• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

ValTroX

Smash Ace
finally some new stuff to test. In the last NPC+ the upper blastzone was kinda big, you guys should check that out. Also the camera seems to go way too far sometimes, Anyways, gonna test the new one right now :)
EDIT: WTF is the MK1-2 that Neko is always talking about?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i only update the op with my finished ****

which wwr can easily be

get hype

#stages for all you stage hacking needs

**** lol...mansion+ has 145 downloads

EDIT: on second thought, 0.6x is probably too small
on third thought, too small is probably a good thing

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've got a couple of ideas for a new victory screen. I've actually sent Neko a pic of one of them, but it's got a couple of issues.

Does anybody know how to alter where people appear in the screens?

Also, NPC+ is awesome.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So for MK1-2, I'm guessing the platforms were made to come in sets of 3, then stop coming for a little while, in order to prevent camping those platforms, right?
Also, there's a problem...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
So yeah, those collision data needs to be taken out (or the blocks destroyed beforehand; either way).

Also, is there a way to make the destroyable blocks on the stage regenerate after a bit of time, like in 20-30 seconds?

Another thing: wall jumping anywhere on the walls using Dantarion's BrawlWall? (And then stages like Yoshi's Island, WarioWare, Castle Seige needs those fixes as well.)

EDIT: That WWR looks a tad too small. I think it should be bigger, since the sandbag is there to prevent much projectile spamming, so it being a little bigger than FD wouldn't be a problem.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
MK1-2 could use these imo.

Move the main ground up.
Move the plats closer.
Stop having them come in sets of 3 because you can't really camp those platforms without getting caught simply because they consistently move towards blast zones.
Move plats closer to stage.
Increase the size of the plats.
Remove the blocks off to the size.
Lower total HP of blocks over main stage.
Set a 1 min respawn rate imo.

MK26

Smash Master
So for MK1-2, I'm guessing the platforms were made to come in sets of 3, then stop coming for a little while, in order to prevent camping those platforms, right?
Also, there's a problem...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
So yeah, those collision data needs to be taken out (or the blocks destroyed beforehand; either way).

Also, is there a way to make the destroyable blocks on the stage regenerate after a bit of time, like in 20-30 seconds?

Another thing: wall jumping anywhere on the walls using Dantarion's BrawlWall? (And then stages like Yoshi's Island, WarioWare, Castle Seige needs those fixes as well.)

EDIT: That WWR looks a tad too small. I think it should be bigger, since the sandbag is there to prevent much projectile spamming, so it being a little bigger than FD wouldn't be a problem.
wtf lol random-azz floating blocks
and coming in 3s is according to the stage, not any of my changes
as for regeneration, iunno...might have to ask a coder...i can try making them last a really long time...

Move the main ground up.
Move the plats closer.
Stop having them come in sets of 3 because you can't really camp those platforms without getting caught simply because they consistently move towards blast zones.
ill see what i can do

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Move the main ground up.
Move the plats closer.
You listed moving the platforms closer twice...
I think the coming in sets of 3 thing is fine. They come often enough that the lack of a ledge isn't that much of a problem.
The blocks only have 6 HP, and is automatically destroyed when you bump it from the bottom, so they're pretty easy to destroy. If the HP is reduced, then we don't need a regeneration time that's that long. Maybe one or the other.

And I don't think making it with more HP but without regeneration is a good idea, since that would just make the beginning of the match have a longer lasting Cave of Immortality and the mid/end of the match simply block-less.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Coming in sets of 3 is an issue when the time it takes for a new set is pretty large with a stage that has no edges in a fast-paced game.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Would speeding up the stage by a little bit work, then? That would make the time gap between the platforms less. And as a bonus, it would also making temporary camping of the platforms a little harder.

Also, I finally tested the PS1, and why is it using the regular model of PS1 (instead of FroHo's edited model), but has the lowered collision data for the fire and rock field?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
PS1 was fixed iirc. He just hasnt given the proper link. I think.

idk about speeding up MK1-2. The ratio of plats being there to plats not being there would still be the same. :/

MK26

Smash Master
pc, we fixed that in the latest version

but this is a new one

gogogo melee windmill
[/hope]

http://www.mediafire.com/?tk0mxmy2ymn

neko, speed up + spread 3 plats out = less time between bursts of plats

try this at normal speed, and if its unsatisfactory, with a 1.5x or so speedup

http://www.mediafire.com/?lttljw5mtny

You should see
side blocks gone
platforms larger
platforms aer further apart

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Windmill is still the same; non-pass-through-able...

And I noticed that with the tree platform on the fire field, the collision data is slightly lower than the actual platform. But when I say "slightly", I REALLY mean it, so it's not going to be noticable mid-match.

Also, I like how the rock on the rock field no longer has a ledge.

