as separate objects, and i wasnt going to give myself more work than i needed to)
oooooh. i was thinking mk = meta knight.

good job with getting to PS1 (i got distracted by school and dead space).

MK26

Smash Master
yeah, i forgot to add in the fixed ledge

but...i dont quite get what youre saying there, it all seems right on my end...i would loooooooove a picture

btw, how does moving the right platforms to the right a bit sound?

EDIT: everybody, go into the b+ chat and join #stages

guzzleboy478

Smash Rookie
Wonder if it's possible to make STGHEAL playable? All you'd have to do is remove the left and right walls and the roof, right?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just a thought, for Yoshi's Island Melee, is this design too crazy/farfetched/mindblowing? http://i46.tinypic.com/w7d4yv.jpg >__>

It's just a theory right now, so I don't know how it would work, or if anyone would even want to play on something like this.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, you could sit under the tilted ledge part. That'd be an issue.

Hobo's idea was pretty good.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There would probably be ways to prevent that, either by removing the collision data of the floor or by blocking off that area with an invisible wall. Or this... http://i46.tinypic.com/2rz99vb.jpg =P

But this was just a silly, not really serious idea so I'm not gonna push it or anything.

Top Bottom