• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
My prediction: There will NOT be a character update on Christmas!!!! I 100% GUARENTEE IT!!!!! If there is I will quit these boards and not buy until three months after it comes out. That is how how absolutely positive I am thatt there will be no character on Dec 25th.
:chuckle:It'll be hilarious if you're wrong.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
If December 3rd was a lame update (OMG friends list no way!!11!?!) then why would Christmas be anything worth getting excited about? Don't get your britches all bundled up in a bunch, because I will bet Christmas is no different than any other day.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I bet it'll be something like "Merry Christmas to all and here is your crappy update I formulated today just to make a bunch of you guys pissed." :D -Sakurai

Civy

Smash Cadet
lol No.

How long will it be until you people realize that update DO NOT SYNCH UP WITH ANY HOLIDAY, BIRTHDAY, OR RELEASE DATE. The ONLY THING they synch up with is public events showing new information for Brawl.

END.
Agree.
And not all the country or people are celebrating Christmas...

Well, the Dojo is not Sakurai with his computer typing informations for his fans, it's already made informations, published by a bot.
They don't care about any days or smthing...

Moreover, bot do not celebrate christmas :(

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
although i'm not saying it's going to be a bad update, sakurai might just have some screenshots of smashville with lights on the trees

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Normal (or worse) updates for:

Metroid Prime 3 launch
Halloween
Miyamoto's Birthday
Thanksgiving
Sakurai's Birthday
Galaxy launch
December 3rd
CoroCoro release day
Megaman's 20th birthday

guys, if anything, updates are usually worse than normal on 'major' days. unless Nintendo was holding some kind of press conference or major media event or something that day, and they even chose to reveal new brawl info at it, there will be nothing major. it will be either average or well below average.

Well, we got Subspace Emissary on Sakurai's birthday. If that's not major, I don't know what is.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
My prediction. Dojo shuts down on the 25th! Staff goes on break!

Sakurai: Did I really just do that? Yeah, I did. Now you can go enjoy Christmas with your families America!
XD Sakurai: I-i-i-i-i-i just shut down the Dojo? I can't REALLY do that, can I? Well... I did. *ker-close*
i can totally picture him typing that and everyone on this site is just like O______O

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
It's something that we can hope for, good theory. JINGLE BELLS, RIDLEY RULES, RIDLEY IS IN BRAWL!! Ridley will be in Brawl, u can hope that X-Mas will bring him to us.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Sakurai: What? Can it be? Baby Jesus as an Attack Trophy! Wow, h-he has to be one of the be-best ones out there r-right?

Don't laugh, I'm quite serious.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
I remember when you "guarenteed" a megaton Dec 3rd update. lol.

The Director

Smash Lord
Your actually going to check the update on Christmas? Whoever is has a really really sad life.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up here, my friend. I put Smash in front of many things in my life. To sum up my love for Smash, let me confess to you these two points:

I took a week off of work for Brawl's release.

If *insert name of dream girl here* came up to me (before 2-10-2008) and offered me sex or Brawl, I'd choose Brawl.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Well, you know it only takes like 5 seconds to check the update.

Hm yea I guess I have no life for taking 5 seconds out of it to check an update of the game im exited for.

Darkurai

Smash Master
If *insert name of dream girl here* came up to me (before 2-10-2008) and offered me sex or Brawl, I'd choose Brawl.
Now that's pathetic. Honestly, if I had to choose between Brawl and the girl I love, I'd choose the girl I love without a moment's hesitation.

121DL3Y

Smash Cadet
Christmas is probably gonna be another let down like December 3rd.

SWEET FRIEND LIST! AWESOME!

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
It will be nothing. Nothing will occur. My hopes were up for December 3rd. They will never be up again.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
My hopes were never up for any day. Not even December 15th because I knew people were making too big of a deal out of it. When you hype things up you're bound to be let down in an even bigger way.

I'm not really expecting anything amazing for Christmas, really. I'm sure it'll be a GOOD update but I doubt it'll be as groundbreaking as Stage Creator. Possibly a 3rd part character, if it DOES happen.

As for the comment about having a sad life if you check the Dojo on Christmas... yeah. Right. Because getting on the internet on Christmas day and using all of a minute of your life to check if there's a good update on the Brawl site is the EPITOME of sad-lifedom. That's EXACTLY it.

lol you can have your presents and a brawl update. Nobody is telling you you have to choose between Christmas presents and a Brawl update. Do you seriously think it's impossible to check a website on Christmas day? It's not like it's any different from any other day.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
How about a special version of You must recover as an update?

You must recover... in the snow!

W...what's this!? Is this some kind of cold joke? No, in fact we made it where the game detects what season the player is currently in and adjusts the stages accordingly!

[Pic of snow falling on Smashville]
Brr...! I can almost feel the cold.

In the Winter, the stages are bombarded with virtual snow. It's not just an aesthetic change either!

[Pic of snow falling and knocking Yoshi down]
You mean it affects gameplay!?

