• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
December 25th won't have a special update.

If it does, I'll eat my hat.

If I had one.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I love the Sakurai impersonations... the make me lol...

As for December 25th update.... CAPTAIN FALCON, I bet twenty cents its CAPTAIN FALCON!

jtjt43

Smash Rookie
I guarentee that it won't even be an update, merely a 'Merry Christmas from Smash Brothers!' with a picture underneath starring the currently revealed characters

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: "Ho, ho, ho!! Merry Christmas!! Now, I know a lot of you wanted Ridley, Sheik, and Megaman in the game, so now I'm going to say:

THEY'RE ALL DECONFIRMED!!!
BAH HUMBUG!!

Hope you have a happy holiday, smashers. :)"

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
2 things that are EPIC FAIL about this thread

1-Sakurai does not give a **** about keeping dates

and 2-Christmas is a christian holiday, most clecbrated in the states, Europe ect. However, most people in Japna and Budists or Shintoists (sorry if I mispelled). Yes, there are some Christians, but no they do not get off for christmas break.

However, if you think that skaurai does give a **** about dates, change your thread to New Years, because that is a big thing in Japan.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
However, if you think that skaurai does give a **** about dates, change your thread to New Years, because that is a big thing in Japan.
OMG NEW YEARS? THAT means NEW CHARACTERS omfgtehpwnzorz*****.....but seriously, Thanksgiving, i believe is only celebrated in the states, Halloween is celebrated in different ways across the world, but Christmas and New Years is pretty much, an entire world thing......
(except for China)

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Now now now, just because Sakurai might not celebrate Christmas doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about it. Still, with the crappy updates we've been getting, I'm picturing him being a total scrooge, and keeping all of the goodie golden udates all for himself and for his employees.

I think he's in need of a vision from good ol Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
name one japanese holiday, i know i cant

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

what the hizzle is christmas? and why do we get characters on it? and for the love of lassy who is this santa claus bloke.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Normal (or worse) updates for:

Metroid Prime 3 launch
Halloween
Miyamoto's Birthday
Thanksgiving
Sakurai's Birthday
Galaxy launch
December 3rd
CoroCoro release day
Megaman's 20th birthday

guys, if anything, updates are usually worse than normal on 'major' days. unless Nintendo was holding some kind of press conference or major media event or something that day, and they even chose to reveal new brawl info at it, there will be nothing major. it will be either average or well below average.
SSE on Sakurai's birthday=HUGE update

gamer8

Smash Lord
Don't get your hopes up for a Christmas update, just like Halloween, your hopes will most likely not be what you think, though Halloween's update was good.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
My question is, why is everyone convinced we're getting another character anyway? If you ask me, we won't get another, except for a possible other 3rd party character, until the game is actually released. That backs up that the characters on there are starters. If some of them were secrets (excl. Sonic & Snake), why did he stop putting them on?

No more character updates if you ask me, the best we'll get is a possible Shiek. Other than that the only good stuff will be awesome stages (like today's) and game modes. I'm not complaining though. The game will be out in Japan/US in little over a month.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Just don't forget the main reason of the Dojo: To produce hype. He will update more characters, bank on it!

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more likely that we'd get a Christmas-themed update rather than a really good one.

Of course, there is one difference between Christmas and the other holidays that we've seen. Christmas, especially to the Japanese people, is about giving gifts, and Sakurai may see it in his warm, caring heart to give the fans a gift that day.

That being said, I think it's more likely that we're going to get an update about the scenery changing on Smashville for certain holidays, and there'd be a big whopping Christmas tree in the middle of the stage with present boxes surrounding it.

Of course, if there's anything I've learned from the Dojo, it's that Sakurai is one wily fellow, so who knows what he has in store for us over the next month or two?

The Director

Smash Lord
Wow, another crappy theory and another person just begging to have their hopes shot down in a fiery mess.

You all realize by now that updates never correspond with special dates, right? And you also realize that the Japanese don't even really celebrate Christmas?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Your actually going to check the update on Christmas? Whoever is has a really really sad life. You should be out with friends and family gathered around a table and be eating some sort of meat. But I guess there is always Boxing Day to check.... MEGA CHRISTMAS UPDATE FTW!

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
For the Halloween update, there was a little pumpkin guy on the Summit. That probably wasn't a coincidence, and I think Sakurai would do something similar for Christmas. As for what kind of update it'll be, it's 0% possible to know for sure.
really? there was a pikman on the top of the summit

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Um... don't expect anything on Christmas.

Come on people, get a grip on your lives and move on! Time will do its thing and before you know it, February 10 will be here.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Can somebody close this? For one, the thread is on repeat. Secondly, there's nothing to speculate about. If we get a cool update on Christmas, it's a coincidence. If Sakurai actually does a great Christmas-themed update on Dec. 25, well then, we were wrong. Other than that, there's NOTHING to say on that matter.
Plus, you gotta admit that it's becoming kind of a nuisance here. We were proven wrong so many times before about the holiday related updates, so why continue this stuff? And if you don't quit soon, about 1/3 of the boards will actually believe it.

So close down please

Inocram

Smash Cadet
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
How can you 100% confirm a theory? All of the other 100% confirmed date of a revealed character turned out to be around...well 0%. I'm not saying there is no chance of a character on Christmas. There is a degree of likelihood however there is no certainty.

The things people will blow out of proportion these days...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Another thread, expecting a good update? You guys are jinxing it!!! Remember Dec. 3rd
December third never had a chance. -_-... It was North America's release date. Not Japan's. Not Englands. Not Australlias. Not Germanys. Why would Sakurai cater to just us when EVERYONE is getting those updates?

Christmas is at least celebrated worldwide, but even then I doubt we'll get anything more than screenshots from teh summit, or a wintery Smashville. Simply because not everyone celebrates it, and Sakurai knows that, I'm sure.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
December third never had a chance. -_-... It was North America's release date. Not Japan's. Not Englands. Not Australlias. Not Germanys. Why would Sakurai cater to just us when EVERYONE is getting those updates?

Christmas is at least celebrated worldwide, but even then I doubt we'll get anything more than screenshots from teh summit, or a wintery Smashville. Simply because not everyone celebrates it, and Sakurai knows that, I'm sure.
Well Thanksgiving is also celebrated, but did it recieve a special update? No. New Year is celebrated I guess, is anyone expecting anything special for that.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well Thanksgiving is also celebrated, but did it recieve a special update? No. New Year is celebrated I guess, is anyone expecting anything special for that.
I don't think they celebrate Thanksgiving in Japan... or Germany... or England... At least not like us.

Does China celebrate the New years like US? I don't think so. This may actually come as a shocker to you, but the United States is not the only nation in the world.

Top Bottom