And I don't see a difference the the platforms, but that could be just me...

MK26

Smash Master
derp

i forgot to mention...did you try hitting somebody through it? I hope that what i did gave it the same property as that which makes skyworld's platforms passthrough when you get hit into them

this is like...the easy, simply way of doing it

EDIT: as for the platform on fire, can i get a pic? I didn't notice anything when i checked

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nope, you can't hit people through it. But it would be better if it was always pass-through-able, since the biggest problem with it is the ability to camp on one side of it, since the one approaching is greatly limited by how they can approach with the solid windmill.

Also, I just noticed how there are weird graphic issues on the fire field. There's a couple of black squares on the ground and appears and then disappears, blinking back-and-forth, every second. It just looks unnatural. :laugh:

MK26

Smash Master
derp

just keep smacking people and see if they go through them

as for the graphical issues, i can see that happening but have no antidote

and if the main problem is just camping on one side, why dont i just raise the windmill?

italic = typo edit

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think full charged smashes (both up and forward) from Fox on a heavily damaged opponent is a pretty hard hit... :laugh: ...and it's still not hitting people through. (But I guess it's not a matter of power, but location.)

But if the windmill is simply raised, then people can still camp ON the windmill. And a raised windmill might cause a circle loop... It's better if someone can just code it so it's pass-through-able...

And the tree platform really isn't noticeable unless you were looking for it (as in pausing and then zooming in). But here are the pictures...
What it looks like when the collision data matches with the ground:
HERE
And the platform in question: HERE and HERE

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hmmm...I took out the SD Card and loaded PS1, and the fire field's platform does indeed have that lower collision data. So it's Sakurai's fault!!

Also, here's the weird graphic issue I mentioned before. (Wherever there's a patch of fire, the black square appears.)
So it blinks back and forth between these two...

With Black Square
Without Black Square
A texture mistake on FroHo's part when he was editing it, perhaps?

EDIT: Why is it that you can't check out the stuff on the Wii, yourself? Broken Wii or something?

MK26

Smash Master
strict parents
<_<
the few times i have access (aka last night), magic (aka npc+) happens
>_>

as for the black square...that's weird - none of FroHo's work went directly into the pac I made

and its a good thing that the platform error is Sakurai's fault, as I didn't see any mistakes in my work

D

Deleted member

Idea: Salvage Spear Pillar and leave top platform structure intact or remove top floor and lower the two platforms. Then, edit PS2 so the electric conveyor belts move slowly toward the stage. The wind gravity lowered a lot, but still giving a slight float effect. Ground + Ice transformation should be pretty ok.

This would allow PS2 to be a viable counterpick. The new Spear Pillar would replace the old, frozen PS2 with a similar level structure as a neutral.

Thoughts?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I changed the NPC boundaries a bit. Ceiling is lower, sides are same. I actually lowered the limo a touch (so Ganon doesn't hit his head on the stage), then lowered the camera so you can see most of the limo, then lowered the boundary to suit. Overall it's barely different. I moved the final smash bones but it didn't work. Not that it matters.

MYSTERIOUS UNFORMATIONS
- Mr. Invisible Floating Breakable Platform is not nice to Ness. We must to evict his hurtboxes.
- Ganon can turning warlock punch off the boat. As you all know, this is a very important thing to do.*
- Air to ground sideB's can be fun kids, but star foxes don't stop a boat ledges.
- There are many, many waveland shenanigans with the main platform and boat. Most notable:
Ike's upB - he can retreat from it by landing on the central slanted part of the main platform. Facing left, you might be able to upB spike someone and land on the boat, sliding back toward the stage.
Yoshi's downB - This is so much fun! You can short hop a downB simply to retreat, but better than that - you slide right off the ledges! You can even do it off the tiny slanted piece on the left side (P1's spawn point is actually perfectly positioned for a grounded downB). After sliding off a ledge you can immediately ledge hog or pull out an aerial. I won't be surprised if NPC+ becomes a common CP by Yoshi mains.

* - he can also do this on Battlefield.

PAC tomorrow because I'm going to change a ceiling under the right ledge to a wall (like FD) but I don't think it will make much of a difference because it's a right wall.

Dr Pepper, I started PS2 a long time ago but never really continued because I couldn't change collisions. Now we can so... Anyways, I think the dirt pile should be squished, and the right wall of it be made a floor. The rest of what you said sounds good to me, only I don't know how to do any of it. And I would be happier with no updraft at all but that's just me.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Drpepper, I've already came up with that idea for PS2. The only difference is that I'm still debating on which direction the slowed down belt should go. And I initially thought of just finding a SSE stage that fits the neutral field of PS2 to fill in the void of a non-reversed PS2, and using a more unique edit for Spear Pillar instead, but your idea is legit, too.

Top Bottom