• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl IV (feat. Reflex, Player-1, DRN, and BBQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here like Lucas or olimar? Any-NON metaknights?

Aaahhhh poop! It's in a day tomorrow! I'm not coming 99% sure :(

but tonight I'm getta play it w/ some peeps 15/7! Usally I beat them but they've gotten better. I'll try to record some MUs to show how good I am. :)

Teleport

Smash Rookie
Cant wait to see everyone here! This is my first tourney and I'm excited to see how I do and meet y'all!

:phone:

Teleport

Smash Rookie
Even if I get ground into a pulp! :) but hey! You only get better by playing with the best!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Well, tournament was great. I had a good time, but I was very disappointed in my performance. Not surprised, mind you. Just disappointed. I just don't see it. I don't see how I can possibly win these tournaments. I have nobody to play with for hours, and with gas prices being what they are, furk that lol. And even if I do manage to find someone, they aren't going to be at the level of people at tournaments like this. I was the only person in SC that made this and although I did my best to be fluent in the game before I came, I got slaughtered because I haven't played real people in over a year so I have no reflexes. It's so easy to beat me, all you have to do is L cancel everything and run me over without thinking. I wish it weren't that way, but it is.

You win, GA.

ShadowMarth-JTW

Smash Rookie
I got beat pretty bad myself.
though i was terribly off my game. its like i forgot everything i learned. Still, I had fun for my 1st offline tourney

Player-1

Smash Legend
not yet, sure it will come

1. Reflex
2. BigLou
3. Player-1
4. DRN
5. Mc Pe
5. Dyno
7. Gadiel VaStar
7. aml?!

is what I know from memory, 32 entrants total

Player-1

Smash Legend
mc pe only used wofl in one set against Player-4 to my knowledge and that was only because p4 asked him to for wofl experience

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
There are a lot of things about this tourney that I'd like to say. But rather than ramble on about random stuff, I'll just say that I had an excellent time and it was all worth the trip. I somehow managed to enter all three events. Though, as expected, I didn't really do that well. But I learned a couple of things that I'll take back home and bring back the next time I come.

Thank you x9001 for housing me, Kaptain, and running an awesome tourney. I really appreciate it. Good luck with the move, though I know you'd much prefer putting your energy into something else. If all else fails, you can always chain grab your troubles away!

Also, thanks to all those I met and played. I really appreciate it and I hope to meet you all again!

Well, tournament was great. I had a good time, but I was very disappointed in my performance. Not surprised, mind you. Just disappointed. I just don't see it. I don't see how I can possibly win these tournaments. I have nobody to play with for hours, and with gas prices being what they are, furk that lol. And even if I do manage to find someone, they aren't going to be at the level of people at tournaments like this. I was the only person in SC that made this and although I did my best to be fluent in the game before I came, I got slaughtered because I haven't played real people in over a year so I have no reflexes. It's so easy to beat me, all you have to do is L cancel everything and run me over without thinking. I wish it weren't that way, but it is.

You win, GA.
I believe I remember playing you 1st round in the Melee bracket. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not from Georgia. Ok, that probably didn't help. BUT I TRIED, OK? :p

Though no worries. I was pretty much in the same bucket as you're in until quite recently. Though I came here via Megabus, so gas wasn't on my mind. I guess the best I can say for you is to keep looking or even try to start a scene yourself. Even in the most dead of regions, there's at least 1 other person that's trying to get better at Smash, I'm sure. They're just like you, wondering where everyone else is.

Hope to play you again another time.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hey, everyone, or anyone who Played "ShadowMarthJTW" in the results thread, mind posting some tips for him, so he can improve, General things you noticed he wasn't doing right ? If you could, You'd have all my gratitude.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I have the best katarina NA

when you look at melee singles btw the names that should go beside our troll names that we entered as are
Best Kat NA(Nicaboy)
Mango(Flaming roy)
Bushidoo Brown(something like that)( Chinesah)

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
So who all won money? I'm sad I didn't get to go but hopefully next time. And if there is a next time, could it be in SC (I live in NC) so it's closer? It can be on the egde of SC but could u just please make it like 15, 20 minutes closer to NC?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Top 3 in each event made money.

This tournament happens specifically at UGA once a semester. There's no way it's going to be moved.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Probably, yeah. Either way, SC doesn't really have many players for Smash in general.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The place an event is hosted at.

This isn't a methodical procedure. You advertise an event on the site and people come if it's not too far. You look up housing via nearby hotels (not preferred) or by who you know in the area that is willing to let people stay the night. No guarantees that people will come, but if you advertise it well enough and people aren't too far away, it should be okay.

Anyway, this can be taken to private messaging. Results thread is up--

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328802

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom