• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't think they celebrate Thanksgiving in Japan... or Germany... or England... At least not like us.

Does China celebrate the New years like US? I don't think so. This may actually come as a shocker to you, but the United States is not the only nation in the world.
A shocker? Not really, I know we're not the only nation, but I just figured it will be new Year for every country, why not give us something special to kickoff 2008?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
A shocker? Not really, I know we're not the only nation, but I just figured it will be new Year for every country, why not give us something special to kickoff 2008?
It'd be nice, but I don't really put much stock in the Holiday updates... I mean some people don't celebrate ANYTHING. New years, and even birthdays included.

Anyways, as much as it'd be nice to receive a kicker to end the year on the Monday in addition to a kicekr to begin it, I doubt either one is really a possibility.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
This has happened for pretty much every other holiday, don't get your hopes up.
Just enjoy your holidays without expecting much from the Dojo.
I'm thinking the "you must recover update" seems cynically likely.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I laugh at everyone who thinks that the Japanese don't celebrate Christmas.

I also laugh at everyone who thinks Christmas is a "Christian holiday".

I haven't actually read the thread, I'm just presuming that at least a handful of people went there.
I find a christmas-related update very likely, but it might as well be the Snowman song from the Mother series.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I laugh at everyone who thinks that the Japanese don't celebrate Christmas.

I also laugh at everyone who thinks Christmas is a "Christian holiday".

I haven't actually read the thread, I'm just presuming that at least a handful of people went there.
I find a christmas-related update very likely, but it might as well be the Snowman song from the Mother series.
That was my orriginal prediction, but after today's mother music. ;_; My hopes got crushed.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Nah I diagree with you and your so called thoery. DOJO has been pretty good since Friday with the shocking AT announcments/Deconfirming both Stafy and Waluigi and then Monday we got more co-op stuff and today was actually got an anti-lava stage. I wouldn't say that's $hitty and as for your x-mas thoery DEC. 25th will just be a regular update where it can join the overly hyped DEC. 3rd and 15th thoerys which proved to be wrong.

smashman0077

Smash Rookie
i really hope we get a character this christmast:

want a free ipod touch go to click this link:
no

it really works got mine already from doing this

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. To diss all of those days and defend the practicality of a special Christmas update is pretty foolish. What is more RELEVANT to SSBB, the birthday of the father of modern gaming or the supposed birthday of Jesus' human body?
Not everyone celebrates Christmas for that reason, just so you know. Christmas has become more of a COMMERCIAL holiday than a religious one. Whether or not that's a good thing is your oppinion, but simply what it's become. I know many people who celebrate Christmas as just a holiday in which to celebrate family, friends, togetherness and good cheer.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Not everyone celebrates Christmas for that reason, just so you know. Christmas has become more of a COMMERCIAL holiday than a religious one. Whether or not that's a good thing is your oppinion, but simply what it's become. I know many people who celebrate Christmas as just a holiday in which to celebrate family, friends, togetherness and good cheer.
Yes, but the point I was trying to make is that you can't defend one date as significant if you're going to diss others. How can anyone claim to know what Christmas means to Sakurai, if anything at all?

Sakurai now has a track record of "ignoring" most supposed important dates. I don't think that will change at all. So, prepare for an irrelevant Christmas update. Besides, they already used up the ice level and the Santa Penguin.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm going to eat cookies all night and just wait for the updates. Chips Ahoy Candy Blast and Double Stuf Oreos. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Yes, but the point I was trying to make is that you can't defend one date as significant if you're going to diss others. How can anyone claim to know what Christmas means to Sakurai, if anything at all?

Sakurai now has a track record of "ignoring" most supposed important dates. I don't think that will change at all. So, prepare for an irrelevant Christmas update. Besides, they already used up the ice level and the Santa Penguin.
I honestly don't expect anything to big on Christmas, though I wouldn't be surprised to have something subtle in there like he did for Halloween. Like I said, maybe a wintery SMashville screenshot or all of the screens for whatever update it may be (even if it's "You must recover, for real. I'm not joking. You REALLY must recover") on The Summit.

As I said before, I was expecting the Snowman music from Mother sometime this month. but Todays update kind of crashed that for me.

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
Hes gonna show how the AC stage looks on christmas day. BAM! winter with lights on the trees!

And im being serious here.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
a character yea right.
that was the prediction for december 3rd but we where all wrong.
the christmas update might bee good but i doubt it'll be a character.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Actualy... We got the color update a day before thanksgiving. but in Japan, it was thanksgiving day (even though they dont celebrate). So... we did get a decent thanksgiving update. and who's to say that Sakurai dosent celebrate Christmas?

I'm going to eat cookies all night and just wait for the updates. Chips Ahoy Candy Blast and Double Stuf Oreos. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.
Dont do that. I did that at a sleepover once, waiting for an update and cramming my face. at 2:30 I realized it was saturday and we werent getting an update -.-;

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
Honestly I this what is happening is that the game was supposed to be released a month ago, but it did not happen. We had a lot of good updates till then. Now that the updates need to be extended for two more months I think we are getting as much as we can, with out having to give away everything that the game has to offer. I don't think the dojo was ever meant to give away everything about the game. As for the OP well I don't think it being christmas or any other "special" day makes a difference for what we get. we get what we get so I think we should just make the best of whatever we get that day

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This is another big day that everyone hopes for a big update, but once again won't come true.(Though I hope I'm wrong)

Just to name a 3 big days in December:

December 3rd
December 15th (CoroCoro)
December 17th (Megaman Anniversary)

People keep hyping everything then get dissapointed.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I know Santa isn't real, so why go to sleep, when I can eat cookies, play my Wii, watch TV, etc. all night.
Yeah. we all know Santa isnt real (except for my freind in 7th grade.) But Im not gonna stay up all night to check one thing on the computer that I could do just as easily in 6 hours before I wake my family up. Besides, I dont want X-mas eve to seem any longer than it already does.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mikezor, i was incorrect about december 3rd. But i will personally guarentee you, character on december 25th.
I dont think well be seeing anymore characters. I think what we see now is th estarting roster (except for Sonic and Snake, which were revealed for hype purposes, and it worked) and that the rest are hidden, luigi, and falcon,(yes hes hidden again, I guarantee) etc. etc.

so Im not counting on seeing the new characters until someone in Japan posts them on youtube or we find out about them here on SWF.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yeah. we all know Santa isnt real (except for my freind in 7th grade.) But Im not gonna stay up all night to check one thing on the computer that I could do just as easily in 6 hours before I wake my family up. Besides, I dont want X-mas eve to seem any longer than it already does.
Did you read the list of the things I'm going to do?

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
You need to stop comparing Christmas to Thanksgiving and Halloween. Christmas is a WORLDWIDE holiday, while Thanksgiving is exclusively a North American one (and on different days in the US and Canada) and Halloween is a limited Western holiday.

And Santa is real.

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
My prediction: There will NOT be a character update on Christmas!!!! I 100% GUARENTEE IT!!!!! If there is I will quit these boards and not buy until three months after it comes out. That is how how absolutely positive I am thatt there will be no character on Dec 25th.

Top Bottom