Be careful to avoid clumps of snow that drop from above. They can knock you down and even bury you, making you temporarily unable to move.

[Pic of a snow mound with Yoshi's tail sticking out]
Is... is he cold-blooded?

After snow buries you really deep, it seems like all that’s left is for you to stay buried.
But you must never give up hope!

[Pic of Yoshi bursting up out of the snow]
He's doing it! He did it!

Basically, you shake the Wii Remote or the directional pad left and right to break out of the snow. In the snow, fierce shaking battles often rule the match!

By the way, if you think that this is huge, you'll be happy to know we implemented the shaking feature in many ways...

[Pic of Kirby holding maracas]
Shake shake!

:laugh: Gamefaqs is hilarious(Where I got it from that is).

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Depends.

If I could never play brawl in my life or have sex once with someone hot, I'd choose to play brawl.

Anyone can get sex, Let the time come. I'm not desperate for it either.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
if your wrong you owe me a cookie, oh and this week has been good!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Replies to thread:

Your actually going to check the update on Christmas? Whoever is has a really really sad life. You should be out with friends and family gathered around a table and be eating some sort of meat. But I guess there is always Boxing Day to check.... MEGA CHRISTMAS UPDATE FTW!
Yes, I can most certainly say I will be up until 1:00 AM and check the update. I have no real reason not to...

It'd be nice, but I don't really put much stock in the Holiday updates... I mean some people don't celebrate ANYTHING. New years, and even birthdays included.
I have a friend like that. I love her to death, but she is adamant in not letting me get her anything! It's really difficult...

Sure he is, and so is Mario.
I knew a guy named Mario in high school. SANTA CONFIRMED, in REAL LIFE!

i'm not staying up cuz Santa wont come unless i'm in bed.
Smart. I hear Santa eats people along with the cookies if they are not in bed. I will risk it, Wii-mote doubles as a nun-chuck right?

Now that's pathetic. Honestly, if I had to choose between Brawl and the girl I love, I'd choose the girl I love without a moment's hesitation.
Well, it really depends. For just sex I think I would take Brawl... sex can wait... Now, if I was losing her altogether, sorry, Brawl can wait...

<3

I'd choose Brawl over sex. Any sane man would.
Hopefully that choice won't end up mandatory though...

=============

As for the thread as a whole, I can tell the future. I am a professional psychic you know. I see it already, screw the crystal ball.

Future said:
You people are idiots for expecting a good New Years update... just look at all the other days where we got crap updates, like December 3rd and Christmas. You people just let yourself get your hopes up, and then end up crying over not getting something that was not promised to you in the first place.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I'm not getting my hopes up, but that doesn't mean I can't look farward to it. Even if it's the worst update in the history of Dojo , I have Christmas itself to fall back on.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
****, I always think about that. Except I say "Sex with dream girl is ONLY thing ahead of Brawl".

As for the Christmas update, it's going to be completely random. Hell, I expect a Meta Knight special moves update :laugh:

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
What I am hoping for on Christmas/New Years is a new character update (maybe Geno), and if not that maybe 3-5 other updates (a guy can dream). What I am expecting is a random update or a double update: You Must Recover AND Metaknight's special moves.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
****, I always think about that. Except I say "Sex with dream girl is ONLY thing ahead of Brawl".

As for the Christmas update, it's going to be completely random. Hell, I expect a Meta Knight special moves update :laugh:
We've already gotten Meta Knight's special moves... twice.

I say, we'll get a double update: one random update, and Delibird as the new Chansey in Brawl. Last I checked (JUST NOW), Chansey hasn't been confirmed to be in Brawl...

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
We've already gotten Meta Knight's special moves... twice.

I say, we'll get a double update: one random update, and Delibird as the new Chansey in Brawl. Last I checked (JUST NOW), Chansey hasn't been confirmed to be in Brawl...
Well, the first time, it didn't give us a real good description. Or did it? I don't remember.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
japanese dont celebrate any winter holidays...
Odd... I could've sworn winter is from Dec 21st to March 20th... absolutely NO holidays between those two dates?

Wikipedia said:
Dec 23-The birthday of the reigning emperor is a national holiday. Emperor Akihito was born on this date in 1933. The Imperial Palace in Tokyo is open to the public, and hundreds of thousands of well-wishers wave flags in honor of the occasion.
Wikipedia said:
Although not a national holiday, Christmas in Japan is very popular, although only 0.7% are actually Christian. Many traditionally western symbols, such as carols, Santa Claus and strings of lights, and the eating of Christmas cakes (often featuring strawberries and whipped cream), have become part of the celebration. In addition, Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is popular during Christmas and the following week. Although the nativity of Jesus is usually not celebrated as part of the holiday in Japan, it is always recognized as a significant part of Christmas.
And a few more that I don't feel like quoting ^_^; Christmas is the one you guys are looking for, anyways. If you looked it up, winter is practically straight holiday until the middle of January.

Top Bottom